Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/1/2024 5:28:22 PM EDT
My kids got all his letters down and can write his name.

He also built his first Lego set without any help.

Personally I made rifleman a few weeks ago which was nice.

Go.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I just drove my in-laws to the airport.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Kids(7 and 5) are doing well, work is going well, plenty of brass on hand. Finally joined after lurking on and off since 08.

Awaiting something to arrive from the EE 🤞

Can’t complain
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FG24U:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
All in all I am at a great point in my life. But that being said, my daughter graduates college next weekend.  Very proud of her.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
All in all I am at a great point in my life. But that being said, my daughter graduates college next weekend.  Very proud of her.
View Quote

Awesome, cheers!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My cat really likes the new food that I got for her.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Couldn’t say.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m retiring in August at a point in my life where I’ve never had it better at a job…I can’t wait.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R2point0] [#9]
I just passed 5 years with my current GF, which is the longest since my divorce.

I'm well regarded at work and in my community of interest.

My adult kids are doing ok - life stresses, but nothing out of the ordinary. I still worry about them, though.

Financially, I'm in the black and (belatedly) saving for retirement.

Life is pretty good. I'm just waiting for it to all go to shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FG24U:
View Quote

/end thread
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got this little girl back from training…she’s pointing and holding her birds well at 8 months.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Marriage is awesome, bio kids doing great, foster kids fixin to reunify with their parents, and currently have a 100% in nurse practitioner school.

Life is fantastic and I am grateful for every day God gives me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I shaved my balls without cutting anything.

Made another mortgage payment.

My lazy boy recliner is very comfortable.

And my beer is ice cold.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I just retired, and yes, it's highly underrated.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By beardog30:
Just got this little girl back from training…she’s pointing and holding her birds well at 8 months.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/303487/IMG_6941_jpeg-3203082.JPG

View Quote

And she can float! (Dad joke on camoflauge)
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m still breathing, no one is shooting at me, my family is happy, healthy and enjoying life. I have a job, closer to retirement every day. The lord has blessed me and my family.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#18]
Originally Posted By mikencp226:
I just retired, and yes, it's highly underrated.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Myself and family are alive and healthy. My daughter is about to get her drivers license/turn 16 in a few weeks. Son is enjoying baseball tournaments. Wife is enjoying not working.
Business is very slow and operating costs have skyrocketed, so I’m barely sleeping, trying to stay as positive as possible.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Not a whole lot, at the moment.

However, I did finally find the woman with whom I plan to marry and spend the rest of my life with…………so I guess I should probably shut up and be happy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By scopedope:
I’m still breathing, no one is shooting at me, my family is happy, healthy and enjoying life. I have a job, closer to retirement every day. The lord has blessed me and my family.
View Quote

Oh, and no one is shooting at me. That’s always something to be thankful for!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StraightShootinGal] [#22]
That I'm standing up for myself and working on a lot of life changes....

That despite the odds, I'm staying strong and standing tall against evil.

It's hard and I have a lot of anxiety, but was listening to people share their stories - where I take comfort in knowing I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I have two great girlfriends and a wonderful best friend. Just finished real estate school and am going to be selling these overpriced high interest rate houses to those who refuse to pull up their boot straps and get it on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:
Myself and family are alive and healthy. My daughter is about to get her drivers license/turn 16 in a few weeks. Son is enjoying baseball tournaments. Wife is enjoying not working.
Business is very slow and operating costs have skyrocketed, so I’m barely sleeping, trying to stay as positive as possible.
View Quote

Your daughter has NO idea just how lucky she is to have a father with a kickass 911.

I’m dripping with jealousy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#25]
well, i'm not dead, so...
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#26]
EVERYTHING!

God is good.  My wife, my kids, my job, etc - all amazing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#27]
I start a new job in 12 days. Pay is much better and so is career growth potential.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zoomer302] [#28]
My wife of 37 years loves the hell out of me.  I can't for the life of me comprehend how such a beautiful, intelligent, ambitious and caring person would be married to a shlub like me for almost 40 years .

Both kids are college educated successful and moved out kids.  Finances are OK and I'm starting at retirement whenever I choose.  Could be in 2 weeks or 5 years.  So much to consider before I do it.  But NOTHING else matters other than the fact that I found the love of my life and convinced her to be my soul mate forever.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#29]
My GF's doctor's visits all went well, my two teenaged grandkids and their parents are doing well, my ex-wife and her sisters are doing well, my son's inlaws are doing well and my younger brother is doing well. I'm above ground.

I'm happy for all that, but the state of the United Staes, not so much.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Out of 5 daughters. We have 7 granddaughters and 3 grandsons! We just found out that our 4th grandson will be here in Sept!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:

Your daughter has NO idea just how lucky she is to have a father with a kickass 911.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By W202fan90:
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

Thx! She’s embarrassed to ride in it if her friends are around (soccer practice/school pickups) she and my son are very modest/humble which I appreciate.
I’ve tried to get her to drive it multiple times - she refuses to lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Everything is going well lately so life is great!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Koa:
Out of 5 daughters. We have 7 granddaughters and 3 grandsons! We just found out that our 4th grandson will be here in Sept!
View Quote

Congrats!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:12:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#34]
My kids aren't in Government School

I'm caught up on my CPEs for all my certs; CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CISA and some others.

My kids are shooting a lot and doing it safely.  My 7yo wants to shoot 12ga, 5.56 and 9mm but mostly just gets .22.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#35]
My kids and my wife are my bright spots
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#36]
My three month old granddaughter was baptized last week and is doing well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm working on a ton of goals.

My kids are happy and healthy and intelligent.

I'm not at the top of the mountsin enjoying the view yet, but I've made tremendous strides on my goals in the past few years and I have no doubt I'll get there one day. I need to be better about enjoying the journey though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Not a fucking thing
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#39]
My daughter is still cancer-free and finished treatment a couple of weeks ago.

My son is healthy and continues to be a pain in the ass, but in a good way.

My wife is healthy and my marriage is great.

Both kids are doing well in school.

My bills are paid, my home loan interest rate is 2.375%, and I bought my house at the bottom in 2019.

I have a job that I enjoy, working for a great employer and I don't have to deal with any woke nonsense or DEI bullshit. I like the people I work with and most of the people who report to me generally do a good job and actually give a shit.

We are going on a family cruise next week to celebrate end of daughter's treatment and the weather looks good.
My air conditioning works.

I shot a 2-gun match last weekend and didn't get DQ'd and finished in the top 2/3.

I can still post in GD.

There's plenty more, but this is just what comes to mind offhand.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Got out of bed this morning with nothing hurting that wasn't hurting yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm 66 years old, still upright every day.
I take no drugs at all.
I hope to retire on June of 2025.

and I can still get it up !
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:44:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#42]
Finally made it out of CA. Found a house almost right away after moving into a short-term rental, which is awesome because the rental is less than ideal, lol. But, it’s shelter, which I am grateful for. Home purchase is going smoothly so far. Can’t wait to get moved into our first home purchased as a married couple
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#43]
After a 2 year probate case I’m finally getting my inheritance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
My kids got all his letters down and can write his name.

He also built his first Lego set without any help.

Personally I made rifleman a few weeks ago which was nice.

Go.
View Quote

my family loves me -  stressful job and finances aren’t the greatest these days
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I woke up today.

Always a good start.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#46]
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald  striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one   big hitter, the Lama   long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga  gunga, gunga-galunga.

So we finish eighteen and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Life is an incessant series of problems. All difficult, with brutally limited choices - and a time limit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4K] [#48]
My son just pitched a 1 hit shut out.  Struck out 10 in a mercy rule 5 inning game.  Threw several pitches 94+.  Cruises at 92.

My 19 year old has finally decided that having no money sucks. She got an excellent job for being 19 at our local hospital.  She is finishing her BSN next year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#49]
We tried to hold out until next week to start the AC in the house. I ran some vinegar through the drain pipes last week.

Turned it on today. Holy crap! It was too cold within an hour. The ceiling fans help.

Fuck APS. This Summer might not suck as badly as last year. $$$$

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I got the best hug of my entire life from my two year old son when I picked him up from daycare today. It may not sound like much, but that really lifted me up.

I also start my new job on Monday. Pay raise, all inside work in a climate controlled facility (I've been working outside for the last decade), 20 days of PTO (currently I get none), and pretty good benefits and incentives offered by the company.

And my wife said she's gonna give me a blowjob tonight.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top