Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/9/2024 9:09:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac]
Glock 43x Bronze...paid $560 plus tax for the thing.

First time I've ever had buyers remorse from a gun....it was an impulse buy and I later found out it was not factory painted which helped with my regrets.  I also had no idea that some glocks were made in US. Wtf? (Not a glock guy)

Not sure who did the cerakote.

What is your opinion of the paint job?

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:09:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#1]
I have remorse for you after seeing that

It looks like they did a good job atleast
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good. Carry it and shoot it. I like FDE color.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:11:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anymanusa] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chase45:

View Quote

Fpni
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By chase45:

View Quote

Picture was taken with flash

It looks pretty good in person...has kind of a gold look like tan eotechs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Seen worse

It can be fixed, not the end of the world

Look at it this way...SHTF tomorrow, you could run for your areas warlord

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it feels like sandpaper.

Also.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Sell it for what you can. Buy more ammo and shoot that HK USPc more often.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#9]
It's bronze, like you said.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#10]
It is kind of pimp
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#11]
FPNI, as always.  Personally, don’t like Glocks and certainly don’t much care for gold ones, but your money, etc…...
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I like it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#13]
$560 and cerakote doesn’t make it buyers remorse. Glock makes it buyers remorse. Feeling bad means you are normal. Learn from the mistake King.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I would regret that too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#16]
If you bought it to look at it then I can see your disappointment. Have you shot it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
Glock 43x Bronze...paid $560 plus tax for the thing.

First time I've ever had buyers remorse from a gun....it was an impulse buy and I later found out it was not factory painted which helped with my regrets.  I also had no idea that some glocks were made in US. Wtf? (Not a glock guy)

Not sure who did the cerakote.

What is your opinion of the paint job?

https://i.postimg.cc/ZY6Q10Ww/20240509-010020.jpg
View Quote

Do you have a third nipple?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Glock has been assembling their guns for the US market in the US for literally decades now.
Lots of non-Glock finishes being applied by wholesalers and others.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#19]
It’s terrible.  Send it to me for disposal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:22:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#20]
@HecklerKac Omaha Outdoors?

It’s fine OP, shoot it and enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#21]
How did you find out it wasn't "factory painted"?

Are you sure it's not a Davidson's or Gun South or other distributor special?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JKinAZ:
If you bought it to look at it then I can see your disappointment. Have you shot it?
View Quote

Not yet just got it, was planning to this weekend...hopefully it's an awesome shooter
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

View Quote

I couldn't find another one like it online...also from what I've researched the Glock 19x is the only factory painted gun
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like the 19x..
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I like it. I'd buy that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Gayer than a circle jerk at a Judas Priest, Queen and WHAM music festival.....
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:34:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PTR32Sooner] [#27]
What makes you think it was made in America? my 43X was manufactured in Austria (pretty sure but will double check when i get home

I love my 43X

put it with the S15 mag and i have an unknown number of rounds through it without any hiccup
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Might look pretty good with some wear on it
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Bronze is a pretty cool gun color.  No shame there, I’d carry it outside of the 43x not being my jam.

And correct, with Glock, the only factory-colored slide is the 19x with the coyote npvd finish.  It is also the only Glock to get the coyote polymer frame aside from the very limited 17 Gen5 FR French-military version which wasn’t available in the US.  

Glock obviously offers a bunch of black slides with colored polymer in FDE and various green hues.  Anything that ships with a colored slide that isn’t a 19x will be a distributor-exclusive paint.  Not a bad thing at all as long as you know!

I wish Glock would offer a full-size 17 in the 19x slide and frame colors.  Probably be around the same time Magpul offers additional products in MCT polymer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#30]
My dad used to say “live and learn my boy.” Well I’m 74 now and I’m not done learning yet. Don’t panic. Sleep on it. I’m sure you will have a solution to your dilemma.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Might look pretty good with some wear on it
View Quote

This. Carry it 5 years and put 10k through it. It’ll look fine. I understand the appeal of certain guns from an aesthetic perspective and I have more Glocks than 99.9% of people - but it’s a Glock. They’ve never won beauty contests. As long as it shoots well, and it will, you got a winner OP.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#32]
It was massively overpriced at any rate, especially for a non rail or Mos version.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:
What makes you think it was made in America? my 43X was manufactured in Austria (pretty sure but will double check when i get home
View Quote

Dealers can order either the Austrian or Smyrna GA guns from some distributors. The bulk of the Glocks in the US for the past few decades were assembled in GA.
Before they changed the manufacturing process the Tenifer finish couldn't be done here
I assumed that most people knew that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#34]
It's not even the MOS version.  Gross!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#35]
It looks gold. Gold is for pimps and hoodrats.

I got a G19x because I thought it was a tan gun. Nope it’s a tan frame with a freaking goofy ass gold slide.

So I kept the frame, sold the slide, got a G47 slide and now have a cool looking unique (for a Glock) two tone FDE Glock

You could acquire a black slide and follow that path?

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I like it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#37]
That doesnt look like a homebrew paint job.  Looks like a good job done on it.  Run it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By S58DRIVER:
Looks like the 19x..
View Quote

It kind of does

I should have taken the picture without flash it looks moreso like it

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks decent.

I avoid non factory color applications, but I have stupidly spent money on far worse things gun related.

Carry it around and enjoy it. At least you didn't buy a fake Walker .44 or something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GraboidHunter:
It's not even the MOS version.  Gross!
View Quote

I know right...it'll only ever be a carry gun thouth and I don't usually put optics on those

I sure paid MOS pricing though lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#41]

I love my 43X

put it with the S15 mag and i have an unknown number of rounds through it without any hiccup
View Quote

Says USA right on the slide...all my other glocks say Austria
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Ed] [#42]

I couldn't find another one like it online...also from what I've researched the Glock 19x is the only factory painted gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"Factory painted" as in as sent by the Glock factory and sold by Glock, yeah. However there are distributor specials that are sold as "factory guns" that are painted. Talo, Davidson's, Gun South, etc etc etc have custom factory guns done for them all the time. It could be a distributor special. It may or may not say on the box. Davidson's likes putting stickers on theirs, don't know if Gun South or other distributors do.

Edit - took me literally 10 seconds of "glock 43x distributor exclusive" to find it. Really? You couldn't find it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Take it down to the hood get the switch added and sell it as a blinged out Glock
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

Do you have a third nipple?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#45]
I like that color in carry guns, it blends with all my khakis.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By IT_Cowboy:
It is kind of pimp
View Quote

If Idi Amin or Yassar Arafat or Saddam Hussein or Barack Obama had a Glock, it would look like that one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Someone wanted to be the new version of Scaramanga?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Is the only issue that it’s not factory painted? Does the paint cause the gun to not function properly or something?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#49]

I love my 43X

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:04:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#50]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Glock doesn't do "factory painted" guns. All Glock frames are molded in plastic that is that actual color, it's not just paint over a standard black frame. And they only offer a pretty limited selection of standard colors as far as I've ever seen. Black, tan, I think there was a brown, OD green, field green? pretty sure there are 2 greens, gray, blue and red for training models that could be converted to live firing frames with some parts swapping if you can get one, and I think a few rare clear ones for display/armorer training models that I imagine could also be converted to live fire if you really wanted to and could find one. Same with their slides, the few colored slide options they offer are a PVD finish of the appropriate color. If you were to scratch that finish, it would be just the silver steel underneath. If you scratch your slide, it will be the original black finish under the paint. Same with your frame.
That's the thing I don't like about Ceracoated polymer guns. Once it starts to wear, the black finish showing through ends up looking really cheap and cheesy. The "finish" on a factory frame never wears since it's just the same color all the way through the plastic no matter how deep you scratch it. And they don't generally color match so perfectly between the slide and frame.

So if it's some weird color and it's perfectly matched across the whole gun, pretty safe bet it's some 3rd party "custom" Ceracote job. Nothing wrong with it. If you're fine with Ceracote and like the color, enjoy. I don't care for it though.

When in doubt always double check the SKU#. GlockStore is usually pretty good at showing all the factory options and their SKUs to compare against.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top