Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Posted: 5/10/2024 10:43:05 AM EDT

Father-in-Law was driving back from snowbirding in Florida all winter and wanted to play golf. He lives in a 55+ retirement community and basically golfs almost everyday.

Took him to Chariots Run in the pictures above. The course there was immaculate, greens were so fast. He shot his best round ever at 74 years old - a 92! It was cart path only so he was walking a lot. I hope when I'm 74 I can get around as good as he can.

After hearing him talk about the 55+ retirement community I am seriously considering checking out of the work life at 55 and moving to the Villages, Florida. I'm 42 now and most likely will be in a position to retire at 55.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Lovely place! Nice to see they're affordable.

The villages is nice; you should do an extended stay and make sure you dig the place. Most of the 'country clubs' are rather derivative, except for their signature courses. The Nancy Lopez is my favorite but the Plamer course is good too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#2]
My Mom was considering retiring at The Villages, and got a free package of a night at a condo, a round of golf, breakfast and dinner and two of the restaurants for both of us.
We had to sit through a 30-minute spiel, but the guy was cool, and didn't try to hard sell her.

It was a nice place.  I don't remember which course I played, but it was in good shape, and an appropriate challenge for the folks who live there.

Dinner was pretty funny.  We went late, and the dance floor was filling up with well-dressed ladies, and the guidos chasing them.  Wide-open collars and gold chains in abundance.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I played it once a couple of years ago, really enjoyable course.
Had a great range warmup before the round. I was hitting a 12* mini driver and drilled the silo on 7 or 8 of the 10 shots I hit at it.
As per usual, those results did not translate to the course so much.
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top