Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/9/2024 4:01:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated]
Just out of curiosity how common were stamped, fixed-stock, Type-56s without the spike bayonet, other than neutered civilian models for export markets and their bans on pokey bits? Just "proper" select-fire Type 56s going to the PLA or whatever bullshit war of the week. I know very early milled guns didn't have the spike since they were built as basically direct copies of Russian designs. Under-folders and side-folders don't seem to typically get them from the various "in the wild" photos I've come across. But the later stamped guns seem to all get the spike if they're a fixed stock and not going to a regulated market. Can't say I've seen pictures of ones without that I can confidently say aren't a civilian model.

Sure if you put in a big enough order I'm sure they'll build it however you want, but it seems that generally if it's a fixed stock, the spike comes standard?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:52:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Migmaqman] [#1]
i would think more common without than with bayo folders , looks like early exports to the VN had the permeant attached , by the 3rd variant the removable blade became standard
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
More non-spikers than spikers in my experience.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top