Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 5:02:27 PM EDT
Long story short her grandfather in Spokane, WA passed away and now her family doesn't want to deal with transporting these two.
They have a rough idea on the Model A but not much of an idea on the truck.
I'm not a car guy but I figured someone here might know or at least have an idea.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Classic beauties. I wish I could get that truck. No idea on worth tho. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Need more info.

Things like running and driving make a huge difference compared to ran when parked.

Body and paint, they look nice but what’s the condition under the shiny stuff?

The Model A looks to be a very old restoration and the four banger, even if original drags the price down a bit. The pickup also looks to be an old restoration job.

As they sit with no info,

Maybe $7K for the pickup

Maybe $12K for the Model A, and that would be with the stars correctly aligned.

I’ll be curious to see what others have to say.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If the truck was 100% operational with an LS 3 in it maybe $16-17. As is it might be trailerable to conventions etc. for $800 a day.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:44:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#4]
The wiring on the A does not impress.

Severe lack of details on the truck.  

Also: I just sold two older hot rods with V-8s and lots of suspension and interior upgrades.  All I can say is the market is extremely soft right now. My trucks sold because they were desirable years with desirable upgrades.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
The wiring on the A does not impress.

Severe lack of details on the truck.  

Also: I just sold two older hot rods with V-8s and lots of suspension and interior upgrades.  All I can say is the market is extremely soft right now. My trucks sold because they were desirable years with desirable upgrades.
View Quote

Man glad I wasn't the only one. That fuse block is sketch as hell. Wire everywhere, touching sharp sheet metal, and looks terrible.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]

that is not "final wiring", that is "get her running" wiring
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want true value....

Spend the money and hire an appraiser that specializes in antique vehicles.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:42:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#9]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3097/62DFE5F4-867A-44EC-A452-78B98F715450-3207710.jpg

View Quote

My get it running wiring is safer than that.  Sad.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maslin02] [#10]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3097/62DFE5F4-867A-44EC-A452-78B98F715450-3207710.jpg

View Quote

How about that guy at the bottom? Held on with copper wire and some zip ties, but the entire harness is cut?

Weird, especially for a cool old car that deserves better.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
It also has a GM alternator and a modern coil.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Model A is a prime candidate for a teardown and rebuild  . By rebuild I mean remove the body and throw the rest in the trash . Build a new Z frame , add a dropped i beam in the front , ford 9" in the rear with a 4 link , airbags all around so it lays the body on the ground , channel the body., chop the top 2.5 " basic Chevy 350 and an automatic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top