Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Better tuck that in. Gonna get it caught on a trip wire.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By shack357:
Why do they have to keep recasting traditionally white characters as black? Why not make new characters, amd cast THOSE as black?

All they're doing when they recast, is telling black people they can have characters but they're not good enough to have "their own" characters.
View Quote
There are some beautiful women who are black. I try to be kind to everyone but the pictures are not very flattering of Juliette. I have seen genuine drag queens more feminine. This makes me think they're up to something.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:
There are plenty of attractive black actresses, 'she' is not one of them.
View Quote

Yeah like they could have got Nathalie Emmanuel.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:09:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#4]
Originally Posted By LordEC911:

Remake the 1996 version. Location in Baltimore rather than LA.
All black cast. Then they can blame all the white people for not seeing a "black" movie again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LordEC911:
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
They should have called it Ghetto-Land Story. It could have been marketed as "Original" https://i.imgur.com/pNXvWz4.gif

Remake the 1996 version. Location in Baltimore rather than LA.
All black cast. Then they can blame all the white people for not seeing a "black" movie again.
You might be on to something but only if they translate the dialog into B-More Corner speak.

There is just something so wrong with Shakespearean English in modern settings. I could not stand the DiCaprio version of Romeo and Juliet or The Captain Picard version of Macbeth.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:12:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#5]
Originally Posted By pavil58ar:
People can vote with their wallets. No like, no pay to watch. Pretty straightforward.
View Quote

Not sure how many runs of this they've done there, but this is likely a "no publicity is bad publicity" game.

Woke culture in London is pretty entrenched. Among the theater going crowd? Probably off the charts. I doubt any backlash from normies will have any impact.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cavedog:
But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the one ugly mutha fucka
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fiyero] [#8]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Millions of actually beautiful black women on the planet...and yet.
View Quote

Yeah like his actual girlfriend

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

Well, because OBVIOUSLY Shakespeare was a RACIST WHITE MAN and it isn't fair that his plays are popular. And when everyone watches his plays, they DESERVE to "see themselves" in the art!  

Because art isn't about being beautiful! Art is about being able to project yourself into it!

orsomereallystupidshitlikethat
View Quote

That part reminds me of when the architects I worked for would do houses.

Invariably, we'd get to the kitchen and the wife was unable to visualize the fucking cabinet doors.

Every. Fucking. Time.

The cabinet structure, spacing and function could remain the same, but they just couldn't visualize what it'd look like with different doors.

I'd wind up drawing 15 different versions of the GD kitchen cabinet doors and trim profiles clearly noted so they could look them up in the book, and without fucking fail, we'd be getting ready for the final submission and the bitch would walk into the meeting with a fucking magazine and go Oh what would it look like with these doors?

When the bill came due, again without fail, the husband would call us bitching about how high the bill was and we'd have to explain to him, yet again, we don't fucking work for free and his wife wanted 15 fucking versions of the cabinets because she couldn't visualize them.

To whit her replay was always, I thought the price included revisions?

And we would show her the e-mails where she acknowledged that two revisions were included in the price, not fifteen.

The husband would then bitch at us and swear he didn't know his wife was doing that and we should have told him because he was the one writing the check!

And we'd show him the e-mails where we told him it was happening. You know the e-mails he never fucking responded to because he never fucking read them because he was soooooooo happy his wife was bothering someone else with her non-visualization bullshit.

I loved my job but GD I hated doing houses. I am so glad I'm retired now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By phatmax:
Originally Posted By SeanTX:
Juliettavious

Jules

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38726/1000010927_jpg-3217619.JPG

OMG
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Which one is which?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish I knew absolutely anything about photoshop...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Why not use his actual woman?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOTHERmaninblack] [#14]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Invariably, we'd get to the kitchen and the wife was unable to visualize the fucking cabinet doors.

Every. Fucking. Time.

The cabinet structure, spacing and function could remain the same, but they just couldn't visualize what it'd look like with different doors.

I'd wind up drawing 15 different versions of the GD kitchen cabinet doors and trim profiles clearly noted so they could look them up in the book, and without fucking fail, we'd be getting ready for the final submission and the bitch would walk into the meeting with a fucking magazine and go Oh what would it look like with these doors?

When the bill came due, again without fail, the husband would call us bitching about how high the bill was and we'd have to explain to him, yet again, we don't fucking work for free and his wife wanted 15 fucking versions of the cabinets because she couldn't visualize them.

And we would show her the e-mails where she acknowledged that two revisions were included in the price, not fifteen.

The husband would then bitch at us and swear he didn't know his wife was doing that and we should have told him because he was the one writing the check!

And we'd show him the e-mails where we told him it was happening. You know the e-mails he never fucking responded to because he never fucking read them because he was soooooooo happy his wife was bothering someone else with her non-visualization bullshit.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

Well, because OBVIOUSLY Shakespeare was a RACIST WHITE MAN and it isn't fair that his plays are popular. And when everyone watches his plays, they DESERVE to "see themselves" in the art!  

Because art isn't about being beautiful! Art is about being able to project yourself into it!

orsomereallystupidshitlikethat

Every. Fucking. Time.

I remember painting a brand new house interior 4 times in a row (fresh out of the army, working for a house painter) We'd use the wife's chips, prime and paint. Just as we'd be finishing, she'd come in and say, "no, that isn't right," and have us redo the whole thing in a different color that wasn't even close to the previous one. Rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:57:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45-Seventy] [#15]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Millions of actually beautiful black women on the planet...and yet.
View Quote

That.  The fact that she’s black doesn’t matter. I’m all about attractive black women.

But she’s an ugly woman.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I bet this is going to be a blockbuster. Better show up early to get in line.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By NVCapCop:
Why not use his actual woman?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/130695/IMG_2045_jpeg-3217913.JPG
View Quote

Her career is skyrocketing, Holland seems content to do the London thing, likely isn't having as many roles thrown at him anyway. Besides, Dune part 3 hasn't even started filming, she's probably under contractual obligations not to commit to something like that.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By nvroundman:
That is an ugly dude
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kits4:
I bet this is going to be a blockbuster. Better show up early to get in line.
View Quote

People will see it just to see Tom Holland. The Spider Man movies made him a household name, The rest of the cast is probably irrelevant. Add to that the woke proclivities of the London theater set and how controversy sells in general, and it will likely do better than previous iterations.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Romeo and Juliette - beastiality version.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NVCapCop] [#22]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

Yeah like they could have got Nathalie Emmanuel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/80518/1000011479_jpg-3217862.JPG

View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

One other thing that stands out to me:
Juliet in 1968: 15 years old
Juliet in 1996: 17 years old
Juliet in 2013: 17 years old
Juliet in 2023: 27 years old
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3615_jpeg-3217604.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3618_jpeg-3217610.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3616_jpeg-3217606.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3617_jpeg-3217607.JPG

The Internet hasn’t been quiet since Francesca Amewudah-Rivers was cast alongside Tom Holland in an upcoming Romeo & Juliet.

Amewudah-Rivers was announced as the show’s Juliet in March, one month after it was revealed Holland, 27, was going to be starring in the William Shakespeare play.

Trolls took to Amewudah-Rivers’ Instagram page to antagonize her. The bullying toward the Black actress was so bad that the official Romeo & Juliet Instagram page has turned off comments.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3619_jpeg-3217611.JPG

One other thing that stands out to me:
Juliet in 1968: 15 years old
Juliet in 1996: 17 years old
Juliet in 2013: 17 years old
Juliet in 2023: 27 years old

Yeah, they’re supposed to be like 15 and 12, why the fuck are they in their 30s now lol?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:26:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Dano523:
Still waiting to see how they will get the gay angle into the movie,
and would have though that they would have went with Hunter Schafer as Joliet isntead.
View Quote

Movie?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:27:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I wanna see Dylan Mulvaney star in a Roots remake.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:45:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm fairly certain all this is intentional and they WANTED the controversy.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By nvroundman:
That is an ugly dude
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#30]
If Romeo met Juliet at the McDonald's drive through.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Your wife is a gooney-goo-goo, Gus!
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SurvivingAZ:
Hows she have a stronger jaw line than the male lead?
View Quote

She ugly, but that dude is weird looking.  Plastic surgery already?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#33]
It's just fucking tiresome at this point.

IDGAF. I won't support or, not many others will, it will flop
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#34]
You know, I'm not even mad that they chose a black girl. I'm upset that they chose such an ugly one .
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:43:57 AM EDT
[#35]
And I thought it was a remake of Jungle Fever.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:46:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#36]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:54:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Long_Live_Don:
You know, I'm not even mad that they chose a black girl. I'm upset that they chose such an ugly one .
View Quote

The basic story of Romeo and Juliet is that two kids fall in love while their families hate each other. The reason for the hate is inconsequential. It could be anything, including race.

I don't know anything about the production, when and where is the story set? Does it make sense, or is it horribly unrealistic?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By FireMissionDivision:
https://i.imgur.com/D2DUb3l.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:06:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:11:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Bored af at work.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:44:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Utter garbage.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:50:38 AM EDT
[#42]
They couldn't have at least found an attractive black woman for the role?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#44]
I want Malcolm X remake with Clint Eastwood or i fucking quit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BobP:

The basic story of Romeo and Juliet is that two kids fall in love while their families hate each other. The reason for the hate is inconsequential. It could be anything, including race.

I don't know anything about the production, when and where is the story set? Does it make sense, or is it horribly unrealistic?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobP:
Originally Posted By Long_Live_Don:

So you're saying Brown Sugar   is the Rolling Stones' version of Romeo and Juliet?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 797hp:
“Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it.”
View Quote

Okay  Bubba.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hQ9HSKlIE
View Quote

Tracy Chapman may not be a great beauty, but that girl has enough talent and soul to easily overcome that.

Maybe Francesca is a great actress? She sure isn't famous for it.
Can you imagine her joy at being picked for this role? Then that backlash?
It seems they really set this poor girl up to fail. Pretty shitty of them for virtue signaling at her expense.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#49]
"In faire Zimbabwe where we set our scene..."
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#50]
So, a dorky dweeb and an ugly black tranny?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top