Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2024 1:08:58 PM EDT
I want to get started with Python to support some of the stuff the wife and I do online. What's the best interpreter to start out with?
I have some schooling in C, C++, and worked with PHP several years ago.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the latest stable release for your OS.  https://www.python.org/downloads/
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I just downloaded it!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JCoop:
What do y'all think are the benefits of Python over other languages? I'm a long time java coder (and therefore biased ). I messed around learning some Python a bit and came to the conclusion that it's the answer to a question that has never been asked.
View Quote

Lots of libraries written for it.  It's a scripting language that glues together a lot of other work and has found a great deal of use in ML and AI research as a result.  Basically it's "how to use a computer" for non SWEs.

All the numeric libraries used by the ML crowd are written in C, Fortran, or C++.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JCoop:
What do y'all think are the benefits of Python over other languages? I'm a long time java coder (and therefore biased ). I messed around learning some Python a bit and came to the conclusion that it's the answer to a question that has never been asked.
View Quote

Do you have a moment to speak about our Lord and Savior Kotlin?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Top Top