Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2024 2:11:25 PM EDT
I'm not a suppressor expert by any means.  I did some research and decided on the Radiant as it checked the most boxes for me.  Light weight, Full auto rated, no barrel length restriction and relatively low back pressure.  It made it to my dealer yesterday and I just got back from doing the paperwork/Efile.  Without having shot it yet I gotta say this seems like a well built can.  Anyone else here have one?  How does yours shoot?.  I plan to run mine on a long range hunting rig as well as my "battle" rifles.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Rugged cans, no complaints.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine too.  Good quality, lightweight, durable. It is a good all around can imo. I use it mostly on my sbr Beretta ARX.

Only thing is that you are limited to ruggeds mounting system (which is a good system ) and not the quietest.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. It shoots well, I rarely if ever shoot it in short configuration though, kinda loud but that’s to be expected from a 7.62 k can. It’s definitely quieter in full configuration.

When mounting it, make sure you twist the locking mechanism until you feel a “click.”  NOT just until it seems like it bottoms out. Takes a decent amount of grip strength. My dealer didn’t really tell me anything about it and I only found out about the click/lock into place from someone on this forum.

If you do shoot it in the short configuration, put some anti seize on the threads of the end cap.  I’ve had it get carbon locked on before and it’s kind of a pain to get off. Doesn’t seem to happen in long mode.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good can, just has some quirks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wait til you try a full length and quiet titanium can on those hunting rifles!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Good can. Mounting system is a bit of a pain. Can be flashy without flashider end cap but love it with the 5.56 flash hider endcap.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Good/decent suppression in long config.  Short config is loud and very flashy without the FH end cap, I think even more so than other 7.62 K cans, which isn’t totally shocking considering the “base” can only has 2 baffles in it.

I also don’t like the QD mount, enough so I had my 2 Rugged rifle cans converted to HUB.

That said, it’s lightweight and durable.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
hows endcap strikes with this one?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I really like my Radiant. Mine spends most of it's time on 6.8SPC SBR night hunting guns. It's light without being full Ti, so you don't have to worry about mag dump heat. Its low back pressure compared to something like a Nomad. As other have said, I wouldn't bother with the short configuration.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

I also don’t like the QD mount, enough so I had my 2 Rugged rifle cans converted to HUB.

That said, it’s lightweight and durable.
View Quote

Originally Posted By monkeypunch:
It's light without being full Ti, so you don't have to worry about mag dump heat. Its low back pressure compared to something like a Nomad.
View Quote
I’ll buy a Hub one for sure when they (hopefully, eventually) come out. I wouldn’t really think of it as a modular can, so much as threads being a way to put a steel blast chamber and first couple baffles onto a titanium silencer.
Top Top