Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Clarkson’s Farm 3 (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/13/2024 4:48:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22]
It is as good as the other two. As a farmer, it was nice to see him win big against the government that has been out to get him since day one. He has become a legit farmer. Both he and Kaleb said it started out as kind of a joke, but evolved into a productive farm.

Sure, he is filthy rich, so he doesn’t face the struggles that other farmers do, but nobody can say he doesn’t put in a hard days work. Charlie knows farming, the business and is the glue that holds that farm together.

Plus, the British humor is done well as always. Just a pleasure to watch
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm huge Top Gear (Clarkson, Hammond, and May seasons) and Grand Tour fan, but Clarkson's Farm is Jeremy's best show.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
I'm huge Top Gear (Clarkson, Hammond, and May seasons) and Grand Tour fan, but Clarkson's Farm is Jeremy's best show.
View Quote

It would be hard to put any show he has done above Top Gear, but Clarkson’s Farm is as good, if not better. The Grand Tour is just a rebranded Top Gear, but not as good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I love this show, even though I never gave two shits about farming before watching it.

I will say the UK does a lot of backwards shit with all the red tape, assuming some of it is dramatized?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By raymondwoods:
I love this show, even though I never gave two shits about farming before watching it.

I will say the UK does a lot of backwards shit with all the red tape, assuming some of it is dramatized?
View Quote

I am sure some of the shows is scripted, but the struggles he faced with the government were 100% real.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I just flat out love it.  Gerald still makes me laugh the hardest.

We tried pig farming for a few years.  The episodes where he and his wife are just crouching into the pig huts and grabbing up piglets gave me some serious worries.

In my experience pig mommas HATE anything that makes their piglets squeal and will try to promptly destroy it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I started watching on a whim the other day and love it. Great show. Learning a bit about farming too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:

We tried pig farming for a few years.  The episodes where he and his wife are just crouching into the pig huts and grabbing up piglets gave me some serious worries.

In my experience pig mommas HATE anything that makes their piglets squeal and will try to promptly destroy it.
View Quote

Gerald is pure gold. I didn’t know he took care of that farm his entire life until this last season. The piglets dying had both my wife and I tearing up. It is by far my favorite show ever.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm making you farm manager.

OK. You're fired!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Yea, that made me cringe a lot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:

OK. You're fired!
View Quote

Wait, till you see them visit the prime Minister. Apparently every low government person is dick.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I was hooked in the first season when he went out and bought the largest Lamborghini tractor he could find.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:21:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#12]
I enjoyed it. Stayed up too late watching on Saturday.

Him dry heaving with the respirator on
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:
It is as good as the other two. As a farmer, it was nice to see him win big against the government that has been out to get him since day one. He has become a legit farmer. Both he and Kaleb said it started out as kind of a joke, but evolved into a productive farm.

Sure, he is filthy rich, so he doesn’t face the struggles that other farmers do, but nobody can say he doesn’t put in a hard days work. Charlie knows farming, the business and is the glue that holds that farm together.

View Quote

He really has become a voice of the Common Farmer.   He admits that he has other revenue streams, but he showcases how hard it is for a farmer to break even.  

So much BS bureaucracy with the town council and Health and Safety [British OSHA] regulations.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By atomicferret:

He really has become a voice of the Common Farmer.   He admits that he has other revenue streams, but he showcases how hard it is for a farmer to break even.  

So much BS bureaucracy with the town council and Health and Safety [British OSHA] regulations.
View Quote

He really did try to separate his other shows, wealth and fame from the actual day-to-day farming. He said all it takes is one bad year and you could be finished. Season 2 really showcased the bureaucracy and regulations. He couldn’t catch a break. It took a third party inspector with some common sense to put the bureaucracy in check. I think the bit with the Prime Minister was the Brit government attempt at saving face. We are here to help you, after we did everything we could possibly do to shut you down.

They even hit on regenerative farming, which we are getting into as well.

If the government hates him and the other farmer love him, he is doing something right.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm glad Clarkson won against the local council, they seem to be a bunch of useless twats.  Much like the twats we have in .gov here.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By n0zzle:

I'm glad Clarkson won against the local council, they seem to be a bunch of useless twats.  Much like the twats we have in .gov here.
View Quote

They are like an HOA that has actual power.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:43:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#17]
He has yet to turn a profit. Not sure if that counts as a "legit farmer". I mean, fair enough, a lot of Farmers go years without a profit, only to finally have a few good years here and there.
But I'd still say he's a bit of a hobby farmer.
Again, not knocking the show. I love it. Looking forward to watching Season 3. It really does point out how hard farming is.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:45:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22] [#18]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
He has yet to turn a profit. Not sure if that counts as a "legit farmer". I mean, fair enough, a lot of Farmers go years without a profit, only to finally have a few good years here and there.
Again, not knocking the show. I love it. Looking forward to watching Season 3. It really does point out how hard farming is.
View Quote

A lot of farmers don’t need to turn a profit because of all the government subsidies. He explains it in season 3. Also, the town council made it impossible for him to make real money. I am not going to spoil 3 for you, but I think you will see how much he and his crew have become true farmers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Gerald is pure gold. I didn’t know he took care of that farm his entire life until this last season. The piglets dying had both my wife and I tearing up. It is by far my favorite show ever.
View All Quotes

We've had a small spate of deaths in <1 week lambs this year.  Not fun at all.  But lessons have been learned, and we made some changes.  (Just a small home flock)
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Season 3 is excellent
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By n0zzle:

And that is a huge problem.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

Wait, till you see them visit the prime Minister. Apparently every low government person is dick.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:

OK. You're fired!

Just watched that one, I just assumed that was dramatized for TV.  Guess someone could be that big of an asshole.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Gerald hasn't even been in season 3 yet..
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

View Quote

There is legitimate reason why
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

Just watched that one, I just assumed that was dramatized for TV.  Guess someone could be that big of an asshole.
View Quote

This is my thought on that. After all the dickhead moves that the local council has done, would the Prime Minister's office want to look like dickheads.
Yet they did. It was underling but yet they sometimes think they have the same authority as the boss.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

He won an award from the Brit national farmer's org in S2 for "carrying the torch" for farmers or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#27]

He really did try to separate his other shows, wealth and fame from the actual day-to-day farming. He said all it takes is one bad year and you could be finished. Season 2 really showcased the bureaucracy and regulations. He couldn’t catch a break. It took a third party inspector with some common sense to put the bureaucracy in check. I think the bit with the Prime Minister was the Brit government attempt at saving face. We are here to help you, after we did everything we could possibly do to shut you down.

If the government hates him and the other farmer love him, he is doing something right.
View Quote

So you must think there's something in the regenerative farming.  I was wondering how much was hippie BS.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#28]
The older guy with the mullet and the glasses…

I have yet to understand a single word he says.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By K5FAL:

View Quote

I think you have to be drinking. Gerald seems like a great guy. But his dialect, is very hard to understand. I actually think the rest of them struggle sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

So you must think there's something in the regenerative farming.  I was wondering how much was hippie BS.
View All Quotes

Regenerative Agriculture on a Small Scale | What it Looks Like

The 'chemicals' costs keep rising and tilling of the soil helps to deplete the needed make up of the earth from farming.

No till farming (regenerative) can take up to five seasons to rebuild the soil.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Best series on tv right now.

Clarkson making the mustard had me doubled over laughing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

View Quote

He was in 2 scenes so far in person.  Maybe later episodes you haven't watched yet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Manduck:
Best series on tv right now.

Clarkson making the mustard had me doubled over laughing.
View Quote

That was a good scene. I've always like Clarkson, Kaleb, and Gerald. The more I watched, Charlie,Lisa and Alan the builder became favorites. Lisa is wealthy on her own, yet she seems to be a real hard worker and good sport.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I come from a backwoods place where his dialect is common.  But not an English accent.

We often had the same looks as everyone else and I remember my dad did as well.  Probably why I laugh so hard at Gerald.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Regenerative farming just makes more sense than spraying the same field, with the same fertilizer, growing the same stuff. Then usually using several pesticides, insecticides and herbicides. It completely destroys the soil. The dust bowl for example. Healthy soil should have microbes, worms, and living organisms. We till our soil here. It is hard as concrete Caliche. We amended all of it with at least 50 yards of compost. I use chicken soup for the soil fertilizer. If you watch the Biggest Little Farm, it shows the entire process on how to restore your soil from a barren wasteland to a healthy ecosystem.

I understand how and why the big farmers just grow government subsidized cash crop for feed, fuel, industrial use. It is a guaranteed income. However, by doing it the way they are destroying the soil.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I think you have to be drinking. Gerald seems like a great guy. But his dialect, is very hard to understand. I actually think the rest of them struggle sometimes.
View All Quotes
The older guy with the mullet and the glasses
Just for the sport of it, turn on Closed Captioning if for no other reason than to watch them struggle (and at times- bail) on what Gerald is saying...  
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#37]

A lot of farmers don't need to turn a profit because of all the government subsidies. He explains it in season 3. Also, the town council made it impossible for him to make real money. I am not going to spoil 3 for you, but I think you will see how much he and his crew have become true farmers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:

A lot of farmers don't need to turn a profit because of all the government subsidies. He explains it in season 3. Also, the town council made it impossible for him to make real money. I am not going to spoil 3 for you, but I think you will see how much he and his crew have become true farmers.
LOL. You put me in the mood to finally start watching the season. I'm going to go watch it now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#38]
He is shining the spotlight on an issue that is plaguing farmers in the us, especially specialty crop farmers. We have golden handcuffs, sure you own land that is valuable in theory, but if you can’t turn a profit farming the crops grown in your area is the ground really worth anything? Sure, if you can open a fruit stand, open a farm to table restaurant, do a winery/ brewery, or find another outlet, but if zoning, efu, county permitted won’t let you, your ground isn’t worth shit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Space Penises.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:31:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#40]
His expression when he opens the door to the fungus bunker... priceless.

It's almost the same expression as when he's watching Kaleb or Gerald back a trailer or implement.

He'd have an easier time following his planter marker if he didn't till the field in exactly the same direction. Till at a 30 or 45 degree angle and that problem is solved.

The photography/cimematography on that show, just like the old Top Gear, is spectacular. It's enjoyable to watch.

And yeah Lisa was having to do farmer work this season. Good for her.

That little tracked tractor that was pulling the berry harvester disaster, I want one of those tractors

Originally Posted By sca037:
Just for the sport of it, turn on Closed Captioning if for no other reason than to watch them struggle (and at times- bail) on what Gerald is saying...  
View Quote

Oh, and dupe:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2722825_Clarkson-s-Farm-Season-3-is-on-.html
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:26:36 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

His little competition with Caleb was a great way to highlight how expensive it can be to farm. I wonder how many city people understand the risk and expense of farming. This show highlights it in an entertaining way.

I originally had the impression he bought the farm because that's what rich people did. Buy a farm and have someone else run it. You can retreat to your estate when needed. At the end of season 1, he really sounded surprised at how much he had grown and loved the life of a farmer. It will be interesting to see how involved he is with the farm after the show ends.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Fucking put spoilers in the damn title
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Sader762:
Fucking put spoilers in the damn title
View Quote

You clicked on a thread titled Clarkson’s Farm 3.
That was the spoiler warning
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Jeremy better put a ring on it. His girlfriend is a dream woman. She busts her ass, gets dirty, stays in shape, supports him...cmon Jeremy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BobP:

His little competition with Caleb was a great way to highlight how expensive it can be to farm. I wonder how many city people understand the risk and expense of farming. This show highlights it in an entertaining way.

I originally had the impression he bought the farm because that's what rich people did. Buy a farm and have someone else run it. You can retreat to your estate when needed. At the end of season 1, he really sounded surprised at how much he had grown and loved the life of a farmer. It will be interesting to see how involved he is with the farm after the show ends.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobP:

Think that was the original use.  Thought they said in S01 he bought it and kept the same farm manager until they retired.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Raised on a farm, I really enjoy the show. Love the banter between everyone.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cayman_shen:
Jeremy better put a ring on it. His girlfriend is a dream woman. She busts her ass, gets dirty, stays in shape, supports him...cmon Jeremy.
View Quote

Yup. Hard to find a good one like that, especially when you look like Jeremy
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Lisa is quite an interesting person. To begin with, she's 6'2, educated, and is reputedly worth several million pounds. It's her money, earned from a career in acting and modeling. She was also married to a Baron at one time, and survived a crash in his Lear jet...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Lisa is quite an interesting person. To begin with, she's 6'2, educated, and is reputedly worth several million pounds. It's her money, earned from a career in acting and modeling. She was also married to a Baron at one time, and survived a crash in his Lear jet...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457055/Clarkson_jpeg-3214121.JPG

View Quote

I'm in love with her accent and her irish "no fucks given" attitude about every thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#50]
I really appreciate what Jeremy is doing. Farming is hard. Real hard. He’s a smart businessman buy finding new ways to bring in revenue, while battling the bureaucrats.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Clarkson’s Farm 3 (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top