[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:
haha, Fuck Mexico
View Quote

Always and forever
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Headed to Manchester this Saturday for my son's ODP team. Supposedly they are playing 3 friendlies against some British squads. Also, they are setting us up with tickets to MC (I know, I know you guys all hate them) vs Aston Villa. My son is a big MC fan ever since viewing the Netflix documentary on them a few years ago. I'll post pics when we get back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
DOS A CERO!
View Quote

Nice win and bounce back from the near disaster v Jamaica, but please, someone tell Gregg that it's not the World Cup final and as far as "three-peats", Christian Pulisic is not Michael Jordan.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Whew…..never like to concede in the first 90 seconds….but I’ll take the win and now…man….i guess we watch the slugfest and hope for a….draw?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 is better than -3 at the Etihad I guess... not sure City will see it that way though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Best possible results today
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes!

Didn't post as not to jinx it but YES!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:38:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trio] [#14]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:
+1 is better than -3 at the Etihad I guess... not sure City will see it that way though.
View Quote

Your Gunners will view this in a much more positive light, especially in light of their history over the last decade versus City, and how this match really was the beginning of the end of their title dreams last year

City will view this as almost as bad as a loss, IMO.  At home, where they have owned Arsenal in recent memory, and really everyone, to not even score feels bad.  And they still haven’t beaten the top 5

My Reds will be happiest with the result.  Arsenal’s goal differential looms large over us, so sure we would have been tied on points, but 6 goals is a lot to make up, especially the way we play football (see, as exhibit A, today’s match).  So any dropped points by Arsenal is good for us.   I think, on balance, the Gunners remaining schedule is harder than ours as well, especially with the Chanpions League matches thrown in.  So any point cushion is huge.   The same goal cushion that Arsenal enjoys over us, we both enjoy over City, which is why this is doubly disappointing for them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#15]
And holy shit what a collapse by Bayern.

Old trot about wasn't it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By trio:
Arsenal’s goal differential looms large over us, so sure we would have been tied on points, but 6 goals is a lot to make up, especially the way we play football (see, as exhibit A, today’s match).
View Quote

Hopefully they'll be back to business as usual Wednesday vs Luton and another 5, 6, or 7 nil win...

Oh wait... that was 7 goals but barely a win last time.. fortunately Rice put one in. I guess that means Luton will play a very physical game again and man on man marking, so who knows.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:47:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#17]
It's funny how some of the less heralded signings have have really been key to this race.

Endo has developed into a solid foundation to the system

MacAllister is an absolute boss in midfield. If you sleep on him he'll punish you.

Edit. Fixed Macca's name.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#18]
for the liverpool match specifically, I know he’s done more than we could ever have hoped but i thought today really illustrated how we miss TAA over Gomez playing that false midfield role   particularly with decision making toward the end of the game    there were two instances…one right at the end of regulation, one in stoppage time, where Gomez made a horrid decision that gave away possession and allowed Brighton to counter   on the second you could see VVD screaming at him so much that the US broadcast team picked up on it.  

today he was playing for Robo, and he’s a better straight defender I think that TAA playing that 2 or 3 in the 4 back, but when they move him into that false 6 like they do with Trent his defending really suffers (as does trent’s ) and he has nowhere near the passing efficiency and accuracy that TAA does  

yes i recognize that maybe 2 people in the world do   Gomez has played well, and deserved his most recent cap for England  

i’m just saying it could be all the better with TAA back as a false 6, especially as much as Endo has matured as the actual 6 to defend and compensate for some of TAA’s defensive deficiencies when he takes on that role

with Robo hurt and Bradley playing so well, I wonder if Klopp will consider playing TAA or Bradley at the 2 so i you can have them both on the pitch at the same time?   not either’s natural position….but i think if i had to choose 2 of 3 between TAA, Bradley and Gomez Im taking Bradley and TAA

still have a little while before we have to answer it   from the post match press conference it sounds like Curtis Jones is the only one that will be back for Sheffield United on Thursday    i feel badly for him  he was really to form before his injury, but there is no way you can mess with the chemistry you have going between Maca, Endo, and Szobezlai right now
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mp40Gunner] [#19]
Well Saarbrucken's fairytale Pokal run ended today after defeat to 'Lautern.

Also big DFB news, after a 70+ year run as kit supplier, Adidas has been replaced by Nike as the official brand for all DFB clothing starting in 2027. It's quite the controversy in Germany.

And this doesn't help either, who's buying one?!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mp40Gunner:

Also big DFB news, after a 70+ year run as kit supplier, Adidas has been replaced by Nike as the official brand for all DFB clothing starting in 2027. It's quite the controversy in Germany.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404773/9049C9BE-7F76-48F3-ACA7-2A56ACA14998_jpe-3176671.JPG
View Quote

Lol, sold!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mp40Gunner] [#21]
Unless Dusseldorf can come up with a miracle, it looks like the Pokal final is Leverkusen v Kaiserslautern.
Lautern are currently fighting relegation in 2. BuLi. In 1996, they won the Pokal and were also relegated from the Bundesliga. We'll see what happens this time, although it's going to be a mighty task beating undefeated Leverkusen.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#22]
In 1996, they won the Pokal and were also relegated from the Bundesliga.
View Quote

Sounds just like Wigan in 2013. They beat Man City to win the FA Cup but lost their last league match to Arsenal to get relegated.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Reds win but the end of the Chelsea - ManU game was completely nuts. Two Cole Palmer goals in 80 seconds steal it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Wild day.  

Good results though
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
Wild day.  

Good results though
View Quote

Definitely. Mc Allister has been a great signing
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]
i’m on an airplane to LAX and got the stink eye from the flight attendant because they told us to go to airplane mode when Chelsea was awarded the penalty

man, i’m glad i waited 5 minutes (the airplane didn’t move anyway)

what a wild finish

we need to be better on Sunday than we were today  but a win is a win

YNWA
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Definitely. Mc Allister has been a great signing
View Quote

He would have had 2 goals if not for that tiny deflection from the wall on his free kick.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Blackmore:

He would have had 2 goals if not for that tiny deflection from the wall on his free kick.
View Quote

Seriously.

What a fucking banger the goal was.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Yeah...

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Seriously.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blackmore:

Seriously.

I would have to concur...
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404773/9049C9BE-7F76-48F3-ACA7-2A56ACA14998_jpe-3176671.JPG
View Quote

They banned 44... 88 is probably available though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Cant remember, but think 88 has already been specifically banned under their anti nazi laws for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Cant remember, but think 88 has already been specifically banned under their anti nazi laws for a long time.
View All Quotes

Lol, ze fucking Germans have no sense of humor

(I’m a descendant of a Bavarian who fled the 1848 revolutions)
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#35]

How many times has he said this or something similar after a match? Completely desperate and delusional now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Looks like they aren't selling any personalized Germany shirts until they sort out their font issue.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Oooooh so close... City still didn't make it to the top. Attachment Attached File

Any arsenal fans? Fanatics currently have the authentic away jerseys reduced to $50 from $150 with free shipping.

https://www.fanatics.com/premier-league/arsenal/arsenal-adidas-2023/24-away-authentic-patch-jersey-yellow/o-21752617+t-70302370+p-13332043967+z-9-3548836312?

Replica version is reduced too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Calvert-Lewin scored a near duplicate of Darwin's clearance block goal last week for Everton's winner today. Up to 15th for now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#39]
I was out for lunch yesterday and was accosted by one of the staff, who obviously noticed the arsenal jersey and me watching the game, who indicated he would be a man u fan today...
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Erghhhh
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Well that was unforseen...
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Did Ten Hag whinge in his post-match about the penalty Salah converted for the draw?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:41:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mp40Gunner] [#43]
Heck of an Old Firm match yesterday. At least Rangers tied it. Hate to lose to Celtic at Ibrox.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got back from a week long trip to England and saw 2 matches. One was League 2 (Doncaster vs Wrexham) and one was PL (MC vs AV). Will post more as I have time. My son got a pic with Paul Mullin after the match, my son said Mullin was understandably not in the best of moods after losing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:
My son got a pic with Paul Mullin after the match, my son said Mullin was understandably not in the best of moods after losing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50388/paul_mullin_jpg-3181887.JPG
View Quote

Currently in second and will probably be promoted. Interestingly, the League 2 promotion rules are a little different in that a fourth team is promoted through a 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th playoff.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Heck of an Old Firm match yesterday. At least Rangers tied it. Hate to lose to Celtic at Ibrox.
View Quote

Top of the league with a game in hand Wednesday against Dundee... hopefully, even though the pitch will be like a waterlogged ploughed field, they come away with another 3 points to create a cushion.

The title might all come down to the next old firm match at Parkhead after the break.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Champions League!

And Kate!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#48]
chiming in to say COYS!

and this Arsenal v Munich game has been fun.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By superspud:
chiming in to say COYS!

and this Arsenal v Munich game has been fun.
View Quote

Definitely a fun watch
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Champions’ League

Spain: Two wins & a draw

England: Two draws

Germany: Draw & a loss

France: Loss
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top