Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/12/2024 6:46:16 PM EDT
someone who could make a traditional leather survival knife type sheath for the bottom blade?

-- an Explorer Wilderness - I have 2 of them and although a custom sheath would cost more than these kinives are worth - why not? Gotta carry the darn thing somehow to use it

Seems like a homage to a Randall 18 in blade style and shape, but with a cast handle ---    

I like it - its fun and holds an edge well

-- bottom pic is the (2) wilderness 2's in inventory -   sheaths along these lines is what i was primarilly looking for

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of those in mint condition I bought from eBay couple years ago.  Orignal box and everything. Brings out the inner kid in me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Make the sheath ambidextrous so you can carry the knife either blade forward or blade reversed whether it is on your right or left side.  The easiest way to do that is to make a sheath that will slip into a frog (as used to carry swords), and make the frog with the belt mounting.  I recently made a sheath like that for a knife I made for myself.  Plus, you can not use the frog and just slip the sheath inside your waist band.  The Sam Browne button keeps the sheath from dropping too far down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#3]
Get a holster kit online. Boy Scouts or JoAnn or Michael... any crafts store probably has something.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I make sheaths but I'm fairly certain offering my services would violate the COC.

An objects worth is a very subjective thing. I love these knives for what they are.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
Get a holster kit online. Boy Scouts or JoAnn or Michael... any crafts store probably has something.
View Quote

Possibly --- dont really have the time or inclination to make a personal project out of it though -- but noted for other possible future needs 1
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:43:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#6]
I had a black Wilderness 2 I bought new for $14 in the mid 1980’s at a surplus store.  I loved that knife.  A backpack I had it in got stolen out of my car in Baltimore when I was 19 or 20.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top