Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2021 9:38:41 PM EDT
I need a hard sided - heavy duty range bag. Has anyone made a tool box their gear bag? I need ideas. What tool box are you using?
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Why do you need a hard sided case? I try to cut back as much weight as possible. Currently using an Oakley backpack as my range bag.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve used a tool bag from HF as a range bag for over 20 years.  I use a freebie National Guard backpack as my precision rifle range bag.  No reason you can’t use a tool box.  Go find what you think is suitable for your needs and have at it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I use one to transport my AR in two pieces.  I holds my spotting scope, ammo mags cleaning kit and PPE

Its a lockable one from Home depot about 10 inch wide and about 28inch long
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a HF tool bag with a hard bottom for a stage bag. A tool box would work but be heavier.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a guy I saw at a range in Miami, his range bag was a vertical hard sided tool box, mounted on a roller cart like the old lady shopping carts. Full of spares and tools.

I had assembled my first AR and was having light strikes. He was a couple lanes down but offered to help. Diagnosed a backward hammer spring. Popped it all out, reinstalled, also noticed I didn’t have a spring in the front takedown pin. (Sprung while assembling of course!) so he popped the correct one in as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a husky tool bag to carry ammo to the range. It works well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]
For years I used to use a Homer Tool Box from Home Depot...   cheap and it worked fine.   Currently use another cheapy tool box similar to a Homer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top