Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2024 8:00:01 AM EDT
I purchased a model 1 sales upper in 2018. A post ban fluted 16 inch barrel stainless steel A2 front sight. I attached the upper to an old  Bushmaster (Windham ME) lower. I took the Urban Rifle course at Thunder Ranch recently (May 2024) & used the mentioned rifle for the course. Iron sites were utilized. Fired about 1000 rounds over three days. I decided not to clean the rifle during the training.

Not one jam.  The upper performed flawlessly. I had some miss haps, but it was attributed to either operator error, or the lower(mag catch needed tightening).

I read some bad reviews about Model 1 Sales in the past.  Anyone else utilize their products?

I also have a 20 inch upper , but I haven’t used it much.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have and use a few Model 1 Sales uppers and parts.

Including the full auto 7.5" Kitty Kat in my avatar. Every part in the upper came from M1S, other than the upgraded Wolff extractor spring and gas rings.

I've never had any issues with them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
3 of us in my shooting group bought M1S URGs in 2018/2019. 20", govt profile, A2 configuration.

Not one issue to report. Accurate shooters.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I built an A2 clone years ago from one of their uppers. Other than the rear sight being skewed to one side at 100yds, it's run fine for me. It did zero out, it's just off a bit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Back when there weren’t many online suppliers Model 1 Sales sold a lot of parts and AR’s at gun shows and online.  There were reports customers CC were hacked after ordering from M1S.   With all the online competition several vendors don’t get mentioned much on the forum.  Supposedly M1S barrels were by Shaw.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Back when there weren’t many online suppliers Model 1 Sales sold a lot of parts and AR’s at gun shows and online.  There were reports customers CC were hacked after ordering from M1S.   With all the online competition several vendors don’t get mentioned much on the forum.  Supposedly M1S barrels were by Shaw.
View Quote

They still run the gun show circuit.

Barrels still E.R. Shaw, AFAIK.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Can confirm, all the M1S barrels I have purchased and seen have been engraved E.R. Shaw.  Not saying they never have used any other barrel manufacturer, but the M1S barrels and uppers I've seen were all Shaw.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#7]
From what I hear, their customer service is the problem. However some of their parts are fine/servicable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I put a Model 1 sales upper on a registered select fire lower and it worked just fine.  It was just as accurate and reliable as the Colt upper I would swap back and forth onto the lower.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:27:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#9]
Mine seemed a little over gassed like I think a lot of barrels seem to be. The ones I bought years back always had an oil on them with and unusual scent. Midwayusa used to carry them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
It was not a rumor about the credit cards getting hacked. I was one of them. One of the biggest pain in the ass things I had to deal with. And they knew it was happening and did nothing! It was the people that processed their card payments that was actually doing it. But M1S would stop using them after thousands of people reported them. They took me for $1700.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I've bought from them over the years and have had no problems, but I'm not a door-kicker.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Model 1 has been off my radar for awhile.  I used to recall they and M&A Parts had similar ads in Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep I have an old ass M1S upper. Only thing left that’s original is the actual upper receiver and bbl. It’s a 16” HBAR. It shoots very well. Doesn’t like steel cased ammo though. Would get casings stuck in the chamber sometimes.

I hardly ever shoot that upper anymore. I have better now but it’s still alive and kicking.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustDaniel] [#14]
This has an M1S non threaded pencil barrel that I picked up on the EE for a song. I threaded it and added the FSB. It has proven to be extremely accurate

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Friend of mine bought a 10" upper at dallas gun show.
"Yep, just stick it on any lower, it'll be fine" they told him.

I made him go back and trade for a 16".
They didn't want to, but finally traded even.

Having said that , their stuff worked ok.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Never had any issues with M1S builds. But I always use Colt bolt groups.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a M1S 16", HBAR upper. Chrome lined, 1/9 twist. It shoots well, it's heavy of course, compared to a govt profile barrel.

The problem with J&T Distributing, M1S, M&A, their prices are still in the mid 2000s. You can get the same upper or parts kit from Palmetto usually much cheaper. Along with some of the best customer service in the industry.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colklink:  I have a M1S 16", HBAR upper. Chrome lined, 1/9 twist. It shoots well, it's heavy of course, compared to a govt profile barrel.

The problem with J&T Distributing, M1S, M&A, their prices are still in the mid 2000s. You can get the same upper or parts kit from Palmetto usually much cheaper. Along with some of the best customer service in the industry.
View Quote

I can pay cash to Model 1 at my local gun shows, which is handy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top