Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

Yes she does!
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ace-16.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lol!

Well, page 20 and my mind.

Truthfully, I feel really bad posting her pictures without her permission and I'm likely going to take them down sooner than later. The ones I've kept up are innocent enough, but I still feel like a jerk for it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
By the way. I went in for an imaging appointment today so that they could do an ultrasound of my carotid arteries and the small talk with the lady doing the ultrasound actually went very well. I felt pretty comfortable talking to her... But she was in her late 50s or possibly 60s, so there was no potential for romance there.
View Quote
never say never.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
never say never.
View All Quotes
By the way. I went in for an imaging appointment today so that they could do an ultrasound of my carotid arteries and the small talk with the lady doing the ultrasound actually went very well. I felt pretty comfortable talking to her... But she was in her late 50s or possibly 60s, so there was no potential for romance there.
never say never.

No, it's a never from me. Not sure I'd consider dating any woman that is even so much as one year older. One year younger or around up to the same age exactly would be as old as I'm willing to go.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]

No, it's a never from me. Not sure I'd consider dating any woman that is even so much as one year older. One year younger or around up to the same age exactly would be as old as I'm willing to go.
View Quote
can you really afford to be that picky at this point?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes

I believe I've already answered yes to that question.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
i submit that you cannot, good sir.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Back in my day (boomer wanna be)
We had this thing called slump-buster.
An older gal is not a bad thing, she might bust more than your slump
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rtlm:

View Quote
alternatively my main man cliff556 might bust granny's hip whilst laying some pipe.

"i've fallen and i can't get up"
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Cliff556 Plumbing Inc

"Layin' Pipe Since 2024"
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#12]
View All Quotes

Well I think that's safely the majority opinion for most that have read through all this. But I've made my peace with it before I ever got to this point... Really I kinda had to.

I may or may not try to get some kind of closure over Nicole by going through her Mom with a message, but it might just be better to leave things as they are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#13]
alternatively my main man cliff556 might bust granny's hip whilst laying some pipe.

View All Quotes

Cliff556 Plumbing Inc

"Layin' Pipe Since 2024"

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

I think I've heard that somewhere before (everyone I work around is older). Though I much rather be in a slump than be into grannies.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
you can put me down for a Cliff556 Plumbing Inc t-shirt.

"Layin' Pipe Since 2024"

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#17]

I think I've heard that somewhere before (everyone I work around is older). Though I much rather be in a slump than be into grannies.
View Quote
one of my general foremen is into bangin' hoors (allegedly in minecraft and all that).

the quantity and quality of hot young ass that one can (allegedly in minecraft of course) rent for $400/hr and up is simply staggering.

sandy eggo has epic hookers (allegedly in minecraft and all that).

and that's all i have to say about dat (allegedly in minecraft of course).
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

We've all banged chicks we're not proud of.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Not for many years but yes we all have. I’m kinda picky now. My ex is a fucken smoke show. I got spoiled.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#20]
one of my general foremen is into bangin' hoors (allegedly in minecraft and all that).

the quantity and quality of hot young ass that one can (allegedly in minecraft of course) rent for $400/hr and up is simply staggering.

View Quote

Welp there goes my 1st qtr bonus
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Welp there goes my 1st qtr bonus
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#22]
Denverdan I drunkenly signed up for Broncos season tickets in 2007 (was born in CO but didn't live there long)

Just got an email I'm up, obviously I still live in VA. Think I could make my money back selling the tickets?

For further reference I am of the mind you do not get to pick your team. If you're born in Cincinnati you're a Bengals fan, sorry.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#23]

"Layin' Pipe Since 2024"
View All Quotes

"Layin' Pipe Since 2024"

As catchy as that is as a slogan I never saw myself getting into the t-shirt business.

Now don't make me have to go off on a very small Minecraft tangent... The popularity of which I cannot understand as someone who grew up with real video games.

Tangent over.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

I did at least have this assumption that most guys probably have. I've always known I'm in a very small minority of guys that haven't... And then in an even smaller minority of guys that have never done it with anyone.

No one has to worry though, I won't be lowering my standards.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Denverdan I drunkenly signed up for Broncos season tickets in 2007 (was born in CO but didn't live there long)

Just got an email I'm up, obviously I still live in VA. Think I could make my money back selling the tickets?

For further reference I am of the mind you do not get to pick your team. If you're born in Cincinnati you're a Bengals fan, sorry.
View Quote

You could absolutely make your money back. Probably make a profit actually. Especially this year with a new QB and all. I’d probably be in for a game or two even.
How many seats and what section?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

You could absolutely make your money back. Probably make a profit actually. Especially this year with a new QB and all. I’d probably be in for a game or two even.
View All Quotes

My selection is on Monday, it's first come first serve.

The thing is the world was different in 2007 but after 17 years I kinda feel like I should just because fuck bro why not fuck it who cares you waited 17 years
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I did at least have this assumption that most guys probably have.
View All Quotes
I did at least have this assumption that most guys probably have.

Men generally say they don't understand women. In regards to things like this, I don't even understand my fellow men.

I've always known I'm in a very small minority of guys that haven't... And then in an even smaller minority of guys that have never done it with anyone.

A minority, but not alone.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:43:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#28]
I haven't watched football or even paid attention to it for YEARS. Not just GD stuff about the libtard shit, I was butthurt they kept making it more gay.

You can't hit the QB. We're moving up the kickoff point. You can't murder someone anymore.

When I stopped watching was slightly earlier than the libtard stuff. I was against all the player safety honestly. Dude I want to watch million dollar peak athletes try to kill each other.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#29]
Go Seahawks!

Picture removed by me.

Sorry, couldn't stop her from chiming in. And she owns this page, so...

I'm not into sports.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]

The thing is the world was different in 2007 but after 17 years I kinda feel like I should just because fuck bro why not fuck it who cares you waited 17 years
View All Quotes

If you can afford it I fail to see a downside my man. Shit you could fly on in and we could meet up for a game. Make it super fun and go to the Raiders game.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:05:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#31]
Originally Posted By Walkure:
Men generally say they don't understand women. In regards to things like this, I don't even understand my fellow men.
View All Quotes

Same, same... I don't have nearly anything in common with 99% of the guys I've ever been around. Especially on topics like this. And it's not that I'm an effeminate guy (as evidenced by my manly digging picture I posted way back in the thread ). We're just wired different, but it doesn't make you any quick friends with other guys. Personally I've always been okay with that though. Because why would you want to hang out with people that you have almost nothing in common with?

I know that I definitely prefer the presence of women over men in every context, so if I was just looking for a friend then I'd probably be trying to befriend a woman. But then again it would be very hard for me to have a woman as just a friend, because if I liked her enough to want her as a friend then other feelings would follow along with it... Just no way around it.

A minority, but not alone.

And I'm glad to not be alone! Though I wish we could all find who we're supposed to be with.

Now I'm going to go cry my eyes out while listing to "Better Now" by Post Malone.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#32]

If you can afford it I fail to see a downside my man. Shit you could fly on in and we could meet up for a game. Make it super fun and go to the Raiders game.
View All Quotes

Funny thing. I just told you I haven't watched football in years.

I STILL FUCKING HATE THE RAIDERS
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Well I think that's safely the majority opinion for most that have read through all this. But I've made my peace with it before I ever got to this point... Really I kinda had to.

I may or my not try to get some kind of closure over Nicole by going through her Mom with a message, but it might just be better to leave things as they are.
View Quote

Might never got a damn thing done
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:00:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#34]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

View All Quotes

I may or may not try to get some kind of closure over Nicole by going through her Mom with a message, but it might just be better to leave things as they are.

You're not wrong, but I haven't figured out what I'd end up achieving by reaching out to Nicole through her Mom. I believe Nicole has moved on, but I don't really know... If she hasn't, I don't know what the effect of talking to her about any of my feelings would be on her. I do care about her feelings and wouldn't want to hurt her. It's not like I'd be reaching out to her to ask her on a date. Her kids are almost teenagers by this point and I have no idea if she's found another guy. By now she likely has and I'd hate to disturb any life she may have made for herself.

I figure if she eventually became pissed off at me years ago for not getting in touch with her after plenty of signals and opportunities to do so, that making contact with her now would just piss her off more... Or she has the same buried feelings as I do and might be happy to hear from me at the very least. But the fact that she never reached out to me over the last 30 years kinda tells me to just let it go.

I'm still considering it, but I'd really need to put a lot of thought into how I'd approach any message I might write out to her... And then who knows if her Mom would actually pass it on to her. It's just a very, very slim chance of anything good being the result of making contact.

Of course I'm prone to overthinking these kinds of things, but this is a tough one. I know she loved me by the last time we saw each other when she was 10 or 11, and I know she still had to have feelings for me into her early teenage years. But it's been silence for a long time now... Except for her Mom asking if I was still available (half jokingly) 9 or 10 years ago right after her divorce.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:12:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Of course I'm prone to overthinking these kinds of things, but this is a tough one. I know she loved me by the last time we saw each other when she was 10 or 11, and I know she still had to have feelings for me into her early teenage years. But it's been silence for a long time now... Except for her Mom asking if I was still available (half jokingly) 9 or 10 years ago right after her divorce.
View Quote

That aint no shit.

If it's that big of a deal, then contact her.
Some old memories are best left as memories, but you'll never know unless you ask.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#36]

You're not wrong, but I haven't figured out what I'd end up achieving by reaching out to Nicole through her Mom. I believe Nicole has moved on, but I don't really know... If she hasn't, I don't know what the effect of talking to her about any of my feelings would be on her. I do care about her feelings and wouldn't want to hurt her. It's not like I'd be reaching out to her to ask her on a date. Her kids are almost teenagers by this point and I have no idea if she's found another guy. By now she likely has and I'd hate to disturb any life she may have made for herself.

I figure if she eventually became pissed off at me years ago for not getting in touch with her after plenty of signals and opportunities to do so, that making contact with her now would just piss her off more... Or she has the same buried feelings as I do and might be happy to hear from me at the very least. But the fact that she never reached out to me over the last 30 years kinda tells me to just let it go.

I'm still considering it, but I'd really need to put a lot of thought into how I'd approach any message I might write out to her... And then who knows if her Mom would actually pass it on to her. It's just a very, very slim chance of anything good being the result of making contact.

View All Quotes

IMO, life's too short to not know. I know if I ever see Gena again I'd have to approach her even though I suspect she probably wouldn't be too happy to see me. But at least then I'd know for sure, and I could honestly say I tried.

I think you should do the same.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Not for nothing, but 556Cliff, my brother in relational dissatisfaction, you don't need it badly enough to do this.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#38]

That aint no shit.

Some old memories are best left as memories, but you'll never know unless you ask.
View All Quotes

That aint no shit.

I just wonder if I'd be better off to let it go, but then again it's always going to be a nagging feeling in me if I do.

I'll figure it out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:01:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#39]

IMO, life's too short to not know. I know if I ever see Gena again I'd have to approach her even though I suspect she probably wouldn't be too happy to see me. But at least then I'd know for sure, and I could honestly say I tried.

View All Quotes

And you know, if I ever crossed paths with Nicole while out shopping, or just out in public at some point (as long as she was by herself) she probably wouldn't recognize me, but I'd have to go talk to her. I don't know if I could get very deep in conversation, but I'd at least have to say "hi" and ask her how her life has been going.

If I sent a message I could open up more and get deeper into my feelings about things. But it's kind of a lot coming out of nowhere.

As I mentioned though, I'll figure it out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#40]

I just wonder if I'd be better off to let it go, but then again it's always going to be a nagging feeling in me if I do.

I'll figure it out.
View Quote

Just do it
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:
Not for nothing, but 556Cliff, my brother in relational dissatisfaction, you don't need it badly enough to do this.
View Quote

Haha! No, I won't be going to Russia. If I ever get out of Washington to a free state it will be a miracle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Just do it
View All Quotes

I'll figure it out.

Just do it

87% chance... I won't say which way that's leaning at the moment. I'm the only one who has to live with whatever decision I make and I can change my mind at any time about it as long as me and her are still both around for a few more years.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, guess I'm not totally sure what happened, but it's like a switch got flipped: now she's putting way more effort into our communications, messages are way longer and more detailed, and she's telling me a little more stuff about herself. Did I pass a test or something? Feels like it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, guess I'm not totally sure what happened, but it's like a switch got flipped: now she's putting way more effort into our communications, messages are way longer and more detailed, and she's telling me a little more stuff about herself. Did I pass a test or something? Feels like it.
View Quote

Yeah probably. You can speak woman but you'll never be fluent, it's too difficult a native tongue to master.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Yeah probably. You can speak woman but you'll never be fluent, it's too difficult a native tongue to master.
View All Quotes

Or maybe (and it might be a stretch to believe it), she was actually just really busy with work like she was saying.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#46]
Nicole is getting ready to depart the thread.

Picture removed by me.

Picture removed by me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Or maybe (and it might be a stretch to believe it), she was actually just really busy with work like she was saying.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Maybe I was right about her non-response being a test. Waited like 4 days and told her "if you're not comfortable exchanging numbers right now, it's cool. Just thought it would be easier to communicate that way." Then she did the whole "I'm sorry, I was busy yada yada yada. Yeah, it feels a bit early for that." So I said "it's cool, it's not like we really know each other, so I understand. How about you let me know when a weekend works for you to meet up, until then let's just talk." "Sounds good!" Then boom, she opens right up.

Feel like I did something right for once lol. I shall still contain my excitement until something substantial happens. But when women actually give me a chance they usually end up liking me. Even Gena went from "no way" to "hmmm, maybe we should" and her friends teasing her about me after getting some 1 on 1 time driving me to school.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Yes, it is a stretch considering I can see the little green dot that shows when she's logged in, and she was logged in plenty over those few days.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

https://images7.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED829/64ed5a8842416.jpeg

It might be how it is, though I would have no idea if that’s how they actually communicate.
Page / 25
Top Top