Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 12:03:43 AM EDT
Howdy,

I got a new (to me) truck camper. I need an awning on at least one side, but two would be even better. I have plenty of space on the passenger side for the awning to mount as well as clearance above the door.

What 270* awning have you folks used and can recommend?

Cheers!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
OVS.

I don't have a 270 but I have a 180 and really like it. I'd really like a 270 for my GX with the side opening barn door but I got a good deal on marketplace.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that. How well does that hold up to wind? Possible to mount it if I don't have a roof rack?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:14:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wicked07] [#3]
The OVS is awesome. I have the 180 because my lift gate would hit the back part of the 270 version, but I love it.

It handled this wet snow like a champ without the legs being needed.

If something happened to this one, I would buy the exact same one to replace it with.

If you are looking for ultimate coverage and don't mind the set up time, I would also highly recommend the Slumberjack roadhouse.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pRxiaq]20240406_154712~2[1][/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pRxhZL]20240513_085506[1][/url]

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome!

I actually have the Roadhouse for my truck. Got it right after it came out and have used the hell out of it. Not going to work well with the camper, but I love mine regardless.

The OVS looks damned slick.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:
Awesome!

I actually have the Roadhouse for my truck. Got it right after it came out and have used the hell out of it. Not going to work well with the camper, but I love mine regardless.

The OVS looks damned slick.
View Quote

It is, and I use the crap out of it. 3 minute deployment and 5 pack down times. It is easy enough I just set it up whenever we stop somewhere.

You'll love it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I do have a 1500lb rated roof rack on my truck so that really helps keep everything stable too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wicked07:
It is, and I use the crap out of it. 3 minute deployment and 5 pack down times. It is easy enough I just set it up whenever we stop somewhere.

You'll love it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I do have a 1500lb rated roof rack on my truck so that really helps keep everything stable too.
View Quote

I have kids and dogs, so those deployment and repack times are appealing. The Roadhouse is great, but grabby hands and trespassing paws make set up a little... complicated. Nice-lookin' Yukon. My mom had 2001 and 2005 Suburbans. Loved those trucks. They were unstoppable in the snow.

I'll mull it over, but the OVS appears to be the winner. Will do if I have any further questions.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#7]
For those with the OVS 180 are you using the standard one or the LTE version?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Justintime2:
For those with the OVS 180 are you using the standard one or the LTE version?
View Quote

Standard is the one shown in my pics. My truck is pretty long and the standard one covers from the front doors all the way to past the open hatch. Basically, the entire side and rear is accessible and dry in the rain with the nomadic (full sized) version.

It is heavy and it will shake a ton if you have a factory rack. Get my rack or a similar one and it is awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top