BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2024 12:32:52 PM EDT
Hello,  need some troubleshooting -Also posted in AR15 general topics

Finally got out to shoot my new 6mm ARC build

First test was to adjust the Seekins adjustable gas block.

I followed direction from Seekins:  start with adjustment screw 1 turn off all the way in.  Shoot 1 round only in magazine.  Repeat until rifle will lock back on empty magazine…..

1st shot didn’t eject
Adjusted 1/2 turn

2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th wouldn’t eject each with additional 1/2 turn.

6th through 12 ejected but still not enough to lock back……ran out of adjustment.

I’m running a rifle length buffer tube, spring and rifle buffer 5.4 oz

Proof research 18” barrel with rifle +1 gas tube

Shooting Hornady factory 108 ELD match

What to try next? Lighter buffer?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
are you sure the gas port in the barrel and on the gas block are aligned?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By qball357:
are you sure the gas port in the barrel and on the gas block are aligned?
View Quote

Good question. When I get home I’ll have to check that

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:01:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARK_Ginger] [#3]
I've not run a rifle buffer system before but I believe you should try a lighter one.

EDIT: I see that's a standard weight. I'd make sure the gas block is properly aligned and double check the gas tube orientation in the gas block (yes I've managed to make that mistake once).
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What to try next? Lighter buffer?
View Quote

Pull the pin and dump all the weights and try it empty.  If it won't lock back on an empty buffer you will have to take a look at the port.  If it does lock back, get some aluminum weights and tune it from there, mixing with the steel weights you already have, they are cheap.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Rifle length with +1” gas port is usually for 18” barrels with a suppressor.   If the gas block and gas port are aligned correctly sounds like your gun is under gassed.  If you take off the gas block be sure to measure the gas port.   Depending on the gas port size might help to determine the best course of action, lighter buffer or larger gas port.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Rifle length with +1” gas port is usually for 18” barrels with a suppressor.   If the gas block and gas port are aligned correctly sounds like your gun is under gassed.  If you take off the gas block be sure to measure the gas port.   Depending on the gas port size might help to determine the best course of action, lighter buffer or larger gas port.
View Quote

Rogerthat

Probably going to work on it in the morning as I have to fix my lawnmower.  Lol

I have some buffers laying around in spare parts

I should have brought them and tested that but I’m going to check the gas block port alignment first.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top