Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 10:06:29 PM EDT
I really need a mobile mitresaw stand. Has anyone built one? I think something like this would work best. Compact, but folds out to hold a long board. I've also got an old tool cart I cant seem to get rid of, I've been thinking about converting vs building completely from scratch. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Been out of the game, but my setup was 2 Trojan saw horses (this allows you to make the table as long/short as you need), a small table that the saw drops into which mounts over the 2x in the horses, and some rollers that mount onto 2x's. The whole setup, minus the 2x between the horses, could fit in the passenger seat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a bosch stand and it's awesome. I got the longer one of the 2 and can easily hold big long boards and be able to cut the ends off easily.  Seems like purchasing a stand would be easier and lighter weight since it's aluminum. Plus my dewalt clips right onto it.

As far as homemade for years I just used 2 folding saw horses from HD, tough bilt brand but I think they are Husky brand now, and a few boards spanning the horses. Get the saw horses with the ends that can hold a vertical 2x4 and they make super sturdy tables when a piece of plywood is laid on top.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jerret_S:
I got a bosch stand and it's awesome. I got the longer one of the 2 and can easily hold big long boards and be able to cut the ends off easily.  Seems like purchasing a stand would be easier and lighter weight since it's aluminum. Plus my dewalt clips right onto it.

As far as homemade for years I just used 2 folding saw horses from HD, tough bilt brand but I think they are Husky brand now, and a few boards spanning the horses. Get the saw horses with the ends that can hold a vertical 2x4 and they make super sturdy tables when a piece of plywood is laid on top.
View Quote

I'm currently using the sawhorse method/ the tailgate on my truck. Tired of setting it up and breaking it down all the time. Buying something is definitely easier!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The trouble with a dedicated stand is you now need a secondary work table, platform.

As a finish carpenter for the past 40 years the table top is a lot more versatile. A pair of sawhorses with a wood top. Just have an adjustable stand at the end to accept long lengths of stock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really on topic, and I couldn't cut a straight line with either a miter saw or a table saw, but I'm probably going to pick this up.

Attachment Attached File

hazard freight link
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Tailgate of my truck. It is pretty mobile and goes where I go. If a lot of sawing, I use my trailer, slap some 2x on it and a piece of plywood. Sawdust goes in the trailer and then used as mulch.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FDC:
Not really on topic, and I couldn't cut a straight line with either a miter saw or a table saw, but I'm probably going to pick this up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3213978.JPG

hazard freight link
View Quote

I have the hitachi version of this that came with my saw.  In my experience, its not worth the trouble if you do anything besides framing houses.  There's enough slop in the extension joints that it takes some effort to get the extensions level and square with the surface of the saw.  Then next time you collapse the arms to store it, and then extend the arms out, they need re-adjusted to be level and square again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:
The trouble with a dedicated stand is you now need a secondary work table, platform.

As a finish carpenter for the past 40 years the table top is a lot more versatile. A pair of sawhorses with a wood top. Just have an adjustable stand at the end to accept long lengths of stock.
View Quote

I bought extra brackets for my DeWalt stand and mounted a 2'x2' butcher block to them.  Not a great work area, but helps out a ton having a portable table that mounts next to the saw.  Obviously you need the larger version of the stand to do this setup.  There's a lot of cool setups with this stand online that beat my little table mount, but they make it a lot less portable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I have built 2 paulk total workstations. look up ron paulk on youtube.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbryce31186] [#10]
Originally Posted By RustyBucket:
I have built 2 paulk total workstations. look up ron paulk on youtube.
View Quote

I've seen the design before. I need to watch his YouTube channel.

ETA He sells an unassembled bench on his website for $695
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

I bought extra brackets for my DeWalt stand and mounted a 2'x2' butcher block to them.  Not a great work area, but helps out a ton having a portable table that mounts next to the saw.  Obviously you need the larger version of the stand to do this setup.  There's a lot of cool setups with this stand online that beat my little table mount, but they make it a lot less portable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jarcese:
Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:

MA/NH. I bet we have crossed paths at least sometime in our work lives?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bigbryce31186:

I've seen the design before. I need to watch his YouTube channel.

ETA He sells an unassembled bench on his website for $695
View Quote

When I get more free time I want this table.

https://tsoproducts.com/project-plans/made-by-ron-paulk/paulk-smart-station-plans/
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:23:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#13]
I'm about to build one.  Looking at possibly making it a flip top and integrating my bench top planer into it to share the wings for material support.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:44:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4ger] [#14]
Attachment Attached File

You can kind of see what my slide miter is sitting on.

It is an 8' long table with elevated wings to match the saw's deck.

Permanently mounted collapsible horses.

I might build a new one someday as this one has served me for 17 years.

I built it so that when my 708 is cutting a miter, the handle did not bump into anything.

When I fold the legs down, it really occupies only about 10" of floor space.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#15]
after my wife bought me a kobalt table saw with the kobalt folding stand with wheels, when i bought a mitre saw for a big home project, i immediately went looking for a similar stand.  ended up with the RIDGID Foldable Mobile Miter Saw Stand with Mounting Braces.  it is so over built compared to the kobalt.  much bigger tubing and big enough wheels to roll up stairs.  regular price, $179 and i have seen it for $150.  I am sure other top brands are also good,  but get BIG wheels.  I don't think any home built will be able to compare, cost or function.  
And i can wheel both saws up against a wall for compact storing, and wheel out and be ready to saw in just a minute or 2
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I run a Kobalt chop with Kobalt stand. For cutting stock I usually run adjustable height saw horses with gorilla tape on the top of horse so the stock slide good. I could imagine a built chop table would be pretty hefty to move around, hopefully you don't work in steep terrain.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#17]
On the jobsite. I use a couple of saw horses and part of an extension ladder. I made a cradle that rides on the rails for my saw and levelers for long trim. Also have a small table that drops on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top