Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2013 6:51:19 PM EDT
Now, the way it reads in the rulebook, on a fixed-sight revolver,  you can paint the front sight silver/gold or whatnot, as long as you paint the entire back of the front sight, and it's still good, yes?

I picked up a fixed sight Single Six and a Henry Frontier Model in .22lr, so I can practice on the cheap (relative to .38/.44spl), but I have a bit of a problem picking up the front sight on the SS with any speed, and I wanted to make sure before I painted it and got used to firing it that way, that it was still kosher by the rulebook.

I really love the way the 5.5" balances. Definitely going with that length when I get a Vaquero.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup.  Perfectly legal.

Use White Epoxy Enamel.  Appliance repair paint.  Little bottle, available at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I used white appliance paint for a long time with very good results............right up until I went to an out of town match that had white targets.

I've since put Slick McClades SureHit and LOVE them.  On a bright sunny day they really don't make much difference but on an overcast day that bright brass just jumps out at you.
Top Top