Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2022 9:43:27 PM EDT
So, I bought this Hungarian parts kit build I love it it’s very well built but I’ve had a few issues regarding the gas tube/piston/carrier. First, I bought an ultimak gas tube and it was exactly 1” to big so I cut it and modified it and it now fits perfectly.

The second issue I had was I also bought a KNS gas piston and tried to install it and it was an absolute nightmare.

The piston seemed to be welded in there I drilled out the piston hole and it still wouldn’t move, I ended up cracking the carrier with the drill so I bought a brand new Polish piston/carrier which I was told would fit my AK. I measured and it’s 5 3/4” and It seems to be too long which means my KNS piston will be too long and I’ll have to get another one.

Pics of gap
https://imgur.com/a/2Vk4e63

So, I’m wondering If I can just buy a shorter KNS gas piston or even modify the one I have or if I have to buy an entire new carrier and gas piston. KNS is extremely confusing as to what size so if anyone could help me pick the correct one I would be most great full!
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an AMD-65...  Originals have a 12.5” or so barrel, a shorter gas tube and shorter piston.  If it has an OEM barrel you also want an extended brake to permanently attach for a legal rifle.  

You need an AMD-65 specific piston.  If you can’t find one IM me as I may have one I could sell.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top