Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2020 9:30:46 PM EDT
I got a stripped 870 receiver I sbs’d a while back and have yet to finish out and was thinking about putting it under a sbr ar.  I’m thinking of shortening the the mag tube to only hold 3 rounds so it can fit under a 10.5 inch barrel.  Anything out there in current production that could fit this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
https://autoweapons.com/photos07/sep/remqdmount.html

Like 850. So no. Shits expensive to mount.

Try your welding skills on and old quad rail maybe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I like this mount built in Canada because it supports the rear of the 870 receiver.

https://www.lockharttactical.com/category/product/8583499-lt-ubs-mount/category_pathway-879
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I have kits to mount a Mac11/9 under a Streetsweeper if you want a different option
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jreinke:
I like this mount built in Canada because it supports the rear of the 870 receiver.

https://www.lockharttactical.com/category/product/8583499-lt-ubs-mount/category_pathway-879
View Quote
If you started with a TAC-14 and put it in this, is it an SBS or an AOW?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a SBS as once mounted it's a shoulder fired weapon.  An AOW by definition is a "hand held" weapon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jreinke:
It's a SBS as once mounted it's a shoulder fired weapon.  An AOW by definition is a "hand held" weapon.
View Quote
Mounted to a 10.5" AR "Pistol" = okay?
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats incorrect. UNless theres a new letter, there was written correspondence from the ATF stating that an AOW attached to a rifle will remain an AOW. So you can have an AOW attached to a SBS and the aow stays an aow. This was a big deal for californians as they could attach an their cali legal AOW to their rifles. SBSs are extremely restricted in that state.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, my bad!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
Thats incorrect. UNless theres a new letter, there was written correspondence from the ATF stating that an AOW attached to a rifle will remain an AOW. So you can have an AOW attached to a SBS and the aow stays an aow. This was a big deal for californians as they could attach an their cali legal AOW to their rifles. SBSs are extremely restricted in that state.
View Quote

Thank you for sharing, I was curious about that.

Would it matter if the attached AOW had its "grip" removed or not in that scenario?  e.g. if mounted to a rifle but rear pistol grip removed ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

Thank you for sharing, I was curious about that.

Would it matter if the attached AOW had its "grip" removed or not in that scenario?  e.g. if mounted to a rifle but rear pistol grip removed ?
View Quote

Unless your a manufacturer type 03/07 the cost to make a sbs or aow is the same the only difference is the cost to transfer.  So might as well do a sbs, cuz you can later put a stock on it
Top Top