Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
At least it didn't catch fire.
View Quote

Guesses as to when the battery pack will ignite.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The culinary school should do a scholarship in memory of Samuel. He was cooking when he died.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
What does that car being a Tesla have to do with anything?
View Quote

Okay, Ford Ranger crosses center line, hits bus filled with watermelon pickers…8 dead, 35 injured
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/8-killed-dozens-injured-when-bus-carrying-farmworkers-crashes-overturns-in-florida/ar-BB1mnlKh
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:10:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prijador] [#4]
Wow,  That video of the actual crash was wild: 100+ miles an hour, got very airborne, rotating and smashed into the building - I’m surprised anyone survived.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HotHolster:

Okay, Ford Ranger crosses center line, hits bus filled with watermelon pickers…8 dead, 35 injured
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/8-killed-dozens-injured-when-bus-carrying-farmworkers-crashes-overturns-in-florida/ar-BB1mnlKh
View Quote

Yikes !
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to volunteer with Pasadena Fire.  Something like 1100 hours over 6 years.

Never had any calls like that.  Don't know if that's good or bad.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The book of faces video link indicates that the driver was "arrested" for DUI last September, did not say convicted.  I wonder if the driver's family was actively fighting the DUI case for him, because maybe someone's little snowflake just couldn't have been actually driving while drunk, so that unfair case had to be fought.

I don't know what california's laws are on drunk driving, can you still legally drive after being arrested for DUI, or do you get your license handed back to you while the case is being fought in court?  How about the insurance - would the policy still be in force while the DUI case is being investigated or would the carrier just cancel the policy?

The cynic in me thinks that somehow the carmaker (deep pockets) is going to be sued big in court due to the car being inherently too dangerous due to lack of automatic speed limiting or something.

The final resolution on this case will be years away, this is clearly not the fault of the driver. [sarcasm]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
What does Tesla have to do with it?

Like they would have survived in an ICE vehicle?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:36:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#9]
The 20 year old was an Eagle Scout.

ETA I see that was already noted.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Thump_rrr:

And what exactly is she doing to try and look young?
View Quote

The cheap wig for starters.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

The cheap wig for starters.
View Quote

I did not notice that buy she appears to have possibly nice breasts.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The Terror of Colorado Boulevard
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]
My kids go to that high school.  They had a memorial service at the school on Monday.  There were girls in the car that were as young as 17 yrs. old.  My daughter says she would see one of the girls during lab one classroom over.  The driver was intoxicated and driving over 75 mph when he ran a red.  That part of Footill Blvd. happens to curve, so he hit a curb and went airborne.  As it was the driver's second documented DUI, I would consider his passengers victims (even of their own immaturity).  This happened just before Mother's Day, and graduation is just around the corner.  My heart really goes out to all the affected families.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beretta_Jerry] [#15]
The TERROR of Colorado Boulevard!

Eta: beat
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

He must have launched off of this pile of rocks near the curb to get that much air.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow I think that's exactly where the Tesla hit.  Good find.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top