Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2024 6:26:31 PM EDT
All gather round.
State Farm just quoted me 6k a year for 1 year on Vehicle Insurance. Who are your go to insurance companies.

Any local insurance companies around Loganville.

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Ford F150
2021 Chevy Blazer

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn my man, how bad is your driving record?  J/k, sort of. While probably not the cheapest, I’ve got my 23 Tacoma, a 96 S10, and my homeowners with State Farm and I’m sub 2k a year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Springer1911Fan:
Damn my man, how bad is your driving record?  J/k, sort of. While probably not the cheapest, I’ve got my 23 Tacoma, a 96 S10, and my homeowners with State Farm and I’m sub 2k a year.
View Quote

Driving record is great. No Accidents my fault got rear ended about 3 years ago. No tickets. Wife is spotless... I'm lost right now.

Credit score is high 700's/low 800's... Home owner.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Georgia Farm Bureau for my vehicles and home and I've never had an issue. For my two vehicles it's around $1800 for a year and home owner's insurance is sub $1000. I've never had a problem with them and they've paid out on every claim that I've made.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently switched to Mercury from Nationwide and before that State Farm. Car insurance (and home owners) has spiked horribly locally around here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By surplusnut:
I use Georgia Farm Bureau for my vehicles and home and I've never had an issue. For my two vehicles it's around $1800 for a year and home owner's insurance is sub $1000. I've never had a problem with them and they've paid out on every claim that I've made.
View Quote

Does one have to be a farmer or connected in some way with the farming industry to use this insurance? Sounds like a good deal.

Clark Howard said one needs to shop around every 4 - 5 years for insurance for better premium, he said it doesn't pay to stay loyal with a company as you are just a number to them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ARstudent:

Does one have to be a farmer or connected in some way with the farming industry to use this insurance? Sounds like a good deal.

Clark Howard said one needs to shop around every 4 - 5 years for insurance for better premium, he said it doesn't pay to stay loyal with a company as you are just a number to them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARstudent:

Nope, don't need to be a farmer and anyone can join. You do have to be a yearly member at the Bureau for the grand sum of, I believe, $35 per year. I think every county has an office, I know there was one in Gwinnett when I lived there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
As soon as we buy a minivan, I'm switching away from State Farm.  I've had them for a couple years, and while they initially saved me a decent amount, they are now almost 2x as much as others.  You really need to shop around somewhat frequently, rates seem to randomly change.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Also being abused by state farm and thinking about leaving.

Wife has liberty mutual several years now I think it's still reasonable. She also had a small claim when she got side swiped didn't have any claim drama.

Their commercials are stupid though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KoolOperator:

Their commercials are stupid though.
View Quote

Liberty / Bibberty  LOL

stupid, but catchy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Nope, don't need to be a farmer and anyone can join. You do have to be a yearly member at the Bureau for the grand sum of, I believe, $35 per year. I think every county has an office, I know there was one in Gwinnett when I lived there.
View Quote

Thank you so much.   I just realize that their local office is across the major road from my house, I can see them from here.  Apparently the agent works from home.  What's ironic is 1/4 of the house/building had a large tree fell on the roof a few weeks ago in a storm.  I hope they have a good policy. LOL
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#12]
All insurance companies will punish you for loyalty. You have to shop around every few years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I gotta stop by their office here and see what they quote me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Farm bureau X2. Cheaper and better CS than allstate we switched from.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess State Farm is too busy spending money on Jake, Mahome, Kelce and Andy Reid, they forget about the paying customers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
F$@# State farm! They have constantly gone up every 6 months on me. And my record is clean AF! And my wife never had anything on her record. I'll be looking soon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I second the nomination...YMMV
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By zombiehunter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zombiehunter:

ALLSTATE came in the cheapest. Half of the price of State Farm, 30% Cheaper than Georgia Farm Bureau.

Allstate new policy is no claims and high credit score and the rates where really decent.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#19]
More State Farm -

My agent is going to Hawaii on a trip funded by State Farm.  It's their annual best sales agent reward.  All expense paid trip.  A couple years ago it was California, wine country, LA Dodgers game, parties.

They're spending my money and yours.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I have Allstate. Clean driving record, no claims, homeowner policy with them and low 800 CS. My 6 month renewal is almost 100.00 higher. When I called to question it, no real reason than they wanted to. Actively looking.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Bidenomics at work
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ScooterP:
I have Allstate. Clean driving record, no claims, homeowner policy with them and low 800 CS. My 6 month renewal is almost 100.00 higher. When I called to question it, no real reason than they wanted to. Actively looking.
View Quote
Same here.

\
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't remember seeing these type threads 4 years ago...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I just went through the same thing with my homeowners insurance. Allstate was raising my rate by 46%. Shopped around and Allstate was still cheaper than everyone else.
Top Top