User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/1/2024 10:04:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
He deserves the boot after putting that shit bill to a floor vote.  The problem is there is nobody to replace him that can actually win.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]
More infighting to detract from real issues
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
He deserves the boot after putting that shit bill to a floor vote.  The problem is there is nobody to replace him that can actually win.
View Quote

If he isn't on our side, then do it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
We got you, fam.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
He got billions for Ukraine and left out any semblance of border security. The democrats will save him if put to a vote and he knows it
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

If he isn't on our side, then do it.
View Quote

Firing a less than perfect friend to get an enemy as a replacement seems tactically misguided
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Why? They will just put another puppet in place
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Firing a less than perfect friend to get an enemy as a replacement seems tactically misguided
View Quote

Point taken.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#9]
For those who say MTG is wrong to do this because we could get worse....help me understand how it can be worse?  He looked promising.  He has literally passed everything the Dems want and done nothing we want.  Whats the point in him being there?  I honestly think they have something on him.  He has pushed legislation that he routinely voted against before he was speaker...he was always against money for Ukraine and now boom sending them sacks full of cash.  Makes no sense.  We have no need to compromise with Dems here, and in this case just bending over giving them what they want.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:14:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin72] [#10]
Originally Posted By craig24680:
View Quote

Actually, the reason they want him out IS a real issue
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Who else would be dumb enough to put his/her name in the hat for Speaker of the House?

MTG?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#13]
He don't care.  He is busy looking for a new lake front house from his unexpected windfall.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Good. Get rid of the uniparty big gov RINO turd.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
We got you, fam.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/dems_png-3202774.JPG
View Quote

This. He's going nowhere
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#16]
He's worse than McCarthy. Out! Out! Out!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#17]
And then one day, for no reason at all, the republicans lost control of the house, the senate, and the WH.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:18:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#18]
Originally Posted By Spasm:
For those who say MTG is wrong to do this because we could get worse....help me understand how it can be worse?  He looked promising.  He has literally passed everything the Dems want and done nothing we want.  Whats the point in him being there?  I honestly think they have something on him.  He has pushed legislation that he routinely voted against before he was speaker...he was always against money for Ukraine and now boom sending them sacks full of cash.  Makes no sense.  We have no need to compromise with Dems here, and in this case just bending over giving them what they want.
View Quote

He caved and gave the dems everything they wanted; billions for Ukraine and omitted American border security.

Democratic leadership has already signaled they won't let the Republicans 86 him so he has nothing to worry about.

At this point it's all symbolic since he's essentially backed by house Democrats
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By callgood:
Who else would be dumb enough to put his/her name in the hat for Speaker of the House?

MTG?
View Quote

Unless MTG or Matt Gaetz put their hat in the ring for Speaker, no R in the House will be pure enough for those two.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Spasm:
View Quote

Remind the class how many Republicans versus Democrats there are in the House again...
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#21]
He's worse than Paul Ryan and McCarthy, but to late and even a bigger mess if he gets thrown out. FMJ !
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
He got billions for Ukraine and left out any semblance of border security. The democrats will save him if put to a vote and he knows it
View Quote

The "border security" the Dems wanted would have provided zero in terms of border security. No walls or barriers, just more bodies and money to process more illegals efficiently.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
We got you, fam.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/dems_png-3202774.JPG
View Quote

Last I remember, some in GD were against the McCarthy firing because the democrats "helped" the Republicans with their votes. I wonder if those same people will be for this ouster now that the democrats are saying they're going to help him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#24]
As others have at least alluded to:  Why would we want to take the focus off the dems implosion?
Keep the news cycle focused on Biden's failures not the republican's.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

The "border security" the Dems wanted would have provided zero in terms of border security. No walls or barriers, just more bodies and money to process more illegals efficiently.
View Quote

Well obviously this but last I checked the R's in the house had a say.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
View Quote

This , dems will save him .  He said " No Ukraine aid without a secure southern border " ,  he committed and reneged.  

Hamas refugees funded with $3.5 Billion in the bill . WTF .
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#28]
If Massie is in, I'm in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:26:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#29]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:
And then one day, for no reason at all, the republicans lost control of the house, the senate, and the WH.
View Quote
You realize most Republicans don't support funding Ukraine right? And they strongly support border security.

So they already lost control.  This is the issue with this personality type, if you betray them they will seek redress.  Democrats are more likely to play for the team.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By craig24680:
View Quote

HE IS THE REAL ISSUE.

Was he not the swing vote on FISA?

Did he promise border security before Ukrainian aid?

FFS, man.

Identify and purge the compromised RINO's.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#31]
As a side note.

WTF is up with the statists around here?  Holy shit people.

GD has to be some kind of Op.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:33:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#32]
MTG: We need someone to believe all the conspiracy theories I do!!!111oneone Keep going through leaders till we find one!!

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Marjorie Taylor Greene reveals she will try to oust Speaker Mike Johnson next week and claims he is part of 'MUGA' (Make Ukraine Great Again) after he pushed $61 billion in aid

He once again brushed off her threat.

'I don't spend a lot of time thinking about her,' the speaker said. 'I got to do my job, and we do the right thing, and we let the chips fall where they may. That is my philosophy. That is how we are governing.'

Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., who has joined Greene in her bid to wrest the gavel from Johnson, insisted Greene is the 'most serious representative up here.'

Continued
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Ask yourself, WHY DOES NOBODY WANT THAT JOB?

Why is there no one to replace him?  

Stop asking who will replace him or stating there is no one to replace him.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#35]
The house will never stop the run away spending.

How is a speaker going to stop the spending?  

Shut down the government down and have 24/7 news coverage about mean politicians shutting off the freebies and not paying government workers and all but guarantee the other party gains seats?

Never going to happen. It sounds good but there is too much momentum for anyone to make a meaningful difference.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By xd341:
You realize most Republicans don't support funding Ukraine right? And they strongly support border security.

So they already lost control.  This is the issue with this personality type, if you betray them they will seek redress.  Democrats are more likely to play for the team.

View Quote

Republicans have like a 2 person majority in the 435 member house. Many of whom do support Ukraine funding. The democrats control the senate and WH.  The republicans simply don’t have a seat at the head of the table right now. And the likes of MTG throwing a temper tantrum everytime she doesn’t get her way only works to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:36:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#37]
ridiculous

will accomplish nothing -- just more dysfunction

BTW :  Trump SUPPORTS Johnson

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-support-mike-johnson/2024/04/23/id/1162046/

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Marjorie Taylor Greene reveals she will try to oust Speaker Mike Johnson next week and claims he is part of 'MUGA' (Make Ukraine Great Again) after he pushed $61 billion in aid

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/01/14/84321261-13371361-image-a-1_1714571199591.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/04/30/16/84274693-13367431-image-a-11_1714490378852.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/01/14/84320707-13371361-image-a-2_1714571212076.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/01/15/84321265-13371361-image-a-13_1714572655880.jpg

He once again brushed off her threat.

'I don't spend a lot of time thinking about her,' the speaker said. 'I got to do my job, and we do the right thing, and we let the chips fall where they may. That is my philosophy. That is how we are governing.'

Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., who has joined Greene in her bid to wrest the gavel from Johnson, insisted Greene is the 'most serious representative up here.'

Continued
View Quote

We're done for.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:37:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#39]
His loyal dem Uke bros will shut that right down

Make Joe Rich Again
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Same old, same old hasn't exactly worked out real well. Rinos aren't showing they're all that different than dems.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
ridiculous

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-support-mike-johnson/2024/04/23/id/1162046/

View Quote
Trump can be quite the idiot....Who cares at this point, its Trump or Biden.  Who you gonna vote for?

At this point its stupid to continue to point out all of Trumps obvious flaws.  You get a do over next go round.  Until then BIDEN IS NOT THE ANSWER.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:39:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MaverickH1] [#42]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
ridiculous

View Quote

Who gives a fuck what Trump wants?  He's a moron when it comes to the legislative process.

That's one of the reasons he tried to support Massie's primary challenger when Massie dared to slow down Pelosi's TrumpBux bill that Trump was begging for without knowing what was in it.

Trump never cares about the details.  A good legislator HAS to care about the details.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#43]
What's the worst case? We get another Rino who tells us he loves us while banging our enemies.
He hates us just as much as Pelosi.
If you don't have principles your worthless to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#44]
reminds me of the opening beach scene in the movie "The big red one" where the CO keeps ordering another soldier to move the breaching charges a little further as each preceding one gets killed.
He already did his damage.
Next one, you're up!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Mike Johnson was a nobody. They are all just scapegoats at this point. FMTG with a rusty pipe.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

Remind the class how many Republicans versus Democrats there are in the House again...
View Quote

Remind the class how many rinos quit just this year paving the way for more democraps to keep gaining seats.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Johnson has proven to be a typical "Bush League" politician of the kind we were warned about.

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
--Cicero
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Republicans have like a 2 person majority in the 435 member house. Many of whom do support Ukraine funding. The democrats control the senate and WH.  The republicans simply don't have a seat at the head of the table right now. And the likes of MTG throwing a temper tantrum everytime she doesn't get her way only works to keep it that way.
View Quote
The speaker has control of what gets scheduled for a vote.  The speaker is a republican who's constituents didn't support this deal.

If the tables were turned Pelosi would have never held that vote...never.  

Why put Republicans in power if they don't know what to do with it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:42:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreeCarolina] [#49]
They won't allow anyone to become speaker that is not part of the uniparty. Unfortunately for them, Mike Johnson was exposed as a fraud rather quickly.

Unfortunately for us, nothing will change if you remove him.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FreeCarolina:
They won't allow anyone to become speaker that is not part of the uniparty. Unfortunately for them, Mike Johnson was exposed as a fraud rather quickly.

Unfortunately for us, nothing will change if you remove him.

View Quote

The more accurate statement is that nothing will change if you don't remove him.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top