Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:04:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#1]
Freaking pass the bills already. I'm tired of seeing this in the news every week, if not every day. Figure out what's to be done with Johnson afterwards and return to focusing on internal problems.

Taiwan needs help, Israel kinda needs help, but Ukraine definitely needs our continued help while Europe picks up the slack.

And by all means, this certainly wont be the end, but this buys time for friendly nations to continue to survive the onslaught of aggression in the world.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

A billion here, a billion there...pretty soon we are talking real money.
View Quote

Like the several trillion we spend each year on entitlements?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By eolian:
I saw some tweets about an hour ago showing Schumer gloating and saying Johnson is giving us everything we want.
View Quote

Be sure to thank Gaetz and co for throwing away all the leverage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Gudabeg:

Like the several trillion we spend each year on entitlements?
View Quote

Which we can’t afford either but who cares.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
Johnson is compromised IMHO.

First, Johnson solidly opposes FISA.  

Then he gets a "classified briefing" from the FBI.  

All of a sudden, he reverses 180 degrees.  Not only on this, but everything.  The border, Ukraine, all of it.  

This "classified briefing" was in reality the FBI showing him the kompromat, and bringing him in line with doing whatever the administration wants.

And they tell him "if anyone asks why you changed your position, say that what you heard in a classified briefing convinced you that this was the right thing to do, and that since it's classified, you cannot discuss it."

Am I over the target?
View Quote

Or he saw just how many threats are ID’d with FISA and decided he’d rather not be the guy who got rid of our security against them.

Backbenchers don’t have to be serious. Leadership does.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Haub:
Freaking pass the bills already. I'm tired of seeing this in the news every week, if not every day. Figure out what's to be done with Johnson afterwards and return to focusing on internal problems.

Taiwan needs help, Israel kinda needs help, but Ukraine definitely needs our continued help while Europe picks up the slack.

And by all means, this certainly wont be the end, but this buys time for friendly nations to continue to survive the onslaught of aggression in the world.
View Quote

Give up all your leverage and then fix things. GTFOH.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The win/loss ratio for left/right at this point is so complete, why bother to stay? Washington is coming for everything you own.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Nobody new is being convinced by bullshitty headlines like "To Pay Off Ukrainian Leader Zelensky".  It's eye roll worthy at this point, in fact.

Stacking dead Russians in the best thing my tax money has been spot on that I can remember, and for a teeny tiny fraction of what Iraq and Afghanistan cost us.  

We need to send them Tomahawks.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Or he saw just how many threats are ID’d with FISA and decided he’d rather not be the guy who got rid of our security against them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

All of a sudden, he reverses 180 degrees.  Not only on this, but everything.  The border, Ukraine, all of it.  

This "classified briefing" was in reality the FBI showing him the kompromat, and bringing him in line with doing whatever the administration wants.

And they tell him "if anyone asks why you changed your position, say that what you heard in a classified briefing convinced you that this was the right thing to do, and that since it's classified, you cannot discuss it."

Am I over the target?

That’s a fucking lie.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FMJ3:

He could have at least appended HR2 (or an exact copy) to that spending bill that will have very little oversight.   At least let the taxpayers who are getting fleeced get something out of the deal.
View Quote

The bill has oversight.

And there’s an equal chance of HR2 passing as there was of Dems getting amnesty for all illegals in 2019.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stickfigure:
$95B is mortgaging our future away?!?

Our Nation's future hangs on giving away $95B?

$32 trilion spend on bullshit and our future hangs on this?
View Quote
Shhh, youre not supposed to ignore the distraction attempts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#13]

The bill has oversight.

And there's an equal chance of HR2 passing as there was of Dems getting amnesty for all illegals in 2019.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FMJ3:

He could have at least appended HR2 (or an exact copy) to that spending bill that will have very little oversight.   At least let the taxpayers who are getting fleeced get something out of the deal.

The bill has oversight.

And there's an equal chance of HR2 passing as there was of Dems getting amnesty for all illegals in 2019.

Sure there is.  

So make HR2 part of any spending boondoggle the dems want, don't just bend over and let them go balls deep.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

View All Quotes

Lol.. leverage. That doesnt exist until we actually have solid majorities in house and senate.

This is just a clown show on slim margins and invokes more fighting within while stalling everything else.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Pretty much this.
View Quote

Did I miss where they put protections in place to prevent future misuse of the FISA system or is that just something we’re going to have to live with?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:

Did I miss where they put protections in place to prevent future misuse of the FISA system or is that just something we’re going to have to live with?
View All Quotes

Pretty much this.

You missed nothing, it’s meant for us.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
No, not really.  The federal govt has spent well over 5 trillion dollars a year for domestic reasons the last 5ish years. The hilarious bickering over 100 billion is just funny to me. Then we end up with people here complaining 'but WHY ARENT YOU SPENDING IT HERE' while ignoring the trillions spent here.  The biggest problem the US has is social program spending.  The end.  Nothing else comes close to it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Lol.. leverage. That doesnt exist until we actually have solid majorities in house and senate.

This is just a clown show on slim margins and invokes more fighting within while stalling everything else.

View Quote

Leverage doesn’t exist then either. There is more pussy within the Republican Party than there is on OnlyFans.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]

You missed nothing, it’s meant for us.
View Quote

Yeah I know. Just sad seeing people willingly accept it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]

It was the renewal of FISA that this supposed "classified briefing" occurred over. Nothing to do with Ukraine.

After this, Johnson completely reversed his position.

And no I don't think "the sitting president" sent anyone. He isn't even awake.

The FBI can, and does do the goon thing all by themselves. FISA abuses by them (278,000 of them between 2016 and 2020) are well documented and are a major source of their power.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/12/10/ig-report-fbi-fisa-abuse-secret-court-trump-campaign-column/4383722002/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fbi-misused-intelligence-database-278000-searches-court-says-2023-05-19/

And not one of them fired over it.

If you believe the FBI simply has too much integrity to do something like approaching Johnson with kompromat that they clearly have exercised illegal access to, then please, say that out loud.

View Quote

I mean, its all just cover stories isn't it?

Once you go down the rabbit hole, was there ever really a rabbit in the first place?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#21]
So those of us who said Matt Gaetz was acting foolishly, were right?
View Quote
Nope. You think McCarthy was any different?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Does misuse of FISA warrants somehow mean they’ve also never been used for their lawful intended purpose?

It’s not possible that Johnson actually got a peak behind the curtain and determined that their continued use is in the net best interests for the national security of the nation?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Nobody new is being convinced by bullshitty headlines like "To Pay Off Ukrainian Leader Zelensky".  It's eye roll worthy at this point, in fact.

Stacking dead Russians in the best thing my tax money has been spot on that I can remember, and for a teeny tiny fraction of what Iraq and Afghanistan cost us.  

View Quote

You know what is a better use of this money? Securing the border and deporting everyone who is here illegally. Then, after that, we can start thinking about foreign aid. The wide open border is a bigger threat than Russia invading us.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah I know. Just sad seeing people willingly accept it.
View Quote

I’m not arguing for FISA warrants.

I’m arguing it’s perfectly reasonable to assume Mike Johnson was legitimately convinced they are a net positive. Not everything has to be a deep state conspiracy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#26]

I’m not arguing for FISA warrants.

I’m arguing it’s perfectly reasonable to assume Mike Johnson was legitimately convinced they are a net positive. Not everything has to be a deep state conspiracy.
View Quote

FISA abuse is far from a conspiracy
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Let me know when speaker Johnson triples down on border security. Perhaps we can talk about giving money away to other countries after our country is 100% secure.

America.
American’s
American interests

In that order. And only that order.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:

You know what is a better use of this money? Securing the border and deporting everyone who is here illegally. Then, after that, we can start thinking about foreign aid. The wide open border is a bigger threat than Russia invading us.
View Quote

What's that have to do with the price of tea in China, tho?   Are you under the impression that the border would be secured but for the foreign aid sent to Ukraine?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Who was the last Republican SoH who didn't roll over to the Dems?

Gingrich? I honestly don't know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Think of all the money America saved not by sending any defense funds to Poland and Czech in the 1930s.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

He is now.  It really begs the question of what does the establishment have over these people?  Threats of violence, death, or financial ruin?  Promises of huge fortunes?  Someone doesn't go from Freedom Caucus to Establishment Loyalist over night without something major being threatened or promised.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Ask Gov. Kemp.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

What's that have to do with the price of tea in China, tho?   Are you under the impression that the border would be secured but for the foreign aid sent to Ukraine?
View Quote

It’s more that people are pissed because the GOP proves yet again that they actually don’t give a damn what their constituents want. It’s lip service to get in office then it’s just lip service to the nuts of the dems once they get there. These f’ing idiots couldn’t even bother to get campaign fodder by making the dems go on record voting against border security.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Show us what Russia did to America to deserve the title of "enemy" since Glastnost.  Besides opposing our meddling in their traditionally allied, satellite states.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I absolutely agree.  We’ve gotten a lot of value during this war, and if dead, crippled, burnt up, exploded and floating face down Russians are this big of a bargain, I say let’s have some more.  Lots more.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:29:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mooreshawnm] [#35]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Surely the next Republican Speaker will be a hardcore conservative MAGA supporter. If only it weren't for a handful of RINOs that thwart the overwhelming MAGA majority, we wouldn't be having these problems.
View Quote

Your state seems to be having quite the influence over the right. You of course approve.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#36]
$95B is mortgaging our future away?!?

Our Nation's future hangs on giving away $95B?

$32 trilion spend on bullshit and our future hangs on this?
View Quote

Yeah, 95B is chump change, it's only the equivalent of taking every penny earned from 1,266,000 households at the average income of 75k a year.  
 Or if you split it evenly between the roughly 143M federal taxpayers its only 664.00.
 If a person is so inclined i suggest they donate of their own accord to the Ukraine war effort.
  This is going to be a long slog and I don't see Russia leaving.
  It is not just this aid, financially the USA is a killing itself by a death of a thousand cuts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#38]
unloading $95B in surplus hardware?
View Quote

This talking point has been debunked hundreds of times. People still repeating it are a special kind of dense
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 2sledgehammers:

Anybody remember the collapse of the Soviet Union?

The short version is we got them to spend themselves in to collapse.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2sledgehammers:

Anybody remember the collapse of the Soviet Union?

The short version is we got them to spend themselves in to collapse.

And now they are doing that.......to us!  

How many ABMs did we use up in the Iranian attack?  How many do you think we have left, and do you think Russia and China have gathered the intel they were looking for in regards to our ABM real world performance?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I have Downs Syndrome mother fucker and even I know that’s retarded.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Approve what?
View Quote

Since you guys are ground zero for the open border, I’m surprised you’re not a bit pissed off that border security just got sacrificed for UKR.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

View Quote

I am saying I don’t want any money sent to anyone for any foreign aid until the border is secure and all the illegals are deported. It is that simple. The border and illegals pose a bigger threat to us here than Russia does invading Ukraine. Again, that simple.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Fuckem all.  This shit has nothing in it for MY friendly nation to continue to survive the onslaught of aggression coming over the border.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Am I over the target?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:40:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZitiForBreakfast] [#46]
And there was Trump the other day..

Bragging on Johnson at Mar a Lago.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#47]
So these assholes are taking another $644 of my money (and from every other US taxpayer) to give to Ukraine.  

Alternatively, they are just printing the shit as fast and hard as they can, to pad the wallets of the global elites until they eventually collapse the dollar, which cushions them against the instant devaluation of it and puts them all another rung higher on the ladder when the system converts to digital currency.  

Either way, FUCK THAT SHIT!  Stop this fucking train!

Also, I thought Johnson first stated project was to quit offering up Omnibus shitshow bills where you have to vote up or down on both paying to fund Social Security checks next week AND $100gazillion dollars for the grifter of the week......

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#48]

You think any money was going from Biden toward border enforcement?
View Quote

Well it’s definitely not going to now. So we win by losing right?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

He is now.  It really begs the question of what does the establishment have over these people?  Threats of violence, death, or financial ruin?  Promises of huge fortunes?  Someone doesn't go from Freedom Caucus to Establishment Loyalist over night without something major being threatened or promised.  
View Quote

"Plata o plomo."
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TheKill:
So these assholes are taking another $644 of my money (and from every other US taxpayer) to give to Ukraine.  

Alternatively, they are just printing the shit as fast and hard as they can, to pad the wallets of the global elites until they eventually collapse the dollar, which cushions them against the instant devaluation of it and puts them all another rung higher on the ladder when the system converts to digital currency.  

Either way, FUCK THAT SHIT!  Stop this fucking train!

Also, I thought Johnson first stated project was to quit offering up Omnibus shitshow bills where you have to vote up or down on both paying to fund Social Security checks next week AND $100gazillion dollars for the grifter of the week......

View Quote

https://thehill.com/business/4597395-something-will-have-to-give-imf-sounds-alarm-on-us-debt/
Page / 10
Top Top