Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
On an Iphone you set it so all calls not from your contact list go immediately to VM, phone doesn't even ring. Delete VM without listening.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Turn off the voicemail and then block the number.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

Can't be done, she can still call and leave messages.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JimEb:
Just block the number on her phone

Can't be done, she can still call and leave messages.

Delete the messages without listening to them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If she's mentally ill,  she's not going to comply with a court order.
OP,  you know what to do.

In minecraft.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]

No, Android.

The aunt is mentally ill.  She's going on about the ashes of their dead mother which the aunt has in her possession.  No, no inheritance.  This woman is just a wacko.
View Quote

send her a box of campfire ashes and say "here it's your ghost problem now!" :)
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]

CL ad for an old F150 for $3500.  List crazy aunt’s number and say “I work 3rd shift. Please call between 2 - 6am”.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoRdErBaCoN:
Write her # all over bathroom stalls - so she'll be too busy answering calls to make calls?

CL ad for an old F150 for $3500.  List crazy aunt’s number and say “I work 3rd shift. Please call between 2 - 6am”.

Free urn. Must take ashes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Im not sure what you have going on but blocking someone is pretty easy on an android....

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

More ashes obviously...
View Quote

Buy a thrift store urn and get some ashes. Ship them to her. Problem staying solved.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Each state has their own version of a no contact order.  You'll need lots of documentation of harassment (voice recordings help), documentation that you requested no contact, some sort of confirmation that the message was received, and a lawyer in each jurisdiction to help you through the paperwork and court system.

Even then, it's a civil matter, and if you win, it's just a piece of paper. Getting enforcement against a mentally ill elderly relative will be difficult.

I went through similar issues about 10 years ago with a stalker, and both my VA and PA lawyers advised not going through with it.  I didn't end up pursuing the court orders, and got resolution through other (legal) means.

Info on VA orders.

Info on PA orders.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
From a practical stand point the police probably won't take the case because they'd have to drive to the other state to get the defendant and bring her back.
View Quote

Assuming the restraining order was granted and then violated, the violation would most likely be a misdemeanor.

My local SAO would pursue an arrest warrant be issued for the violation but there would be no out-of-state extradition authorized, so unless she returned to the issuing state she would never be arrested for it and the case would never be closed.

As soon as they discovered the aunt was mentally ill, they would drop the case like a hot potato.  They would see absolutely no value in prosecuting a person that was likely to be found unfit to stand trial when the offense was so minor.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top