Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/30/2024 9:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks]
Can't remember if I posted this before but here goes anyway.

Maybe 20-25 years ago, I had a friend named "Duane".  Duane was a loner, he resisted any sort of authority (which made him a difficult employee), he was a VN vet with PTSD.  He was a troubled soul but he and I hit it off very well.  Used to go shooting, he did some odd jobs for me, etc.  He always treated me well, did good work for me, and was fair in our work dealings.  After his divorce, he moved out to the So Cal desert and bought a place.  It wasn't much, but it was his and he was happy.

Anyhow, he hooked up with a GF who was methed up.  Rumor was, he told her to take a hike.  I cannot confirm.  He came home late one night, and she was there waiting.  She shot him in the chest with his own gun - a Ruger .22 lr revolver - which I had shot several times.  She was arrested.  Rumor was, some of Duane's friends posted her bail, and she was never heard from again.  Once again, I cannot confirm.  But knowing his friends, it's certainly plausible.  

The desert is a big place.  Can confirm.

RIP Duane.  I miss you, bro.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes I have.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was a senior in high school some friends and I saw the neighbors wife on the porch messing with his 10-22 and thought maybe she had seen a raccoon or armadillo and thought nothing of it.  A few hours later we see ambulances and cops at their house, she had shot and killed him with the rifle we saw her messing with.  Her dad got her a sweet deal at a county jail instead of prison and she was out in a few years.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:34:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firedog51d] [#3]
Wife's cousin.  24 years old with a new baby.  Some POS Detroit hoodrat.

Hoodrat went into a decent neighborhood to commit crimes and killed him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Nextdoor neighbor. Got a flat on the interstate and pulled off an exit to change his tire. Shot in the head for his wallet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:37:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azjeeper] [#5]
Three.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Anthony Sessions. He was a professor at the University of Florida. He was murdered by a Gay prostitute over a drug deal that went bad.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Too many.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes and he was a good friend and member here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]
yes
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep. Friends and family. In all cases where the killer was known killed by prior felons they had no relation to other than geographical location. Don't live by people statistically likely to commit violent crimes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes
Friends and relatives.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes. Kid I knew growing up. Shot and killed at 18. Wrong place, wrong time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#13]
In 1985 my cousin Gary was shot by three 17 year olds.  They'd stolen a neighbors car and it had a pistol in the glovebox.  They saw Gary walking down the road at night, offered him a ride, drove to an industrial part where they took turns shooting him to "know what it felt like".  They got 3 years, each.

A few years ago my friend Stephanie's boyfriend died of an overdose.  She went looking for the person that sold the fentanyl-laced heroin.  She was going to trap houses and asking around too much.  Guess she got too close. She was found dead in a trap house with a needle in her arm.  Not heroin, rat poison mixed with bug spray.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife's last Dr, who we knew well, was shot in the head by his wife one night as he slept. She was a complete nut job but we never saw that coming.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Back when I was a little kid, second grade, I’d ride the bus to my grandparents house after school. My granddad would take me down to the nearby small town gas station/soda fountain for a coke and hotdog. One day I got to their house and he said we couldn’t go that day. Or ever again. Turns out some ‘youths’ had robbed and murdered both of the old men who owned and ran that small town Louisiana gas station. I was too young to really understand it then but my grandfather gave me a talk about things that I’ll always remember and I still hold dear to this day. That was 40 something years back. I miss him dearly but I’m glad he doesn’t have to see how things have devolved.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife's last Dr, who we knew well, was shot in the head by his wife one night as he slept. She was a complete nut job but we never saw that coming.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#17]
My cousin and one of our friends. We were inseparable growing up.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2005/03/13/shots-kill-2-at-qns-nightclub/  
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#18]
By cancer, yes...a lot.

By another human, no. Thankfully...
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#19]
OP, it’d be pretty easy for you to confirm if she skipped bail and was never heard from again by googling “Duane murder case”
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep. Still unsolved after almost 10 years
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#21]
A classmate. Angela Singer was stabbed 70+ times by her pimp/boyfriend in Houston, TX a couple years after graduation (class of 88).

In season 2 of the old Fox show "Sightings" her killer was in an episode saying "I didn't kill her. My master, Satan, killed her."

He's in a Texas mental health prison and will likely never leave.

I remember her being gross, but nice. She was okay to talk with but she also bragged about the good sex with her male family members. She became middle school legend by walking in to the boy's locker room and offering to take any and all. She clearly had a wire down, but she didn't deserve to die that horrible death. I wish she had been able to find peace in her life.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Riflenoob:
OP, it’d be pretty easy for you to confirm if she skipped bail and was never heard from again by googling “Duane murder case”
View Quote

I agree, but I'm not that curious.  There's skipping bail, and then there's skipping bail.  I hope she got what she deserved.  Duane certainly didn't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sirgilbert357:
By cancer, yes...a lot.

By another human, no. Thankfully...
View Quote

Cancer sucks, but I meant murder in the traditional sense.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I know Larry Smith. I used to walk my little sister to school. Larry would walk with us since he went to the same school as my sister.
He is a good kid. Larry's father cut off his older brother's head.
Boy Says Father Beheaded Brother Because Of Devil
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#25]
1996, my aunt, her best friend’s husband, and a 16 year girl living with my aunt and cousin.
My aunt’s husband came home in a drunken rage and shot my aunt in the living room.  He then went upstairs and shot the young girl while she sat on her bed in terror.
He then called their friend’s house down the street and proceeded to tell the husband what he did.  The husband handed my aunt’s best friend the phone and told her to call 911 and stay put.  He then ran down the street and confronted my aunt’s husband at the front door, where he was shot.  He died on the front step as police officers talked my aunt’s husband into putting the gun down and giving up.

Dick head died in prison in 2002, his drinking caught up to him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I knew a guy who was playing quick dray with his semi-retarded brother. SRB had a loaded gun.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Another time in middle school one of my classmates was murdered. His dad owned a jewelry store. He went there after school. Place got robbed and everyone there was executed. That only sealed what my grandfather taught me a few years earlier. Derrick was a middle schooler. What kind of animal executes a middle schooler?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Had a great aunt beaten to death.

Downstairs neighbor went missing before the cops came looking for him, wanted him for murder.  Unrelated to my great aunt's death.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve known more people that ended up murdering someone else…
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#30]
A guy I knew (and knew his wife) murdered his wife after she left him for another guy. Cody went to the new guy’s house when he knew they were both there, and put three .357s into each of them. He then went back home, sat down by a big oak in his backyard, and shot himself. Three months later his dad sat down at the same tree and ate a bullet as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes. A childhood friends younger sister. RIP Jade. Fucker was sentenced to death but died in prison because of our dem governors.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep.  Best friends parents were killed in front of a trailer of some drunken bullshit.  

Also known a murder.  Guy I went to high school with pulled over, made his passenger get out, and executed him on the side of the interstate.  Meth was involved in that one
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Girl I went to HS with, and actually took to a dance or two, got killed when the fast food place she was working at was held up.  She gave them all the money in the cash drawer, and they shot her on their way out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Unfortunately, yes.  Good friend of mine and a hell of a 'bone player...

Mark Horner
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe.

Relative of my wife supposedly committed suicide a few years back. Family rumor says that she either had "assistance" or was told "I don't think you have the nerve."

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Several
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I knew two little old ladies who were beaten to death by young men who had done maintenance work for them. One of the kid's dad was a cop.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#39]
several. probably a dozen.

I also knew 2 women and 1 guy who have been missing and presumed dead for years. those are very sad. their families have no closer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ming_The_Merciless] [#40]
When I was in college I worked a night job.

not one, but two of my co-workers died from going to local parties, where a disrespect happened, a fight broke out and then someone started shooting.  One was Hispanic and the other Black.  Both the nicest folks you could imagine & great friends.  Evidently in both deaths, they were each trying to "stop the fight", and got shot dead for their efforts as "peacemakers".  I went to both of their funerals.

Really reinforced the "John Derbyshire Rules" - which are completely verbotten in these Ultra PC days, but I have found over the years to be 100% accurate.

I had a sit down with my son and discussed the subject and related my own experiences of having not one but two friends die because they though they could "blend in" when all they really did was stand out to be targeted.  

Know WHERE you are, WHO is around you & WHAT they are up too is a good rule for helping keep you safe & alive.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#41]
When I was active duty, a chief friend of mine in Weapons Dept on the TR (CVN71) was shot and killed during a carjacking in Norfolk VA.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Powderfinger] [#42]
Three people.
One was my wife's doctor who was killed while making a big heroin purchase.
https://www.koin.com/news/crime/new-trial-to-begin-for-tigard-docs-convicted-killer/
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes, multiple, and the murderer in one case.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Just one
Teena Brandon
From the Boys Don't Cry movie

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes. A few.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Great uncle that was killed by a disgruntled former employee.

A high school classmate killed at a party.

College classmate that went missing under suspicious circumstances and has never been found. Presumed murdered.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By fingas:
When I was a senior in high school some friends and I saw the neighbors wife on the porch messing with his 10-22 and thought maybe she had seen a raccoon or armadillo and thought nothing of it.  A few hours later we see ambulances and cops at their house, she had shot and killed him with the rifle we saw her messing with.  Her dad got her a sweet deal at a county jail instead of prison and she was out in a few years.
View Quote

County jail isn’t normally a sweet deal compared to prison, just the opposite.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I can't think of anyone that I knew well. Knew of? Sure. A few friends of friends.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorta knew these folks. Others in my family knew them pretty well.
The car was found a few feet off off our property.

The killer and his buddies broke into our cabin and hung out while they waited for the heat to die down.

Family Murdered in Wisconsin
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I helped train up a young female airman when she joined our squadron. Nice gal. She ended up dating and marrying a fellow squadron member. Got orders to a new base, had a kid. Her husband strangled her in the apartment, waited 2 days, then went in to work, leaving her body and the kid at the apartment. Local PD did a welfare check found her. They called the base and the husband ended up suck starting his weapon.
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2015/09/23/police-altus-airman-killed-wife-then-himself/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top