Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2024 4:25:27 PM EDT
I was approached by a Knight after Mass and he asked if I ever considered joining. I’ve seen them around and know they have multiple fundraising events throughout the year for the parish.

I’d like to get back into volunteering but I don’t know if this is for me. I’ve got a young family so I can’t invest a lot of time at meetings. I was just curious if anyone had experience with the group.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:36:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: radtrad] [#1]
I was (and I guess I still am) under the impression that all these organizations like Knights of Columbus, elks, moose, shriners, etc are just some sort of offshoot of freemasonry.  All just a bunch of seemingly nice groups that suck you in and then you suddenly find yourself in some sort of satanic ritual.  If I ever decide I want to do nice things, I'll just start doing nice things.  I don't need a bunch guys with secret handshakes and goofy costumes to do it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:55:08 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a papal ban in the Catholic Church against being a Mason. I believe the punishment is excommunication. The KoC are not and never have been connected with Freemasonry. They are a service organization that was originally created to help Catholic families in the US financially due to past discrimination and loss of jobs due to being Catholic. I am a fairly new member, but I have not been able to participate due to my involvement with a RCIA class.
Top Top