Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2024 5:02:37 PM EDT
I’ve got 6-7 SBRs on Eform1s (individual) and want to get some cans now.

What is my best avenue to do this? Find a place locally with a silencerco kiosk and do it that way? Or online somewhere?

I’m not new to NFA but I am to this part of it..
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
capital armory is my go to at this time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd try to buy local if possible. Skip having to have one transferred to your dealer before they transfer it to you.

Are you thinking pistol, centerfield rifle, or a rim fire can?

My factory suppressor is a Silencerco Omega 300 on an ASR QD mount. It works on my .308 rifles and a 5.56 AR. There are probably better options out there now, but I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Easiest way would be a local shop with a Silencer Shop affiliation/kiosk doing an individual eForm4.
Just did two back-to-back with one in jail for 11 days and the last 7 days in jail; that's after their Form3 transfers.

waited 4 months for my regular lgs to locate a can (evidently little interest); then went calling around; new shop I was dealing with found what I wanted while we were on the phone and was happy to make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bobfig:
View Quote

Is it true they require you to let them remote in to your computer just to sign docs?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
For us, Lane is right down the road. Made since to go there.

Buy local if possible.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#6]
Everything online that is good is OOS for the most part...get one at a local gun shop imo
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:

Is it true they require you to let them remote in to your computer just to sign docs?
View Quote

It’s a share screen session.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

No.  They let you remote into their computer to sign.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blueheeler426] [#10]
First can, I did everything at the gun shop using their computers.
2nd can he forgot to put the order in for 12 days (thanks ) and that evening I received emails from Silencer Shop notifying me that I had documents to sign.
I think since I was in their Silencer Shop system at this time; I ended up using the DocuSign link at home. Basically 2 clicks on the document and 5 minutes later an email from BATF telling me my form4 was submitted for review. eight days later it was in my hands.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]
In the process of buying my first two right now. I went with Capitol Armory, the process is super easy and user friendly IMO.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#12]
it depends.
if you don't care about sourcing your own deals, then silencer shop or capital armory are about the same.
I give the nod to silencer shop only if you have a local ffl that has one of their kiosks.
otherwise sourcing the digital prints was kind of a pain point as well as an additional cost when dealing with capital armory.

if you are on the look out for the best deal, and pick stuff up on GB, or through the EE, then be aware there is an extra charge going through silencer shop using their services.
if that is the case I would look for a local ffl that doesn't up charge you for not buying through them.

the only bonus of capital armory is I don't have to drive out to my dealer to do paperwork and pick up a can.
they mail it to your door. But I still had to make a drive out because ups sucks and doesn't deliver in the window they quote anymore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Shop local first and then outsource if you can't find any local deals.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ve used silencer shop since about 2013. No problems for me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By blueheeler426:
Easiest way would be a local shop with a Silencer Shop affiliation/kiosk doing an individual eForm4.
Just did two back-to-back with one in jail for 11 days and the last 7 days in jail; that's after their Form3 transfers.

waited 4 months for my regular lgs to locate a can (evidently little interest); then went calling around; new shop I was dealing with found what I wanted while we were on the phone and was happy to make it happen.
View Quote

This is good advice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buckshot_jim] [#17]
Do you live in or near the panhandle? If so, I will take care of you.
eta: My shop is a Silencer Shop affiliate. I have a kiosk and plenty of stock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Suppressors 101: How to Buy a Suppressor

Silencershop is fine if it’s your local shop, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to get to one. Most any shop that can sell suppressors will transfer them for you as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I used a local shop that has their own setup.  They do fingerprints, photos, and the eForm on the spot.  They are not a SilencerCo kiosk store, but have all that’s needed to eFile.  After they input everything, they put my eForm username in, I typed in my PIN, and about a minute later I got an ATF submission confirmation email.  They said they had been running about 3~4 days on approvals.  Beats the hell out of the 16 months for my last can!

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#21]
Probably local right now.  Bonus if they will do the form 4 and you don’t have to deal with Silencershop.

The online places seem to be pretty wiped out right now unless you want to backorder.

Capital Armory is worth the couple extra weeks wait if you want to buy online.  It’ll probably end up being faster than SilencerShop’s slow form processing.  

Bonus is you can actually call and get ahold of someone if needed.  I suspect Silencershop’s phone number goes to a vacant building.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BladedRonin] [#22]
SilencerShop and Capitol Armory.

And 22lr suppressors are THE best purchase, hands down.  

Follow that with 30cal suppressors and 556 rifle.  

Not a huge fan of pistol cans myself.

For first suppressors, go overbore if you can.  223 thru a 30 cal can wont be as quiet as 30 cal but it lends itself better to mult hosts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought my first suppressor Friday thru a local gun store with a Silencer Shop Kiosk. Bought the stamp off the Silencer Shop website. Made an account on the ATF website. Is there anything else I need to do besides wait?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Just finished my second can with Capitol Armory. Once you get your first one in and setup the next ones go super fast and easy. 43 hour approval time too on this last one. I'm definitely a fan of CA.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Capitol Armory

Or good local guys with SilencerShop Kiosk

I’ve used Falling Skies in Buda with good communication and recent success.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#26]
@ TarzanT
+1
if your SOT/lgs is set up and takes care of you; they make it easy.
My favorite lgs retired and my last can was like 5 years ago; so I pretty much had to start from scratch due to all the new stuff going on. But good shops make it easy.  
Preaching to the choir; write all the passwords, codes, pins, and security questions down as you go. jhc
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#27]
@CSUSB_Coyote  
just wait; they notify and instruct as it proceeds; once submitted its you, BATF, and lgs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#28]
fpni.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CSUSB_Coyote:
I bought my first suppressor Friday thru a local gun store with a Silencer Shop Kiosk. Bought the stamp off the Silencer Shop website. Made an account on the ATF website. Is there anything else I need to do besides wait?
View Quote

Did you get an email from the ATF stating that your form is submitted/in process? If so, yes just wait. If not, then you are NOT done yet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Do you live in or near the panhandle? If so, I will take care of you.
eta: My shop is a Silencer Shop affiliate. I have a kiosk and plenty of stock.
View Quote

This if you're Weatherford/Mineral Wells too!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Form 4’s are stupid fast right now. Meanwhile my form1 can is over 30 days now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought three through the SilencerCo kiosk.
Worked great, biggest delay was the Feds.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ve bought from esilencers and directly from AEsupressors before , also mile high shooting. All 3 are good to go ,  I’m sure there are others but I tend to stick with what I know.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#35]
With inventory being what it is, you buy it where you find it. I've snagged a few off Hansohn Bros, some off SilencerShop and others I could only find at my local dealer. I tend to shy away from Capital Armory due to some of the negative stuff I've read... Not worth the risk IMO.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Try to buy local. With wait times down in the days and weeks, a lot of online sellers are very low on stock or out and waiting on manufacturers to catch up with demand.

I found a Rex Silentium MG7 30 cal at a local dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk and went that route. My can is on its 3rd week since certification. My last can was done on a paper Form 4 and took 11 months.
Coworker got 2 cans last week from a different dealer and had his in hand in 4 working days.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Silencershop or Capitol Armory.  Locals have no inventory either.  Don't do Capitol Amory "to your door".  It works and no dealer needed, but it delayed an 8 month wait to at least 9.5 months vs picking it up at the dealer.  It'd be maddening for that type of additional delay on current ATF waits.

Go to a UPS store and get fingerprinted.  They will give you valid ETF files that you can use with any dealer and ATF eforms.  Those files are good forever, no expiration.

With the current speed of form 4s, and supressors being sold out, it might be time to look at factory SBRs.  I have been looking and deciding.  No swapping parts, no possible warranty issues, and no engraving.  I have a fiber laser, lathe, and basically a full gunsmith shop.  But current waits have me thinking about just ordering what I want and not adding extra barrels or cut-offs to my collection of crap.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:

No.  They let you remote into their computer to sign.
View Quote

Interesting. How's that work? Do u have to download any special program or is it like a link that's all online?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Interesting. How's that work? Do u have to download any special program or is it like a link that's all online?
View Quote

A link and all online
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Find a 2023 Christmas Sale.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bobfig:
View Quote

I've done Capital Armory and Silencer Shop.  I liked Capital better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Like others have said, Capital Armory or Silencer Shop.

From what I've seen here, Capital Armory will be a quicker and smoother transfer. Silencer Shop did fine for me, though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By gunman0:
Silencershop or Capitol Armory.  Locals have no inventory either.  Don't do Capitol Amory "to your door".  It works and no dealer needed, but it delayed an 8 month wait to at least 9.5 months vs picking it up at the dealer.  It'd be maddening for that type of additional delay on current ATF waits.

Go to a UPS store and get fingerprinted.  They will give you valid ETF files that you can use with any dealer and ATF eforms.  Those files are good forever, no expiration.

With the current speed of form 4s, and supressors being sold out, it might be time to look at factory SBRs.  I have been looking and deciding.  No swapping parts, no possible warranty issues, and no engraving.  I have a fiber laser, lathe, and basically a full gunsmith shop.  But current waits have me thinking about just ordering what I want and not adding extra barrels or cut-offs to my collection of crap.
View Quote

@gunman0 why did this take an additional 1.5 months? Shouldn’t they be able to ship it after the approvals? Just curious because I purchased from them and currently awaiting my approvals.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Action45:

@gunman0 why did this take an additional 1.5 months? Shouldn’t they be able to ship it after the approvals? Just curious because I purchased from them and currently awaiting my approvals.
View Quote

it’s due to a non over the counter 4473, which has to be mailed to CLEO, then wait 7 days, before they can legally ship to you.

it’s annoying, yes, but in the overall scheme of waiting anyway, it’s nothing, imo. CA is good peeps and always answer the phone when you call.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LnWlf] [#46]
Don’t buy only 1 when you pop your cherry

22lr can is pretty much a must have if you have threaded barrels. Can’t go wrong with a dead air mask, rugged oculus, or otter creek. The HB Vidar 22 is also excellent and priced cheaper than all the above

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#47]
TRy local dealers. Mine has always beat online prices
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
I’ve got 6-7 SBRs on Eform1s (individual) and want to get some cans now.

What is my best avenue to do this? Find a place locally with a silencerco kiosk and do it that way? Or online somewhere?

I’m not new to NFA but I am to this part of it..
View Quote

Where in TX are you?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Action45:

View Quote

Instead of the form 4 approval and pickup the same day at my local dealer, there was more paperwork that they had to confirm/approve, then it was sent to a dealer in my state, and there was a waiting period from when they sent paperwork to the state, stating their intentions to mail it to me, then eventually the in-state dealer mailed it to me.  

Some of the delays were just on Capitol's side with the paperwork that might now be as bad, now.  My approval came at the start of the ATF's silencer approval speedup.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:36:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES] [#50]
Originally Posted By ttushooter:

Where in TX are you?
View Quote

Dallas, Plano specifically
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top