Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2013 5:00:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach]
I could not find a ContourRoam mount for a bow, so I decided to make one.

It needed to be up abve my arrow and sight because I hunt sitting down behind a GhostBlind and mounting it by the stabilizer would have had a field of view too low to see the action. Last year I used a head band mount and took it off because it was uncomfortable, 30 minutes before I arrowed  a 5 point buck that dropped on the spot, so I missed taking the video.

I though I would share.

I made it out of a plastic cutting board. It is tight, lite, and does not vibrate on the bow.

here is how it is mounted, there eas already a recessed round hole and a washer fit perfectly.

here is a video of it in action.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
That is cool! I have an older Go Pro in going to DIY a mount for.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Used a spring clamp to make an easy mount for my regular point and shoot. Drilled a hole and put a screw in it. Squeeze it and put it on a limb, rifle rail or just about anywhere next to where I'm sitting.

Also used a hose clamp for the bow's stabilizer. Drilled a hole, used the screw from a cheap table tripod. Put some electrical tape around the stabilizer so the hose clamp doesn't move when I tighten it down.

Now I have a crossbow and I'm trying to figure out how to put a cam on that, and it looks like the only real choice will be a scope mount of some sort like a bike uses on the handle bar. It'd be nice if someone made a combo scope mount/cam attachment so once you have the scope attached the screw sticks up ready for a cam.
Wonder if I can just super glue a screw to the top of the top of the scope ring. I'll have to look for an old set of rings and give it a try.
Top Top