[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Stumbled upon this the other night.
View Quote

Yeah I remember that one. It's a creepy pasta or similar
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:39:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Every once in awhile mom checks in on us.
We hear her footsteps at night.

A few nights ago I had a very vivid dream about seeing hairy man(big foot) while traveling up a river.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:59:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#3]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:

That reads like it was written by a fan of H.P. Lovecraft - fan fiction.  I like the way it ends - guy goes off, never heard from again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Rediscovered this thread after quite a few years….

I haven’t experienced anything outside of what I can say is reality, but I got seriously freaked out awhile back.

I was house sitting alone for family friends in my late teens, and the house was old and quite large for AK. It’s late December, and it’s around midnight when I start hearing this tapping and banging from another room. Like something trying to get in through a window.

I’m freaked out, but work up enough courage to take a peak into the room.

I saw a large animal outside the window, and I flip out before shining a light on what turns out to be a moose eating a willow growing against the house.

I had forgotten that till now, and can’t believe it’s been nearly 20 years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:22:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hobs98] [#5]
Originally Posted By braapJob:

Same. As far back as I can remember as a kid, I had pre-cog/deja vu dreams very very often. As I’ve gotten older, I have done the same thing. As soon as I realize it’s happening, I try to change what I do to “stop” the Deja vu and go down a “different timeline” if you will, lol. Since I’ve been doing that, they happen far less frequently.

Not sure if I shared it in this thread but we had a lot of weird happenings in my house after my wife’s mom died on Jan 1 2023. Shadow figures in the corner of our eyes, shit falling/moving, the usual stuff. I think after the “anger” her mom “felt” subsided (you know…dying unexpectedly and all), all of it stopped.

I think the most “creepy” is my niece (wife’s sister’s daughter) told her mom that “gam gam is wondering why she’s trapped in a box and why she can’t come out and swim.” They cremated their mom and we were supposed to go the Caribbean after the holidays and they were going to spread her ashes in the Atlantic. They had gone there and various other tropical vacations their whole life with their mom and her mom was always collecting mermaid trinkets, pictures, etc. My SIL said she turned pure white and started bawling because there’s zero chance my niece would have known that information, she was 3 when their mom died and now she’s 4.
View Quote

I've had pre cog dreams. Im pretty sure I saved a guys life because of one. The funny thing is I never told him about it. He text me this week to remind me this was the week the accident happened. To be clear, part of my dream happened, he just wasn't in the place he was in my dream. In my dream, it was a routine call and he went alone. That week it actually happened and I went with him.

Ill clean this up and post the whole story soon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Man that's creepy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I previously posted this in another thread but I figured I'd post it here...

I did a brief stint as an overnight security guard in a recycling warehouse that I'd previously worked at during the day.

The first few hours weren't bad, then they shut down the yard as well as the adjacent business that shared the building, leaving me alone on the property.

I'd made my rounds, then went to sit up in an elevated lunchroom and read books to kill time.

I started hearing some strange commotion out on the shop floor, like someone was digging around in the huge piles or aluminum cans, paper and cardboard that sat out there.

I ran down, checked the place out carefully, thinking maybe a homeless person or animal had maybe gotten in somehow, but found nothing.

I also looked at the balers and other equipment, thinking that maybe they reset themselves at a certain point, but found nothing and everything was powered down and locked out.

Back to the lunch room I went, then 15 minutes later I hear the noises again, I come out, again find nothing, so back I went.

However this time I'm making a point of keeping watch out the window from the room, hoping to get a glimpse of whatever it was. I hear what sounds like a heavy box being drop to the floor, but can't see anything, so I race out, really perplexed at this point.

Don't find anything, however most of the lights started shutting off in sequence automatically, so I was was like "fuck this" and ran back to the lunch room and closed blinds.

Two more hours went by uneventfully, though at this point I'm creeped out and cold.

A bit later I heard some more faint suspicious noises but at this point wasn't going to respond.

Then, I hear the unmistakable sound of booted feet on the stairs leading up to the lunchroom.

Holee shit, a this point I'm filled with dread and jumped up and locked the door and then went to a spot by the window where I could see the bottom portion of the stairs.

I watched for over 20 minutes and of course saw nothing. I'm seriously weirded out at this point.

I figured that someone was either still standing out on the steps, or possibly right on the other side of the doorway, waiting where I couldn't see them, or they'd managed to quietly run back to the shop floor amd hide.

I considered calling the foreman, but assuming he even answers, what do I tell him? He'd probably insist that I go looking around in the dark, unarmed and without even a flashlight.

I spent the next few hours, sitting facing the doorway, just listening carefully. Let me tell you I was never so glad as when I heard the morning shift come in an open the place up.

I ended up  quitting that job, even though I really needed it, and from what I heard later apparently I wasn't the first guy to last only one shift working security at that location.

Paranormal? Who knows? But definitely unsettling.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheRX7Project:
My son started talking about Jamaica one day when he was ~4. He has never been to Jamaica. We don't watch TV shows or videos about Jamaica.

He told us about going to the Chinese New Year parade in Jamaica.  We thought it was just goofy. Then for the hell of it my wife googled about Chinese New Year in Jamaica and apparently it's a big deal to them and they do have parades and celebrations.

We still talk about it and it still creeps us out some.
View Quote

I wrote about some stuff at our old house in this thread but when we were living there my youngest who.was 3 or so at the time would randomly point out old buildings when we were driving and say he used to work there or retired from there and I think he pointed out a few houses that he knows.had burned down at some point (they were regular occupied houses).
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SnowMexican:
I previously posted this in another thread but I figured I'd post it here...

I did a brief stint as an overnight security guard in a recycling warehouse that I'd previously worked at during the day.

The first few hours weren't bad, then they shut down the yard as well as the adjacent business that shared the building, leaving me alone on the property.

I'd made my rounds, then went to sit up in an elevated lunchroom and read books to kill time.

I started hearing some strange commotion out on the shop floor, like someone was digging around in the huge piles or aluminum cans, paper and cardboard that sat out there.

I ran down, checked the place out carefully, thinking maybe a homeless person or animal had maybe gotten in somehow, but found nothing.

I also looked at the balers and other equipment, thinking that maybe they reset themselves at a certain point, but found nothing and everything was powered down and locked out.

Back to the lunch room I went, then 15 minutes later I hear the noises again, I come out, again find nothing, so back I went.

However this time I'm making a point of keeping watch out the window from the room, hoping to get a glimpse of whatever it was. I hear what sounds like a heavy box being drop to the floor, but can't see anything, so I race out, really perplexed at this point.

Don't find anything, however most of the lights started shutting off in sequence automatically, so I was was like "fuck this" and ran back to the lunch room and closed blinds.

Two more hours went by uneventfully, though at this point I'm creeped out and cold.

A bit later I heard some more faint suspicious noises but at this point wasn't going to respond.

Then, I hear the unmistakable sound of booted feet on the stairs leading up to the lunchroom.

Holee shit, a this point I'm filled with dread and jumped up and locked the door and then went to a spot by the window where I could see the bottom portion of the stairs.

I watched for over 20 minutes and of course saw nothing. I'm seriously weirded out at this point.

I figured that someone was either still standing out on the steps, or possibly right on the other side of the doorway, waiting where I couldn't see them, or they'd managed to quietly run back to the shop floor amd hide.

I considered calling the foreman, but assuming he even answers, what do I tell him? He'd probably insist that I go looking around in the dark, unarmed and without even a flashlight.

I spent the next few hours, sitting facing the doorway, just listening carefully. Let me tell you I was never so glad as when I heard the morning shift come in an open the place up.

I ended up  quitting that job, even though I really needed it, and from what I heard later apparently I wasn't the first guy to last only one shift working security at that location.

Paranormal? Who knows? But definitely unsettling.
View Quote

That’s creepy. But no way I would do that job without a gun, light, and knife. Or at a minimum some ghost spray.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:08:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a few creepy stories I'll share.

I'll start with the most subtle one.

If you've ever been to the I-X Center in Cleveland, you'd know it's an old aircraft and tank manufacturing facility built in 1942. It's a massive building billed as the largest single-building exhibition facility in the world. That feels precisely like a repurposed aircraft/tank plant would: immense, cold, and mechanical. It was considered a high-value target during WW2, so a lot of subterranean infrastructure was built underground to accommodate the workforce and provide shelter in case the facility was bombed. If I remember correctly, an underground medical facility, shelter, and storage were built into the site. At one point, a tunnel ran under the Cleveland Hopkins Intl Airport runway that connected the facility to the airport. Post 9/11 that tunnel was blocked due to security concerns that someone would blow up the runway.

I used to work the International Auto Show circuit and traveled as an experiential producer who ran the displays for various manufacturers. Our team set up the displays, handled staffing, and all the other shit that comes with putting on the event. I could feel that this place had a storied past; you could sense that there were injuries and potential deaths that came with thousands of employees building B-29s, Walker Bulldogs, and Howitzers.

One day, I asked the head security guard about ghosts and paranormal activity around the building to see if my suspicions were true. Sure enough, he confirmed that the facility loses a few staff yearly due to their inability to stick around after dark. So I did what anyone with a little pull and curiosity would do, I arranged a ghost-hunting tour for my crew interested in checking out the building after show hours...

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#11]
We arrived at 9 pm, met with the head of security, who loaded us into a golf cart, and we headed off looking for the unknown. When I say this place is massive, I mean massive 2.2 million square feet. If you've ever been to a big auto show, the hubbub of daily activity makes the space feel smaller; when you turn off the lights, empty and silent, the space seems to open up. We explored the underground area off-limits to the masses, saw where they sealed off the tunnel to the airport, and explored the grounds. The head of security takes us to one tunnel underground; he tells us that this one is the sight of most paranormal sightings. It's a long, unlit tunnel to nowhere, stark like a hospital, and it's cold as fuck. He tells us to walk down if we want to check it out, so a few of us do. Every step feels like the walls are closing in like we're on our way to our demise. A couple of the girls get spooked, which only worsens things. So we bail out and walk back to the golf cart. We didn't see anything. I'm starting to think this might be bullshit; it's just a big spooky old building.

Then we get back into the main hall... As we're navigating in the dark through all the displays full of cars, an exit door swings wide open along one of the walls. The HPS bulbs from the exterior lights of the building illuminate brightly in the dark hall, and the door slams shut abruptly. They're the kind of substantial, heavy steel doors that, when locked, can't be opened from the outside; the door closing echoes loudly through the quiet building. Our tour guide's tone shifts to one of concern; we think some of the crew might have missed the tour and are trying to find us. We zip across the floor to the door, and open it, expecting to see some of my guys waiting in the snow for us. Nope, nothing... Then another door across the hall on the other side does the same thing...
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:13:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Mind you, this room is more significant than a football field, so even in a golf cart, it takes a minute to get across the hall.... Then another door opens in the same fashion. The doors are opening a hundred feet from one another.

Our guide's tone is now shifting to a bit of panic; "Who's in here!?" he begins to holler loudly into the massive hall (completely ignoring the 7 of us in the cart with him). The radio chatter is increasing. This place is under surveillance, so he's yelling at the guys in the security center to check the monitors; they keep replying they don't see anything. We hit every door that opened and checked outside, and there was no one there; the building is a huge fucking box. There was nowhere to hide; it had been snowing, and there were no footsteps in the fresh snow, indicating someone was walking around. He stops in the middle of the hall; everyone in the cart is silent. Inside this massive building is a giant Ferris wheel, so big there's a hole cut in the roof, giving the rider a view of the airport from above the building, but the whole thing is still enclosed in glass so it can used in the winter. As if on command, our attention focuses on the Ferris wheel, and just then, one of the cabins begins to rock slightly, and the sound of lubricated metal-on-metal movement echoes across the ceiling.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#13]
"Tour's over," our guide says; "Ya, no shit," I'm thinking, these girls aren't going to sleep for a month. So we proceeded towards the exit door closest to where we were picked up next to our parked cars. About 75 feet from our exit door, out of nowhere, it flings open like the others. We're moving pretty fast in this cart, and we close the gap to the door in seconds, and there's nobody there. Not a fucking thing. I had to spend the next two days in this place after this experience, and I'm not gonna lie; I was spooked. Even with everyone enjoying their time at the auto show during the show hours, we felt alone in broad daylight. Nobody on our ghost tour wanted to spend time near the final door that flew open (it was our entrance to our displays for our crew.). I'm not saying it couldn't have been an elaborate prank to spook us; the building is big enough to hide many people opening doors that can't be seen, and heating a huge fucking building like that might have created enough airflow to move a Ferris wheel gondola when it blows through. Still, the security guards' state of mind told a different story. I guess the other staff could have been fucking with him too, but he seemed pretty shaken up about the whole deal.

In my opinion, from my experience, the I-X Center is fucking haunted.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I'm limited to 2000 characters because "I'm a new account".
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ettelbreck:
"Tour's over," our guide says; "Ya, no shit," I'm thinking, these girls aren't going to sleep for a month. So we proceeded towards the exit door closest to where we were picked up next to our parked cars. About 75 feet from our exit door, out of nowhere, it flings open like the others. We're moving pretty fast in this cart, and we close the gap to the door in seconds, and there's nobody there. Not a fucking thing. I had to spend the next two days in this place after this experience, and I'm not gonna lie; I was spooked. Even with everyone enjoying their time at the auto show during the show hours, we felt alone in broad daylight. Nobody on our ghost tour wanted to spend time near the final door that flew open (it was our entrance to our displays for our crew.). I'm not saying it couldn't have been an elaborate prank to spook us; the building is big enough to hide many people opening doors that can't be seen, and heating a huge fucking building like that might have created enough airflow to move a Ferris wheel gondola when it blows through. Still, the security guards' state of mind told a different story. I guess the other staff could have been fucking with him too, but he seemed pretty shaken up about the whole deal.

In my opinion, from my experience, the I-X Center is fucking haunted.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I'm limited to 2000 characters because "I'm a new account".
View Quote

Well that's pretty fuckin awesome. If the girls were spooked by a dark hallway, I bet they were about to stroke out when the real party started.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Well that's pretty fuckin awesome. If the girls were spooked by a dark hallway, I bet they were about to stroke out when the real party started.
View Quote

I'll give it to the girls; they're troopers. They're usually beautiful but can't get by on looks alone; they have to get shit done to stay employed. They're used to being quick on their feet and rolling with the punches. They get hit on all day, and it doesn't get to their heads; they're some of the best workers I've ever had to deal with in a workplace. Before the main hall event, the security guide told us ghost stories from past experiences relayed by other employees. There was a lot of chatter and nervous laughter. All that changed when we hit the main hall and that first door opened. At first, we tried to rationalize what we saw and come up with conclusions that would explain things. After the second door opened from the inside, we went silent. The only sound was the hum of the electric cart motor, and this guy jabbering on the walkie. Everyone went into some sort of primal survival mode, intently listening for every movement to make sense of it all. As we headed towards the final exit and the last door opened, the silence was broken by a loud "Gasp!" from everyone in the cart, followed by one girl just saying, "Oh shit." but not in an elated state, more like "welp, I guess this is the end." kind of "oh shit".   It's a small world running these events. Word traveled like wildfire through the event after our experience. We had a couple of people each from VW, Toyota, and Kia's teams, so once they told the story, the other manufacturers' teams tried to schedule a tour, but management canned the idea. Our "Lucky 7" were the only ones to have that opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Did anyone take video?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Dude, helluva throwback!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ettelbreck:

I'll give it to the girls; they're troopers. They're usually beautiful but can't get by on looks alone; they have to get shit done to stay employed. They're used to being quick on their feet and rolling with the punches. They get hit on all day, and it doesn't get to their heads; they're some of the best workers I've ever had to deal with in a workplace. Before the main hall event, the security guide told us ghost stories from past experiences relayed by other employees. There was a lot of chatter and nervous laughter. All that changed when we hit the main hall and that first door opened. At first, we tried to rationalize what we saw and come up with conclusions that would explain things. After the second door opened from the inside, we went silent. The only sound was the hum of the electric cart motor, and this guy jabbering on the walkie. Everyone went into some sort of primal survival mode, intently listening for every movement to make sense of it all. As we headed towards the final exit and the last door opened, the silence was broken by a loud "Gasp!" from everyone in the cart, followed by one girl just saying, "Oh shit." but not in an elated state, more like "welp, I guess this is the end." kind of "oh shit".   It's a small world running these events. Word traveled like wildfire through the event after our experience. We had a couple of people each from VW, Toyota, and Kia's teams, so once they told the story, the other manufacturers' teams tried to schedule a tour, but management canned the idea. Our "Lucky 7" were the only ones to have that opportunity.
View Quote

I wonder if you were being pranked and the whole thing was a setup by the guide & some accomplices.

Well, since you basically told him you wanted a “ghost tour.”

Maybe they decided to have some fun with you?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I used to work night shift as a bedside nurse in a trauma unit. People died all the time especially during the early months of COVID. The floor I worked was divided into three pods each pod having its own med/supply room. There was one pod that seemed to have the most paranormal activity. I have had a few experiences there and my coworkers had have a few themselves. Things like bed alarms going off without someone in the bed, bathroom doors slamming shut and other creepy stuff.

One shift, I was getting meds from the med room. I am by myself in the room. After a few minutes in the room, I hear a splunk. I turn around and see an IV bag in the floor. So I think it just fell. Maybe someone grabbed a bag earlier causing this one to shift position. So I put it back where it belongs. I turn to finish pulling my meds. Again, I hear a splunk. And again, the IV bag is on the floor. I put it back and exit the room a little freaked out.

A short time later. another nurse goes to pull her meds. She comes out and asks me why I left an IV bag on the floor.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:25:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: missme] [#20]
Originally Posted By Icopy:
I used to work night shift as a bedside nurse in a trauma unit. People died all the time especially during the early months of COVID. The floor I worked was divided into three pods each pod having its own med/supply room. There was one pod that seemed to have the most paranormal activity. I have had a few experiences there and my coworkers had have a few themselves. Things like bed alarms going off without someone in the bed, bathroom doors slamming shut and other creepy stuff.

One shift, I was getting meds from the med room. I am by myself in the room. After a few minutes in the room, I hear a splunk. I turn around and see an IV bag in the floor. So I think it just fell. Maybe someone grabbed a bag earlier causing this one to shift position. So I put it back where it belongs. I turn to finish pulling my meds. Again, I hear a splunk. And again, the IV bag is on the floor. I put it back and exit the room a little freaked out.

A short time later. another nurse goes to pull her meds. She comes out and asks me why I left an IV bag on the floor.
View Quote

Just in case you missed it, someone, way back in this thread, provided a link to a long-running thread in the allnurses forum on creepy/odd/amazing things that people who worked in the medical profession, on hospital wards, or in nursing homes, etc. had witnessed or experienced...it was riveting. Your experience would fit right in for the "odd" and unexplainable happenings others experienced in similar environments.

Just a word of warning, that thread was addictive, and spanned a decade or so of contributions, some terrifying, some heartwarming, some mystifying...

https://allnurses.com/whats-your-best-nursing-ghost-t79490/

(When I first visited/read in the thread, there were dates on the posts, but when I found it again some time later to read further, the dates are now gone. Not sure if the website went through some revisions, the way arfcom did when they stripped user names from archived posts, etc, so it is harder to figure out where you leave off, since it does seem to me that the thread is still being added tp? Not sure tho, since I am not a member of that website, just an enthralled tourist for the one thread!)
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#21]
Originally Posted By missme:

Just in case you missed it, someone, way back in this thread, provided a link to a long-running thread in the allnurses forum on creepy/odd/amazing things that people who worked in the medical profession, on hospital wards, or in nursing homes, etc. had witnessed or experienced...it was riveting. Your experience would fit right in for the "odd" and unexplainable happenings others experienced in similar environments.

Just a word of warning, that thread was addictive, and spanned a decade or so of contributions, some terrifying, some heartwarming, some mystifying...

https://allnurses.com/whats-your-best-nursing-ghost-t79490/

(When I first visited/read in the thread, there were dates on the posts, but when I found it again some time later to read further, the dates are now gone. Not sure if the website went through some revisions, the way arfcom did when they stripped user names from archived posts, etc, so it is harder to figure out where you leave off, since it does seem to me that the thread is still being added tp? Not sure tho, since I am not a member of that website, just an enthralled tourist for the one thread!)
View Quote

Ugh! I really wish you hadn't posted that link, dude! I haven't gotten a damn thing done since I saw it, early this afternoon!

ETA: This post cracked me up! LOL

"Wow I almost forgot about this one! When I moved to this town a neighbor man became a good friend of mine in an odd sort of way. He was older but his son was same age as my girls. He was a single dad raising the boy by himself. Despite his rough and (sometimes very) crass ways about him (the things this man said could be very nasty and sexist and sexual (not cute, but like rude) at times!) we got along fine as long I pretended to not hear his comments about my butt, boobs, or how he thought I just needed a good F***, whatever. He was afterall a very good man other than never knowing when to keep his trap shut! He did lots of nice selfless things like plow everyones drive, volunteer, etc. Just was a rough guy- worse than Archie Bunker! I don't think he even knew he was offensive as he was so backwoods!

Well he developed liver cancer and went downhill quite fast. When he was admitted and it was certain he would not make it out, I went and stayed the midnite shift with him several nites so he would not be alone (he was in and out). well one afternoon I just had this urge to go in right then to see him even though it was only like 2 ish. I walked in the room as he was taking his last breaths. I held his hand tight and he held on for dear life. I whispered that he could go now, that I would watch over his son and all would be okay. Told him I loved him and gave him a kiss and big hug squeezed his hand.

Well don't you know the next thing I felt as I started to pull away was a HUGE SLAP on my butt!!!! this was after a really huge breath that he took (nobody was anywhere near me!!) Damn if he didn't get me!! I jumped a mile high and freaked! I could feel this shock like thing at the same time and I KNEW he had passed. The friend in the room was trying to say, no he would take another breath and I told her no way, he just left thru the window- you could see the wisp! I cant remember if I told her why I jumped a mile high or not! I just noted time and went to get his nurse to say he had just left thru the window. They waited the 10 min to call him, but that was it for him.

He used to say I needed a good slap on my a** to get me going and I think that was his way of saying good bye. I miss him at his best."
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Ever post in a really cool thread and then it dies?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:
View Quote
This thread will never die.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By packinheavy:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By packinheavy:
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

If it does, we'll still see its ghost every now and then in the dark.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Keep the creepy coming.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hobs98] [#27]
Typing on my phone so bear with me.

I'm from a small town. The county is also not super populated. We do have a lot of national forest in it. The par land is  all dirt roads and very few house. The roads wander for miles into other counties. The national guard uses it for training. College kids got a DD and rode backroads drinking beer.

One night, it was my turn to drive, I was stone sober, as my dad would have killed me. We were way back on these roads and a passenger says hey whats that. We all get out, in the woods were like 40 lanterns bobbing around. We would normally think fireflies but it was early November.
  Any way, these lanterns were just bobbing around,
My buddy said its probably poachers or meth heads lets move on. Another friend, who knew exactly where we were said nope thats a ravine those lights are 30' in the air. I grab the cordless spotlight.i had in the truck an shine it across the trees. The lanterns lights kinda swirled for a second and then just turned off. Like someone hit the switch on them.
We moved on pretty quick.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#28]
keepin it goin... other night, dog who is normally reaaaaaaaaal quiet, looks out at window and barks when i say "satan"  in reference to some current events thing or sometihng....

kinda lame, i know, but thats what i got
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhatsGnu] [#30]
Our current home was occupied by a young man that died here. We occasionally catch a glimpse of movement out the corner of our eye, and sometimes things seem to move around while we're gone, but...
Mrs. Wildebeest has a self-portrait painting of herself as a child done by a long deceased relative.
About a month ago, the dog was barking furiously in that part of the house, to find the dog looking up at the painting and barking her head off. She kept going back to repeat that for several days, then suddenly stopped, and currently takes about as much interest in the painting as you would expect from a dog - none.
It is a creepy painting, but who knows?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:
Our current home was occupied by a young man that died here. We occasionally catch a glimpse of movement out the corner of our eye, and sometimes things seem to move around while we're gone, but...
Mrs. Wildebeest has a self-portrait painting of herself as a child done by a long deceased relative.
About a month ago, the dog was barking furiously in that part of the house, to find the dog looking up at the painting and barking her head off. She kept going back to repeat that for several days, then suddenly stopped, and currently takes about as much interest in the painting as you would expect from a dog - none.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/464777/20240411_132353-3185004.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, that painting would have to go elsewhere after the dog freaked out at whatever it was manifesting. (no offense to the Mrs. or her talented artist relative). If the strangeness continues get an old school priest to do a house blessing to remove your "guest".
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

Yeah, that painting would have to go elsewhere after the dog freaked out at whatever it was manifesting. (no offense to the Mrs. or her talented artist relative). If the strangeness continues get an old school priest to do a house blessing to remove your "guest".
View All Quotes

Yep!

"Great painting honey!  Too bad it's going out with the trash before sundown!"

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#34]
This happened to me a couple of years ago.  I was on the road for work staying in a normal hotel In Minneapolis. Nothing special about the hotel, just that I was alone and on the computer working on email or something when all of a sudden I get the INXS song “never tear us apart” stuck in my head and feel kind of melancholy. This is strange to me, since I am not, and never really was an INXS fan, and the only reason I ever paid attention to that song was that way back 30-something years ago at a high school dance I took a chance and asked an upper-classman girl (Linda) to dance to that song. She said yes, and we did the whole awkward high school slow dance.  I’m sure she didn’t think anything of it, but to the freshman me- it was the stuff dreams were made of.  

Anyway, nothing ever happened with Linda.  Just one dance.  

A couple of months later, I was catching up with an old high school friend.  We discussed how we had a couple of classmates die over the past year.  He just casually mentions that Linda (it was a small school, so we all kinda knew each other, so it’s not weird he would mention it) passed away a few months before.  As far as I can tell, it was pretty much at the same time I got that song stuck in my head in a hotel room a thousand miles away.

Weird coincidence?  Dunno… but it was weird.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I learned long ago to not criticize Mrs. Wildebeest's relatives or decorating decisions. I seldom go into that room anyway, so I can ignore it.
The funny thing is things getting moved, or appearing in weird places: 2 different instances of things appearing in the bed - under the sheets - out of the blue, once a dog treat, once a pistachio shell filled with water.
I have zero explanation for either of those.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 6gunfighter2:

Yep!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6gunfighter2:

Yep!

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I think the story about what happened to one member who lives in Vermont
was pretty creepy and after he posted it I was in that area for work and happened
to mention that  mountain to some locals. The poster never said the location but from his story I figured out where it was from years of camping and hiking through Vermont.

They said said yeah there's something really wrong about that place and locals never camp up there .
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#38]

I learned long ago to not criticize Mrs. Wildebeest's relatives or decorating decisions. I seldom go into that room anyway, so I can ignore it.
The funny thing is things getting moved, or appearing in weird places: 2 different instances of things appearing in the bed - under the sheets - out of the blue, once a dog treat, once a pistachio shell filled with water.
View All Quotes

Do you have working CO detectors?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Sure do.
Doesn't everyone?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bullsi191145:
This happened to me a couple of years ago.  I was on the road for work staying in a normal hotel In Minneapolis. Nothing special about the hotel, just that I was alone and on the computer working on email or something when all of a sudden I get the INXS song “never tear us apart” stuck in my head and feel kind of melancholy. This is strange to me, since I am not, and never really was an INXS fan, and the only reason I ever paid attention to that song was that way back 30-something years ago at a high school dance I took a chance and asked an upper-classman girl (Linda) to dance to that song. She said yes, and we did the whole awkward high school slow dance.  I’m sure she didn’t think anything of it, but to the freshman me- it was the stuff dreams were made of.  

Anyway, nothing ever happened with Linda.  Just one dance.  

A couple of months later, I was catching up with an old high school friend.  We discussed how we had a couple of classmates die over the past year.  He just casually mentions that Linda (it was a small school, so we all kinda knew each other, so it’s not weird he would mention it) passed away a few months before.  As far as I can tell, it was pretty much at the same time I got that song stuck in my head in a hotel room a thousand miles away.

Weird coincidence?  Dunno… but it was weird.
View Quote

i heard a thing about the tsunami in malaysia or whereever and how like, the wole planet  (among sensitive types?) had a collective feeling of foreboding/doom before it hit.  havent done any looking in, but somehow we are all kinda connected?  torroidal? electric univers?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Old school creepy, apparently the guy that wrote the 50 Foot Ant cold war era creep stories kept writing and it's a whole series now.  https://www.wattpad.com/list/863820469-damned-of-the-219th-series
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
I think the story about what happened to one member who lives in Vermont
was pretty creepy and after he posted it I was in that area for work and happened
to mention that  mountain to some locals. The poster never said the location but from his story I figured out where it was from years of camping and hiking through Vermont.

They said said yeah there's something really wrong about that place and locals never camp up there .
View Quote

There's a bunch of myth and legends around the "Bennington Triangle", which centers around Glastenbury Mountain in Bennington County. A bunch of disappearances, the Bennington Monster (like Bigfoot), and the theory of a serial killer working a section of the Long Trail. When I was younger, I had heard a story of a flat rock area up on one of the mountains in that area where you just couldn't get a fire to burn, and the wind seemed to blow in every direction at once.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skopsko07734] [#43]
This happened to me about two weeks ago, it was more of a WTF moment than creepy.

A few weeks ago I woke up around two in the morning having been awakened by an unusual crinkling sound.  At first I though one of our dogs had found something to chew so I sat up in bed, mentally prepared to stop my stupid dog from eating something it should not eat, it's a dog, they do that.  I realized that the crinkling sound was coming from my bathroom so I turned my head to the right and noticed that my wife was standing in the bathroom (well illuminated by the nightlight in the bathroom) and was fumbling with something in her hands that made the crinkling noise, she stood oddly hunched over.  My wife has been very sick so I assumed that she was struggling to open one of those plastic wrapped flat packs of pills that are a complete pain in the ass to open.  

After maybe five seconds I started to ask her if she wanted my help when my wife laying next to me in our bed asked me "What is that weird noise?"  I turned to my wife in bed next to me, she was looking right at me, I stared at her for a moment and when I looked back into the bathroom there was nobody in there.  I have no idea what happened but I saw something and my wife and I both heard something.  Our home is new construction, I had it built in the middle of the woods two years ago so it has no past history.  Weird.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Skopsko07734:
This happened to me about two weeks ago, it was more of a WTF moment than creepy.

A few weeks ago I woke up around two in the morning having been awakened by an unusual crinkling sound.  At first I though one of our dogs had found something to chew so I sat up in bed, mentally prepared to stop my stupid dog from eating something it should not eat, it's a dog, they do that.  I realized that the crinkling sound was coming from my bathroom so I turned my head to the right and noticed that my wife was standing in the bathroom (well illuminated by the nightlight in the bathroom) and was fumbling with something in her hands that made the crinkling noise, she stood oddly hunched over.  My wife has been very sick so I assumed that she was struggling to open one of those plastic wrapped flat packs of pills that are a complete pain in the ass to open.  

After maybe five seconds I started to ask her if she wanted my help when my wife laying next to me in our bed asked me "What is that weird noise?"  I turned to my wife in bed next to me, she was looking right at me and I stared at her for a split second and when I looked back into the bathroom there was nobody in there.  I have no idea what happened but I saw something and my wife and I both heard something.  Our home is new construction, I had it built in the middle of the woods two years ago so it has no past history.  Weird.
View Quote

they only moved the headstones
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bogie:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:22:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pioneer1] [#46]
One thing from my youth I think about from time to time. When I was a young boy in the late 70's in the summertime every year we visited part of my family that lived in middle Florida.  

Think several houses owned by aunts, uncles, & cousins, spread out on acreage along a very rural two lane highway. Heavily wooded, with farmland, & cow pastures interspersed. We were children, and the concept of 'the boogeyman' and Bigfoot was a real fear.

Well, we had a group of 6-8 cousins within a few years of one another. We played outside the whole time we visited. We camped, we rode dirt bikes, we swam, we fished in ponds.  We played spotlight at night. We were constantly going from one house, to another.  

One night, one of the younger cousins got called back to the house he was staying at- about 3/4 mile away. No one wanted to go with him so he had to go by himself- and walk down the highway in the dark to the other house.  He was visibly scared to go, but being boys we called him a 'scaredy cat' etc, and he set off down the road. It was a dark stretch of highway. No lights, with fairly dense woods right up to the ditches.

We went back to playing until a good while later my aunt called out from the porch to us boys: 'tell Josh to git home quick- his mama's called for second time'.

We were all like, he's been gone home a while...  Well, the aunt's quickly became concerned, phone calls were made to all the houses- and no Josh. They sent the group out with a late-teens male cousin and flashlights.  

We found 'Josh' at about a little past the halfway point between houses- catatonic, laying in a fetal position in the ditch beside the road. He was sucking his thumb like a baby, eyes tightly closed, and said nothing. There were no injuries visible other than he was dirty with leaves in his hair, and a scraped elbow. He was sweating, but clammy. We ended up having to carry him the rest of the way to the house.  It was years before he told anyone what happened other than he got lightheaded and passed out.

He said shortly after getting out of sight of the house lights something in the woods was huffing and making a whistling noise- it began making footsteps, like a person pacing him as he walked, and when he began to run, he could hear grunting, deep breathing, and branches breaking. He ran, and ran, and it ran in the woods beside him becoming closer, and closer. It scared him so bad that he hyperventilated, or something, and passed out. He recalled nothing else until he woke up in his bed later.  

Was there something there that chased him? Was it fear from childhood ghost stories, and movies? Was it all in his head? It certainly changed the arc of his lifetime activities. Since that night, he was a much more somber person. I've never known of him in the 40+ years since to take part in any outdoor activities that involved walking around in the dark.

Whatever it was, almost literally scared him to death.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bogie:

YYYYEEEEP!

It's time to burn your house down and start over in another county.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By brass:

10/10 For an Awesome creepy story!  No extra words and high weirdness packed in.

Did you look in bathroom to see what the ghost was using to make the crumpling sound?  

Related - Those new foil per dose plastic wrapped things totally suck ass to open,so I can relate there.  Easier to get a knife and go around it on the top side.   Especially cold medicine, it's like they sammich them between steel cardboard and plexiglass.

View Quote
I did not recon the bathroom, I just went back to sleep thinking "Well that was weird."

Yes, that child proof packaging can be downright ridiculous at times.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Concentricity] [#50]
My wife and I bought a house and everything was normal. Kind of a big house for a couple with no kids yet.

Anyhow one of my best friends died suddenly on Valentines Day at about age 30. We were very close. I visited him usually once a week and brought my guitar to play over at his house. Most of his other friends had already wrote him off because he had a monkey on his back which ultimately killed him. I couldn’t bring him to the rifle range anymore because I couldn’t trust him to be clean. It was sad to see someone you had so much in common with whose ambitions for life had been completely overridden with addiction. He hadn’t married or had any kids. We had our first on the way. His parents found him, OD’d again but this time he was too far gone.

So we go to the oldest church around where the services were held at and then off to the cemetery. The church was a massive granite building that dates back to the early 1700’s. I had a hard time getting my wife to enter the church because she felt bad vibes at the doorway.

On the way home from the cemetery she said something has been following us since we left the church. She wasn’t superstitious at all, she wasn’t the type back then to believe in any of that. I just shrugged it off but she repeated that she had a bad feeling that we’re not alone.

The next day she says the chair downstairs next to the fireplace was found turned around and facing out the window. Plain old wood chair from an old dining room set, no caster wheels. Berber carpet under the chair. No way the chair moved without being pushed, lifted or turned. I didn’t believe it, assured her it was just her imagination.

A couple days later she said it happened again. So I start checking on the chair several times a day. The chair would be found turned around and facing out the window pretty regularly over the next couple weeks. Not every single day but enough to make you think someone is playing a joke on you. Then about once every 3-5 days my guitar would strum a note. It was on a floor stand right next to the chair. How does an acoustic guitar do that? It had a good set of .010 strings on it and was in good tune. I was trying to deny all of this was happening so I told my wife that I don’t know what to think about the chair but the guitar thing must be humidity flexing the neck of the guitar. My wife started being uncomfortable while home alone because of these two things and I’m just trying to keep her calm.

No cats, kids or dogs yet at the time. Just the two of us. House is locked up tight as a drum.

Next I spent a couple hundred bucks and installed all new door locks, unplugged the garage door openers, pinned the garage doors with welding Vise Grips, double checked all of the windows. No way anyone was getting in. 20” AR with a Samson quad rail close by.

The next morning I moved the chair back to its regular position away from the window. I checked it again after clearing the house which I did twice daily now as a new routine. I was only upstairs for a minute when I heard the guitar. I raced downstairs to find the chair moved in front of the window again, facing out. My wife was already at work and I was home alone.

This had been going on now for about 3 months and the babys due date is getting close. If this entity is some form of my dead friend, it’s time to move on and if it’s something entirely different, we’re sick of it.
I locked the guitar up in the closet under the stairs and took the chair outside and burned it on a brush pile with diesel fuel. The guitar never made a noise again while locked under the stairs.

After about 9 more years I moved the guitar out to the loft above the garage and my youngest kid plays on it with some lesson books while I work on things below. A couple more years have passed. Nothing weird has happened again. Yet.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top