Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 9:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon]
My factory plastic plate cracked and now I need a new one. I've heard that the C&H plates can be spotty. What's the best metal RMR plate to get for full-size RMR?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spmx7777] [#1]
The Calculated Kinetics Dogtag is the bomb; mine works very well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
In light of the gas issue with the LCI cut-out, there are really only two viable options for people who shoot their 2.0's with any regularity/volume.

https://eleven71design.com/shop/p/smith-wesson-mp-20-aimpoint-acro

https://www.calculatedkinetics.us/products/smith-and-wesson-m-p-2-0-dogtag-optic-plate

Out of these two options, I'd go with Eleven71 based on the quality I've seen across the board from them. Helps that the owner seems like a good guy as well and is extremely responsive to customers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunsandgear:
In light of the gas issue with the LCI cut-out, there are really only two viable options for people who shoot their 2.0's with any regularity/volume.

https://eleven71design.com/shop/p/smith-wesson-mp-20-aimpoint-acro

https://www.calculatedkinetics.us/products/smith-and-wesson-m-p-2-0-dogtag-optic-plate

Out of these two options, I'd go with Eleven71 based on the quality I've seen across the board from them. Helps that the owner seems like a good guy as well and is extremely responsive to customers.
View Quote

I was not aware of that. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the c&h plate on mine. Are any of these pther option thinner allowing the irons ro be more useable?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon] [#6]
As far as the gas issue is concerned, I really wish I could find an aftermarket barrel without a LCI cut-out but I don't know if any are out there.

I think I like the idea of that CK plate though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By spmx7777:
View Quote

Happy with mine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm running the c&h plate
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone with the CK Dogtag have any holster issues?  Their website claims it causes retention issues....

I have the C&H Plate, but would happily spend $60 to alleviate the gas issue.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KTangoMike:
Anyone with the CK Dogtag have any holster issues?  Their website claims it causes retention issues....

I have the C&H Plate, but would happily spend $60 to alleviate the gas issue.
View Quote

What holster do you have?  I’ve had no issue with the Dogtag and the Comp-Tac International holster for the M&P 9mm CORE with 5” barrel.

If it would help, I can post a photo later today if you want to see all that together.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]

What holster do you have?  I’ve had no issue with the Dogtag and the Comp-Tac International holster for the M&P 9mm CORE with 5” barrel.

If it would help, I can post a photo later today if you want to see all that together.
View Quote

For EDC/IDPA - T1C Axis elite

For USPSA/Training - ANR Designs OWB w/RTI hanger

Both are lightbearing (TLR7A) so my assumption is the plate shouldn't cause a problem.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BigSky171:

Happy with mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Happy with mine.

^this.

Well built and does what it claims about reducing the blowback from the LCI. The new ones work with ALS holsters, which was the only issue I had with the old style.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BlackbirdRider:

^this.

Well built and does what it claims about reducing the blowback from the LCI. The new ones work with ALS holsters, which was the only issue I had with the old style.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackbirdRider:

Happy with mine.

^this.

Will it work with a 6360rds holster? Cause that's what I have
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FlamingDragon:

View Quote

I run a newer 6354 and have no issues with an EPS.  But I'd email CK to be sure.  I did and they got back to me quickly.  Came with bit, screws, plate, and thread locker.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackbirdRider] [#15]
Originally Posted By FlamingDragon:

View Quote

Mine is a 6390. ALS only. Not sure what the difference is with a 6360, you might want to check with CK.

I tried a Dogtag for it last year and the face was too thick to release. Got the updated one a few weeks ago and it works great.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#16]
This LCI gas issue thing.  Is that only the CA pistols with the XD/XDM type bar on top?  Or the regular M&Ps with the small cut out at the back/top hood of the chamber area?

I'm curious as up to this point I'd never heard of it or experienced in with either of my factory OR guns that have the small cut out in the chamber/hood.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M1A4ME:
This LCI gas issue thing.  Is that only the CA pistols with the XD/XDM type bar on top?  Or the regular M&Ps with the small cut out at the back/top hood of the chamber area?

I'm curious as up to this point I'd never heard of it or experienced in with either of my factory OR guns that have the small cut out in the chamber/hood.
View Quote
In my opinion there is no LCI gas issue. I have an M&P10, two Shield Plus' and two M&P9 (1.0's with the slide cut) and have seen no evidence of any venting gas getting the optic dirty. I had never even heard of this issue until I came upon this thread and then had to look up what everyone was talking about. The M&P10 has at least 300 rounds through it since it has been cleaned and I don't see anything on the front of the optic. The Shield Plus's LCI holes are even closer to the optic than on the full sizes and don't see any problem there either.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#18]
The LCI gas issue happened to me with my M&P M2.0 CORE 9mm 5” using the original plastic sealing plate and Trijicon SRO. The optic would go from perfectly clean to noticeably dirty after a few hundred rounds. It’ll be ammo dependent too, I tend to use whatever factory ammo is cheapest, and probably dirtiest.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Is it venting gas out the back (all the way past the chambered case) or blowback during ejection of the empty?  

I've seen a difference, big difference, between cheaper 9MM ammo in a blowback operated AR15 9MM carbine.  Whole right side of the receivers (upper and lower) where coated in black soot after a couple boxes of ammo.

I've not seen that in the pistols.

I've seen low powered ammo blacked the brass farther down the outsides of the case than high pressure hollow points will.  The explanation for that is said to be the low pressure rounds just down seal the upper end of the case against the chamber as well due to the lower chamber pressure.  I can believe that.

Just not seen any issues with the pistols (Shield, Shield Plus, 2.0 .40 PC 4&1/4", 2.0 .40 5", 1.0 9MM 5" PC, all with dot optics on them.  All with the small half holes in the chamber rear and breechface upper front of the slide.  Don't have any with the CA style lever LCI.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:28:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PRYDE] [#20]
The calculated kinetics, FCD and eleven71 plates are an absolute No-go for me as they add a significant amount of thickness making the factory tall irons unusable IF you are using an RMR/SRO/507 optic.  
As far as I know, there are no manufacturer's that are currently making iron sights tall enough to co-witness with any of those plates.

If you want your factory irons to be usable with an RMR-pattern optic you only options are the factory plate, the C&H plate or the Chinese-made titanium plate linked below, imo the Chinese is the best and I've owned all 3.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C69476Z3/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&th=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top