Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2024 12:08:20 PM EDT
Does anyone make an attachment system for a long allen wrench? Preferably attaching to the rail. I have an AGB allen wrench that's about 8" long and won't fit into anything on the gun. I could DIY something but maybe somebody makes one already?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have to be that long?  Mine fits in the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It would work with about 5" of wrench, but that's still too long to store anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#3]
It wouldn't be hard for someone to design a couple of Picatinny Index Clips with a built in clip to secure an Allen wrench and 3D print them. I did a quick search, I don't see an existing file to download, but it would be easy to do. They would only cost pennies to print.

EDIT: This is the closest thing I have found that could be easily modified to hold an allen wrench.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:08:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#4]
Look at some of the cable/wire management offerings, possibly something there.

Arson Machine has a picitinny set that may work Even if one had to mod them some.

ETA: I'm envisioning some Magpul XTM covers coupled with a ranger band on a picitinny rail. I may have to try that....
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Does it have to be that long?  Mine fits in the pistol grip.
View Quote

Those that adjust from the front/coupled with extended handguards are longer.

I have one gun with an Aero GB and DD 10.0" handguard, I use most of this 6" key:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like there's a need for MLOC or some type of rail slot magnets.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if you could use the same kind of thing to keep the cleaning rod tight against the rail.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]
How often do you really need to adjust that?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe some of these LaRue Index Clips would work to hold it. If the hook needs enlarged, perhaps you could boil some water, dip the hook into the water to soften it, slightly open the hook and cool it with cold water.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I put mine in the battery storage tube of my stock. Just need to cut the short leg down slightly.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top