Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HDLS:
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:
What makes you think it was made in America? my 43X was manufactured in Austria (pretty sure but will double check when i get home

I love my 43X

put it with the S15 mag and i have an unknown number of rounds through it without any hiccup

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphy__3_-1051.gif

And I stood up right then and there and told that teachin' lady the only letters I needed to know were U S A!

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Reddtv:
Looks good. Carry it and shoot it. I like FDE color.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
not loving that

you live and learn

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bravo5two:
Someone wanted to be the new version of Scaramanga?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27381/man_w_golden_gun_jpg-3209462.JPG
View Quote

Exactly what I came here to say.  Looks like a villain’s gun from a James Bond movie.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HDLS:
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:
What makes you think it was made in America? my 43X was manufactured in Austria (pretty sure but will double check when i get home

I love my 43X

put it with the S15 mag and i have an unknown number of rounds through it without any hiccup

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphy__3_-1051.gif

I say that because mine says the same thing, but i emailed glock to get a born on date and they gave me the date and that it was built in Austria
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:19:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#7]
Looks like whoever coated it did a nice enough job. The color isnt my style, but whatever, do you as long as you like it. I say shoot it and carry it. It's a Glock, not some namby pamby show piece. It's a tool.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow.. That's pretty bad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Not seeing an issue. If you like how it shoots, keep it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HemiPowrd:

View Quote

Or have a sidekick midget?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't feel bad, OP. I bought a MAC-10. Have you ever shot a MAC? Ugh.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:38:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov] [#12]
There is no difference in quality between the “Austria” and “USA” manufactured Glocks. None what so ever.

That paint job makes me think you have a problem with them bitches holding your money. I’d look at this as an opportunity to do some wacky paint scheme, just for shits and giggles. Maybe a rattlecan snake-skin finish.

As far as buyers remorse, yes, my Benelli M4. I purchased a brand new, all factory LE model and I paid big for it. The gun suffers an average 2% failure to fire rate. Nobody at Benelli seems to give a shit. I’ve had “top men” look at it and nobody can figure out what exactly is wrong. This happens across a wide variety of ammunition.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

I couldn't find another one like it online...also from what I've researched the Glock 19x is the only factory painted gun
View Quote

19x isn’t painted, it’s brown plastic.

They made a mini 19x.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:40:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fat_McNasty] [#14]
get it refinished!

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Glock has been assembling their guns for the US market in the US for literally decades now.
Lots of non-Glock finishes being applied by wholesalers and others.
View Quote

As I understood it, most US made Glocks were made to be sold overseas because of dumb Austrian export laws. Most Glocks sold here are made in Austria. The nazi place, not kangaroo place
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh, I like the pistol OP.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#18]

This!      Spray it through fishnet and make a cool pattern.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Being a Glock, it was gonna be ugly. It's a great CC gun, just don't look at it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#20]

I should have taken the picture without flash it looks moreso like it

View Quote

This looks significantly better to my eye than the pic in OP.

Does it have a texture to it, or was that just an effect of the flash in the first pic?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Not the color I'd choose but I bet it shoots good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I like it. I'll give you $275.00 for it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By IT_Cowboy:
It is kind of pimp
View Quote

It's ghetto-tastic. Nasty looking gun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#24]
To complete it you really need to get out the old dremel and stipple the pistol grip. You'll be a real playa then.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#25]
My condolences
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Glock has been assembling their guns for the US market in the US for literally decades now.
View Quote

This.

Welcome back to the future OP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah that is ridiculous for a tool.

Plus my blue label 43X was $348, my 43X MOS $398….

That isn’t a $212 paint job for me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#28]

It kind of does

I should have taken the picture without flash it looks moreso like it

https://i.postimg.cc/CxJYRq2K/20240509-010031.jpg
View Quote

I think it looks great and I didn’t realize lots of folks don’t like FDE pistols.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SgtThump:

I think it looks great and I didn’t realize lots of folks don’t like FDE pistols.
View Quote

Oh I agree it does look good.  But not enough for a 61% price increase over a basic one.  Plus it isn’t even an MOS version- anyone buying a Glock these days should probably spend the extra now for the MOS version, in anticipation of going to a red dot eventually, either because you want to, or because you have to as age catches up to you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Alright, so who has that meme pic of the butchered golden Glock from armslist?       I looked, but couldn’t find it.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like the finish was done well. There's some dude in NC IIRC who does a ton of those for distributors, heard him on a podcast or two. He's a legit gun guy.

I prefer dark non reflective finishes on guns I carry. I had a 43 with the same finish, it is kind of goldish on the slide. I sold it, I like my 42 but not the 43.

Put some good sights on it, shoot it and carry it. Get someone to make you a matching holster. Be the man with the golden gun.

Or you could give it the guy here who turned a Tristar Browning clone into a Gucci-ed out piece complete with a Brownells dickbutt engraving. He could make a masterpiece...
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Variety is the spice of life, etc.  It's fine.  Enjoy it in good health!

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Roger Moore had some swollen/puffy hands!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By chase45:
I have remorse for you after seeing that

It looks like they did a good job atleast
View Quote

lol, fpni
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#36]
If you shoot it enough the flexing from the frame will will cause the cerakote to flake off.  I've seen it lots from people wanting to trade them in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I saw a 19x that exact color that had been ceracoted.  Maybe if it had
Flames painted on the sides.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#38]
My regret if I bought that is that it's not optic cut.  Why would you buy a semi auto in this day and age and it not be optics ready?  
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
I have a handful of Glocks. Only my 43 is marked USA. All the others have Austria on the slide and frame.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#40]
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:

Glock doesn't do "factory painted" guns. All Glock frames are molded in plastic that is that actual color, it's not just paint over a standard black frame. And they only offer a pretty limited selection of standard colors as far as I've ever seen. Black, tan, I think there was a brown, OD green, field green? pretty sure there are 2 greens, gray, blue and red for training models that could be converted to live firing frames with some parts swapping if you can get one, and I think a few rare clear ones for display/armorer training models that I imagine could also be converted to live fire if you really wanted to and could find one. Same with their slides, the few colored slide options they offer are a PVD finish of the appropriate color. If you were to scratch that finish, it would be just the silver steel underneath. If you scratch your slide, it will be the original black finish under the paint. Same with your frame.
That's the thing I don't like about Ceracoated polymer guns. Once it starts to wear, the black finish showing through ends up looking really cheap and cheesy. The "finish" on a factory frame never wears since it's just the same color all the way through the plastic no matter how deep you scratch it. And they don't generally color match so perfectly between the slide and frame.

So if it's some weird color and it's perfectly matched across the whole gun, pretty safe bet it's some 3rd party "custom" Ceracote job. Nothing wrong with it. If you're fine with Ceracote and like the color, enjoy. I don't care for it though.

When in doubt always double check the SKU#. GlockStore is usually pretty good at showing all the factory options and their SKUs to compare against.
View Quote

HK doesn’t either, nor do they plate.  I believe Arizona Response Systems is the authorized finisher for HK

I think Lipsey’s (distributor) is Glock’s authorized dealer for limited edition finished Glocks. They do a run of ceracoated guns and sell em.

US Glocks have been made in Georgia for a long time.  I had a 17 that had the slide and barrel made in Austria and the frame in Georgia, early production with matching serials.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#41]
that is hideous

I'd use it though...at least get the slide cera-coated black or something
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Reddtv:
Looks good. Carry it and shoot it. I like FDE color.
View Quote

I like FDE also. That's metallic gold though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By colklink:

As I understood it, most US made Glocks were made to be sold overseas because of dumb Austrian export laws. Most Glocks sold here are made in Austria. The nazi place, not kangaroo place
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colklink:

Let it go.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I had a 43. Never did like it or any mini glock.  Sold to a cop for a backup gun. 48 is smallest ill go.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I can say that I honestly had never shot any Glock and might have only picked up 1 or 2 until about 3 years ago. Started with a G19 as my first. Was a decent pistol and I could acquire target and be pretty fast while being accurate. So now that I was interested then I now need a daily carry for year round and decide to try the 43x after reading every word on the Glock page. I now own more than 1 and it is The most accurate pistol that I have ever shot. Now I am Not saying it is the best, or most accurate pistol out there. What I am saying is that I can shoot it like I am pointing my finger. Plus be fast on draw and accurate on target. So in conclusion I say that the model is actually a great platform.....for me. But that color is U G L Y, and you ain't got no alibi
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#47]
At least it isn't Hot Pink.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#48]
All it needs now is a mother of pearl grip sleeve.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By chase45:
I have remorse for you after seeing that

It looks like they did a good job atleast
View Quote

I’m simple with simple tastes.

Factory black is good enough for me. Don’t even own or like two-tone guns.

I will never own a chrome or nickel gun.

I did hydro dip a black plastic stock on a Savage hunting rifle with a pleasing set of browns.  Might eventually have the action (stainless) cerecoated in a low glare brown.

You’re shiny glock makes me .

I have buyers remorse for you….
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Put some pinstripes on it and it would look like an Olds Cutlass I had in High School.
Page / 3
Top Top