[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Make Goblin Green great again!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Me, big brain that I am, decided on doing a blue and white checker board pattern instead of the much easier and less aggravating stripes, on the outer left shoulder plates and outer halves of the shin plates. And I'm doing it free-hand. Except for the black primer, the Titan is all hand painted.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Just doing the trim on the armor has used an entire pot of Retributor Armor.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:52:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sir_Sparhawk] [#5]
View Quote

For the Emperor!

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Make Goblin Green great again!
View Quote

Man, I have two big units of white metal Slayers on 25mm square bases done up in Goblin Green.  Good times.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
So it begins.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#9]

Not bad. You can use pin striping tape to help line it straighter. I think there's one that doesn't leave a residue, too.

I used a pencil to do these lines before painting.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Not bad. You can use pin striping tape to help line it straighter. I think there's one that doesn't leave a residue, too.
View Quote

Thanks. Just the base so far. I'll tidy it up when I do rest of the blue to match the finished panels.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks. Just the base so far. I'll tidy it up when I do rest of the blue to match the finished panels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Makes sense. When I did my first Bloodfang shoulder pad, I kept going back and forth with yellow and red till I was happy with the lines. The pencil and tape made it a lot easier. I used blue painter's tape as a straight edge, though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't want to repeat checks again, but I'm happy with it. Still need to weather and detail, but the base paint is done.

Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't want to repeat checks again, but I'm happy with it. Still need to weather and detail, but the base paint is done.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/20230707_212035-2877756.jpg
View Quote

Amazing work dude. I really need to get off my ass and work on my pile of shame.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 10:01:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#14]

View All Quotes

That looks fantastic!

Originally Posted By lsujim:

Amazing work dude. I really need to get off my ass and work on my pile of shame.

Ditto lol

Eta: My pile of shame (at least everything is assembled)
Attachment Attached File

My son's pile of shame (the yellow ones are about 75% unfinished, everything else is done)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Personal heraldry.

Link Posted: 7/9/2023 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Personal heraldry.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/20230709_094302-2879700.jpg
View Quote

Looking good
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Came out this morning and my 4yo is standing in front of the display cabinet saying  "good morning,  Titan." He'll probably end up playing AdMech.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Came out this morning and my 4yo is standing in front of the display cabinet saying  "good morning,  Titan." He'll probably end up playing AdMech.
View Quote

I'd start getting worried if he annoints your Titan with oil while praying to the Omnissiah.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Volcano cannons.

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:17:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sir_Sparhawk] [#20]

Man, that is so badass. I would love to have a Titan to add to my collection, but I will never spend the amount of money necessary to own one. I like that there is a Baneblade/Banesword/Shadowsword just casually chillin right there next to your Titan. Wonder how it's going to feel for you going forward putting anything else together and painting it. You've already done the ultimate 40k model.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sir_Sparhawk:

Man, that is so badass. I would love to have a Titan to add to my collection, but I will never spend the amount of money necessary to own one. I like that there is a Baneblade/Banesword/Shadowsword just casually chillin right there next to your Titan. Wonder how it's going to feel for you going forward putting anything else together and painting it. You've already done the ultimate 40k model.
View Quote

Imperator Titan
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Titan metal.

StringStorm – Titanicus (GMV) Warhammer 40000
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 5:09:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#23]
Titan metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvJ49XZKUlY
View Quote

That was so metal.

Warhammer is the most metal Sci/Fi I.P ever.  No contest.

Man, I know it's probably too expensive to do, but I really hope that Amazon series gives us the Horus Hersey.  I put off getting into Warhammer for years thinking it looked too childish and over the top, but man was I wrong and sometimes it's really good to be wrong.

I mean I literally work out to videos like that in my home gym now!
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Group shot of my Knights (painted and assembled).

House Suturus, fielding patterns both sanctioned and forbidden.

Obviously, we're on the Mechanicum's watchlist for tech-heresy.

Fuck'em.

Best,

JBR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Some seriously big and impressive works here!

Wrapping my toddler in aluminum foil is the closest my wife is going to let me get to owning a titan.

Just finished this squad. One of my better efforts.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By markfall:

Wrapping my toddler in aluminum foil is the closest my wife is going to let me get to owning a titan.

https://i.imgur.com/sG4cwSf.jpg

View Quote

Nice. You have The Lion, yet?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Nice. You have The Lion, yet?
View Quote
Nah. The stress of messing up such an expensive model is too great.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#28]
Nah. The stress of messing up such an expensive model is too great.
View Quote

Once you get your first $200 model out of the way and you see others like the Titan here, it's not so bad lol.

These 3 were $200+ with add-ons

Angron + skulls $215-ish
Attachment Attached File

Chaos Land Raider + Forgeworld World Eaters parts $200
Attachment Attached File

Khorne Lord of Skulls $180
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Once you get your first $200 model out of the way and you see others like the Titan here, it's not so bad lol.

These 3 were $200+ with add-ons

Angron + skulls $215-ish
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20230718_153111_jpg-2890466.JPG

Chaos Land Raider + Forgeworld World Eaters parts $200
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20230718_153115_jpg-2890467.JPG

Khorne Lord of Skulls $180
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20230718_153120_jpg-2890468.JPG
View Quote
I really dig the new Angron model. Kinda made me want to do a SMALL world eaters force, but I absolutely the painting CSMs. Waaaaaaay too much shit on the sculpts.

The Lord of Skulls is probably the most ridiculous model GW ever made, after those really bad wolfed 13th company.  It's like they drew inspiration from the over the top, anything goes era of rogue trader art and put it in the lineup of sleeker, marvel-esque GW.

It's hard to believe how much a landraider costs now. I remember when I first got into the hobby they were $50, which seemed like an astronomical amount of money for a tank at the time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I really dig the new Angron model. Kinda made me want to do a SMALL world eaters force, but I absolutely the painting CSMs. Waaaaaaay too much shit on the sculpts.

The Lord of Skulls is probably the most ridiculous model GW ever made, after those really bad wolfed 13th company.  It's like they drew inspiration from the over the top, anything goes era of rogue trader art and put it in the lineup of sleeker, marvel-esque GW.

It's hard to believe how much a landraider costs now. I remember when I first got into the hobby they were $50, which seemed like an astronomical amount of money for a tank at the time.
View Quote

I love painting CSM models.

The KLoS is pretty ridiculous, as a model and on the tabletop lol.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Father's Day gift from my boys. I'm such a nerd.

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#32]

https://i.imgur.com/sG4cwSf.jpg

View Quote

Wow, those look really good.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

Wow, those look really good.
View Quote
Thanks! I spent a lot more time on them than I usually do. They were coming along nicely from the start and I really didn't want to screw them up, so I tried a bit harder than normal, lol.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks! I spent a lot more time on them than I usually do. They were coming along nicely from the start and I really didn't want to screw them up, so I tried a bit harder than normal, lol.
View Quote

It shows. They look great.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I picked up the Marvel Legends Thor vs Destroyer 2 pack. Destroyer is awesome. He's huge.

My son asked me who would win between Destroyer and a Space Marine. Who wins?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
I picked up the Marvel Legends Thor vs Destroyer 2 pack. Destroyer is awesome. He's huge.

My son asked me who would win between Destroyer and a Space Marine. Who wins?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195666/E7000281-DB4E-404D-8B87-AB9C8AA79E72_jpg-2901919.JPG

View Quote
I don't know who the silver guy is, so I'll say him. Space Marines die all the time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Putting together some looooooooong OOP terrain from Forgeworld. Spent several days trimming, sanding, gap filling, drilling, and epoxying to get these together. They are pinned into the columns from underneath with brass tube expoxyed in place. Still have some more trimming and sanding to do, but these are pretty much finished.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 3:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#38]
I don't know who the silver guy is, so I'll say him. Space Marines die all the time.
View Quote
If you've seen the first Thor movie with Chris Hemsworth, the Destroyer Armor is featured in it.

It's a very powerful armor, nigh impervious, capable of shooting high intensity energy beams from it's face. In the movies, it's mind-controlled. In the comics, Odin sometimes wears it. Thor has been known to wear it's arm (as his arm is chopped off in some canons). It can get a power-up if the one controlling it adds a magic weapon (Thor > Hammer > Armor) or (Odin > Spear > Armor).

I would think a legion of Space Marines or a Primarch could give it a run for it's money.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Putting together some looooooooong OOP terrain from Forgeworld. Spent several days trimming, sanding, gap filling, drilling, and epoxying to get these together. They are pinned into the columns from underneath with brass tube expoxyed in place. Still have some more trimming and sanding to do, but these are pretty much finished.

https://i.imgur.com/QMunYuc.jpg
View Quote

Oh man, that looks epic.  Now that's a proper gaming top environment.  You can recreate Istvan 3 or Helsreach.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 4:57:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#40]
So, I just finished the Audiobook of Betrayer by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, which is part of the Horus Heresy.  

What a great story, but I did find it annoying that they gave Kharn  a Russian like accent that was pretty poorly done by the narrator and the narrator did an annoying voice for Angron.   At any rate, story wise it was superb.  

With the Primarchs coming back in the 10th Edition and the Emperor starting to make his presence known more and more to the wider Imperium through various saints I'm wondering if it wouldn't be appropriate for at least one heretical Space Marine to be redeemed and whether Kharn might make the best candidate for redemption?

It is pretty clear that Kharn is consumed by the damn nails that he had to get thanks to Angron.  Kharn is the most devout follower of Khrone, but Kharn has been betrayed by his own men and let's face it Khrone doesn't care about him, because Khrone doesn't care about anyone.   The entire World Eaters (formerly War Hounds before they had the misfortune of finding their Primarch) were basically a good chapter of bros until the nails and then corruption.  Angron is a #@$%  Primarch and honestly if the legions had been headed by the best leader it would have been Kharn  in which case they would have likely never been corrupted.  

Kharn was a good bro.  He had a lot of battle brothers from other chapters and included among them were very devout individuals like Sigismund.  I think Kharn would have been far happier had he been among the Imperial Fists and later in the Black Templars.   It would be cool to see Kharn somehow able to remove his nails, which apparently were not as advanced as Angron's and perhaps not as permanent?  I think a redemption arc like that could be pretty damn interesting.

The book did a really, really good job of making you cheer on a corrupted Space Marine, because it just makes Kharn such a solid bro to his friends and in his corrupted way he is an extremely loyal team player.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#41]
So, I just finished the Audiobook of Betrayer by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, which is part of the Horus Heresy.  

What a great story, but I did find it annoying that they gave Kharn  a Russian like accent that was pretty poorly done by the narrator and the narrator did an annoying voice for Angron.   At any rate, story wise it was superb.  

With the Primarchs coming back in the 10th Edition and the Emperor starting to make his presence known more and more to the wider Imperium through various saints I'm wondering if it wouldn't be appropriate for at least one heretical Space Marine to be redeemed and whether Kharn might make the best candidate for redemption?

It is pretty clear that Kharn is consumed by the damn nails that he had to get thanks to Angron.  Kharn is the most devout follower of Khrone, but Kharn has been betrayed by his own men and let's face it Khrone doesn't care about him, because Khrone doesn't care about anyone.   The entire World Eaters (formerly War Hounds before they had the misfortune of finding their Primarch) were basically a good chapter of bros until the nails and then corruption.  Angron is a #@$%  Primarch and honestly if the legions had been headed by the best leader it would have been Kharn  in which case they would have likely never been corrupted.  

Kharn was a good bro.  He had a lot of battle brothers from other chapters and included among them were very devout individuals like Sigismund.  I think Kharn would have been far happier had he been among the Imperial Fists and later in the Black Templars.   It would be cool to see Kharn somehow able to remove his nails, which apparently were not as advanced as Angron's and perhaps not as permanent?  I think a redemption arc like that could be pretty damn interesting.

The book did a really, really good job of making you cheer on a corrupted Space Marine, because it just makes Kharn such a solid bro to his friends and in his corrupted way he is an extremely loyal team player.
View Quote

Fantastic book.

I love the World Eaters.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

It's been a while since I listened to this audiobook, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it drove me up a fucking wall the way the narrator gave Angron this gravelly, slobbery sounding way of talking.  I can live with the half-assed eastern European inflections they gave Kharn, but holy shit that drooling cartoony shit they did with Angron is really bad.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By crazytuco:

It's been a while since I listened to this audiobook, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it drove me up a fucking wall the way the narrator gave Angron this gravelly, slobbery sounding way of talking.  I can live with the half-assed eastern European inflections they gave Kharn, but holy shit that drooling cartoony shit they did with Angron is really bad.
View Quote

It did start the whole drooling slobbering thing with the WE when the nails are kicking in along with the Eastern European accent thing for WE characters.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#44]

It did start the whole drooling slobbering thing with the WE when the nails are kicking in along with the Eastern European accent thing for WE characters.
View All Quotes

Nothing says "scary close combat primarch" like a person drooling harder than an 80's kid in orthodontic headgear.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Nothing says "scary close combat primarch" like a person drooling harder than an 80's kid in orthodontic headgear.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Yeah, that Angron voice was terrible, the YouTube "Vox in the Void" does a WAY better narration of Angron's voice and Kharn's as well.  Love the Vox in the Void guy's readings, I joke with my wife that if we had kids I'd probably read them bed time stories of Warhammer in the fashion of Vox in the Void.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Got a new shelf and rearranged my bedroom/Warhammer room.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

New shelf with my stuff
Attachment Attached File

Son's armies and my fantasy/Sci-Fi book collection
Attachment Attached File

My World Eaters again because I love 'em
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#48]

You may want to get a life vest, because once the babes see all that Warhammer goodness, you're gonna be drowning in pussy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#49]

You may want to get a life vest, because once the babes see all that Warhammer goodness, you're gonna be drowning in pussy.
View Quote

I know it's shocking, but I'm already married and keep a stick in my truck to beat the women away.

It sucks being this awesome
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#50]

I know it's shocking, but I'm already married and keep a stick in my truck to beat the women away.

It sucks being this awesome
View Quote

As a fellow married Warhammer (and pretty much every other nerdy geek game) player, I feel your pain.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 1 of 18)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top