Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 5/8/2024 2:36:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wheel]
Disenchanted people looking for a simpler more conservative life. They've grown disillusioned with Trump.

"MAGA voters have explained why they turned their backs on the US for a new life in Russia, claiming the former communist state is a, 'positive vision of 1950s America'. Conservative men have cited the country's Christian values, beautiful women and stunning scenery as reasons behind their move. After losing faith in their hero Donald Trump, some have moved as far east as Siberia, unfazed by the prospect of being led by an autocratic dictator.

They have even expressed admiration for Vladimir Putin, choosing to believe his narrative about his decision to invade Ukraine. 'I think he's a good man,' ex-pat Peter Frohwein, 62, told the Free Press. 'This lie that he's somehow a dictator—just because he was in the KGB doesn't mean he's ever killed anybody.'

Frohwein is divorced with no kids, but has hopes of starting up a family. He moved from Atlanta to Yalta in the Crimea in July 2023. 'Twenty percent of the women could be supermodels,' he said, explaining he anticipates his children would speak three languages: English, Russian and Mandarin. 'I wouldn't seriously consider starting a family in the U.S. today,' he added. 'The U.S. is a political mess. Socially, things are a mess. Spiritually, things are a mess.'

Bernd Ratsch, 56, agrees with this assessment of US politics and moved to Moscow from Texas in 2019. 'Is Trump better than Biden? Of course. But do I want him? Would I vote for him again? No. It's just, "Boy, shut your mouth for a while,"' he explained. Meanwhile, family man Joseph Rose has managed to carve out a career with his YouTube channel documenting his new life in Moscow.

'I would say that Russia is becoming a bastion of Christianity and that America is becoming the opposite of this,' Rose explained. 'I do think it was God leading me to where I needed to be right now. I was put in a spot where I could be used.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13396031/MAGA-voters-moving-Russia-conservative-values.html

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MacManus:

fixed.
View Quote

This.

The story has convinced me that we must counter efforts to radicalize americans, before they fall prey to maga extremism. Information is the lifeblood of our democracy. Trump must be stopped.

They made it too obvious by putting maga in the title
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By wheel:
Disenchanted people looking for a simpler more conservative life. They've grown disillusioned with Trump.

"MAGA voters have explained why they turned their backs on the US for a new life in Russia, claiming the former communist state is a, 'positive vision of 1950s America'. Conservative men have cited the country's Christian values, beautiful women and stunning scenery as reasons behind their move. After losing faith in their hero Donald Trump, some have moved as far east as Siberia, unfazed by the prospect of being led by an autocratic dictator.

They have even expressed admiration for Vladimir Putin, choosing to believe his narrative about his decision to invade Ukraine. 'I think he's a good man,' ex-pat Peter Frohwein, 62, told the Free Press. 'This lie that he's somehow a dictator—just because he was in the KGB doesn't mean he's ever killed anybody.'

Frohwein is divorced with no kids, but has hopes of starting up a family. He moved from Atlanta to Yalta in the Crimea in July 2023. 'Twenty percent of the women could be supermodels,' he said, explaining he anticipates his children would speak three languages: English, Russian and Mandarin. 'I wouldn't seriously consider starting a family in the U.S. today,' he added. 'The U.S. is a political mess. Socially, things are a mess. Spiritually, things are a mess.'

Bernd Ratsch, 56, agrees with this assessment of US politics and moved to Moscow from Texas in 2019. 'Is Trump better than Biden? Of course. But do I want him? Would I vote for him again? No. It's just, "Boy, shut your mouth for a while,"' he explained. Meanwhile, family man Joseph Rose has managed to carve out a career with his YouTube channel documenting his new life in Moscow.

'I would say that Russia is becoming a bastion of Christianity and that America is becoming the opposite of this,' Rose explained. 'I do think it was God leading me to where I needed to be right now. I was put in a spot where I could be used.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13396031/MAGA-voters-moving-Russia-conservative-values.html
View Quote

I’m not clear on this.  …. Are the dudes quoted in this article saying/suggesting it’s all Trump’s fault for them packing up and moving to Russia?  

Given Biden’s America right now, I can see why they might want to roll the dice over there in Russki Land.  FJB, from the git-go, fucked-up everything positive thing Trump handed him when he took office (inflation, energy, economy, border control, etc).
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ninjaman:
Just more Democrat lies.
View Quote

Sure sounds like media anti-Trump BS
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Riiiiiiiight….
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Because they’re tards who lack critical thinking abilities and swallowed Kremlin propaganda spoon fed to them by bought off pay-triots like Alexi Joneskov, Hal Turner, Cucker Tarlson, Gereald Celente, and the like.

“buH, pUtIn iS A cHRIstIaN fiGht”en Fer aLL ‘MerICaNs’ riGHTs ‘GAiNsT dA gLObAListS.”
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BSmith79:
lol at some 62 year old nerd with a fantasy of marrying a hot young Russian woman and starting a family.
View Quote

That's been extrapolated by the propaganda mills that all MAGA supporters love Russian and want to move there.

Wrapped up in a headline so that low-information people see MAGA=Russia.

Meanwhile, the actual stats for ALL citizens of the US (presumably a mix of (D) and (R) and independents) living
in Russia right now is 4,600, having moved there sometime over the average lifetime. Which is ~ .0013%, and if
you adjust for moves in the past 4 years when MAGA people would move.. it's 5% of that number: 0.000065%.

Statistically speaking, zero.

So the story headline is for sure complete and utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Thrasymachus:

Would the term kleptocracy be more agreeable to you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:
Originally Posted By Thunder900:
That is just as dumb as Queers for Palestine.    'Christians' idolizing a Communist regime.

Are... are you serious?

Did you sleep through 1989-1991?

What do you think happened during those years?

God I swear the number of boomers who think Russia is still communist amazes me.

Yes, actually. As would imperialist, autocratic, and dictatorial. Words have meaning. I am not defending Russia but its important to use the right words for the right thing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
This was posted about a half a year ago. It hits all the tropes

I mean even the name of the YT channel is "Russian Code" so I didn't take it too seriously but this is the closest I've found to the article.

We all know what MAGA stands for, how stupid would you have to be to assume that moving to Russia is somehow making America great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i5s7rlffBQ
View Quote

insane full body tatted attention whore
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
That is just as dumb as Queers for Palestine.    'Christians' idolizing a Communist regime.
View Quote

Legit observation
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By pukindog:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pukindog:
Originally Posted By Ninjaman:
Just more Democrat lies.

Seems more likely that it's the same standard divisive Russian propaganda meant to turn Americans against America and each other. Just like they've always done.

What on earth do liberals have to gain by this?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I find it highly unlikely that someone who really believed in MAGA would move to Russia…
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Move to CA, all the shit heads left there and polluted the rest of the country
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:47:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder900] [#13]

Are... are you serious?

God I swear the number of boomers who think Russia is still communist amazes me.

View Quote

Then why is Lenin still on display in Moscow next to Putin's residence.  And don't get me started on those "Victory Day" parades, they are Soviet throwback days.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll take "S___ that never happened" for $2000, Alex.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
I think it’s safe to say that Russia won the info war
View Quote

When your target audience barely has a two digit IQ, it's not hard.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#17]
Originally Posted By stevelish:
I'll take "S___ that never happened" for $2000, Alex.
View Quote

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/05/11/russia-to-build-migrant-village-for-conservative-american-expats-a81101

SECRET WHY AMERICANS ARE HAPPY IN RUSSIA?AMERICAN ABOUT LIVING &WORKING IN RUSSIA #Americansinrussia

American Moving To Russia In 2024 | Things I’ve Learned

MTG cheers for Russia and Putin all the time along with many Trump worshippers. Tons on this website.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

When your target audience barely has a two digit IQ, it's not hard.
View Quote

Is it? The social media psyops that the government runs against Trump have their roots in programs like "Think again, turn away", where they would send arabic speaking psyops analysts try to disrupt terror recruiting on social media. Those programs have been referred to as backfiring and giving islamic extremists a platform to mock america.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]
And unfortunately, the USA is doing all the political crap that they used to tell us that Russia did.   We were told that the horrible Russians would use the Russian courts against their political opponents, that they would spy on their citizens, jail protesters, and allow the favored party members to riot without consequences, and the television channels would be spouting the government party line in order to brainwash it's citizens.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#20]
If you're dumb enough to move to a second world, impoverished country because "muh 50's" then you probably belong there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Genin:
And unfortunately, the USA is doing all the political crap that they used to tell us that Russia did.   We were told that the horrible Russians would use the Russian courts against their political opponents, that they would spy on their citizens, jail protesters, and allow the favored party members to riot without consequences, and the television channels would be spouting the government party line in order to brainwash it's citizens.
View Quote

The fact that you can talk and post about this believe and access alternative sources of information from the MSM should give you a clue that the US is still not even in the same ballpark as Russia when it comes to that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#22]
They are being relocated to Siberia
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#23]
You know that any outlet with .uk.com in the url is a tabloid, right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Good luck fighting for Russia in Ukraine idiots, er...I mean guys.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#25]
This happened in the 30s when leftists moved to Russia. Stalin wiped them out. Ask about the Gorsky baseball team or the former Ford employees.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Democrats and libs tryna convince conservatives to leave.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Gelandewagen:
Propa Propa Propaganda....

View Quote

So much BULL SHIT
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:

Those who moved in the 20's and 30's were celebrated and after a few years liquidated.  The USSR didn't want people who betrayed their home nations.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Idiots.

This has happened before back in the 1920s/30s. Not a smart idea.

I can understand why some would want to leave the USA, but Russia isn't the place.

Those who moved in the 20's and 30's were celebrated and after a few years liquidated.  The USSR didn't want people who betrayed their home nations.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Umm, no.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

The right are the ones saying Russia is a bastion of freedom and family values lol.
View All Quotes
I think it's safe to say that Russia won the left is escalating the info war

fixed.

The right are the ones saying Russia is a bastion of freedom and family values lol.

Sir, respectfully, you're not employing second order thinking.

I do not believe these people are representative of anything other than themselves, yet the article would have you believe otherwise.  Do these people represent you?  The purpose of this piece is to conflate MAGA, conservatives, etc with Putin/Russia.  Nothing more.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#31]

The myopic glorifying of a decade in history is profoundly retarded.  But hey, you do you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
I wonder if like in the 1950s they will get polio.

"Ackchually, the 1950s in the USA sucked hurrhurr" *tips fedora*

The myopic glorifying of a decade in history is profoundly retarded.  But hey, you do you.

America was never great!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#32]

America was never great!
View Quote

lol, yep. Too late though, I was going to vote for trump,  but his post demoralized me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Idiots.

This has happened before back in the 1920s/30s. Not a smart idea.

I can understand why some would want to leave the USA, but Russia isn't the place.
View Quote

Yes, happened once before and it didn't end well.  Stalin became paranoid and those that had resettled in Russia didn't survive the experiment.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#34]

I do not believe these people are representative of anything other than themselves, yet the article would have you believe otherwise.  Do these people represent you?  The purpose of this piece is to conflate MAGA, conservatives, etc with Putin/Russia.  Nothing more.
View All Quotes
I think it's safe to say that Russia won the left is escalating the info war

fixed.

I am, we just disagree on the goal of such an article. Considering this story is right in line with Russian propaganda- even directly from Putin's mouth and advertisements from Russian sources directed at Americans.
It seems more likely that this is in fact Russian propaganda, not liberals trying to somehow associate conservatives with Russia which really serves no purpose for them, and sadly conservatives seem to do well enough on their own anyway.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#35]

I am, we just disagree on the goal of such an article. Considering this story is right in line with Russian propaganda- even directly from Putin's mouth and advertisements from Russian sources directed at Americans.
It seems more likely that this is in fact Russian propaganda, not liberals trying to somehow associate conservatives with Russia which really serves no purpose for them, and sadly conservatives seem to do well enough on their own anyway.
View Quote

I don't think anyone is falling for the part in bold
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like a bunch of losers.

Oh well, good riddance, and enjoy getting conscripted and then blown up in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BSmith79:
lol at some 62 year old nerd with a fantasy of marrying a hot young Russian woman and starting a family.
View Quote

Bet he bangs some though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Gelandewagen:
Propa Propa Propaganda....
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#39]
The only advantage to moving to Russia would be it is one of the very few places that are large and powerful enough to not give a single flying fuck about US requests for extradition. I am pretty sure one of the J6 exiles is still in Belarus for this reason.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:33:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#40]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

What purpose does it serve for liberals to claim MAGA's are moving to Russia.
What purpose does it serve for Russia to claim MAGA's are moving to Russia. (Keeping in mind this is a well established tactic they've used many times before in slightly varying forms).

You see how this is essentially the same message right?
Russian propaganda about Russians moving to the U.S…

ETA - if your point is that liberals will make fun of idiot MAGA's that move to Russia then sure. The larger point is these handful of fools move to Russia in the first place because they're dumb enough to believe Russian propaganda.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 1975:
Idonbaliveit.gif
View Quote

Yeah, doubt factor is off the scales
Creative writing
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#42]
History repeats itself.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I invite as many people as possible to go.

Please, go and then mock us for not following!

You’ll prove us all wrong.

It will be great!

Please, please, go.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I think it’s safe to say that Russia won the info war
View Quote
That has been their thing for a while
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Maybe @Resurrector can chime us in on what's going on in Russia.

Oh, right, he went radio silent after he got there and is totally fine I'm sure.
View Quote

When was his last login/activity? Can mods see if he has been browsing?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Deflecting hard on the chickens coming home to roost, I see.  All that "Putin is such a hunk" bullshit has left a stain that's gonna be hard to hide.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Are... are you serious?

It’s a Kleptocracy technically…..ran by “totally not communist” former KGB agents.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#48]

America was never great!
View All Quotes
I wonder if like in the 1950s they will get polio.

"Ackchually, the 1950s in the USA sucked hurrhurr" *tips fedora*

America was never great!

Bold doubling down on such a shitty take.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#49]
well that's some bullshit
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Fake thread is fake news.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Top Top