Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/13/2024 5:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat]
Maybe this is just my unique experience, but all throughout my life all of these women who do a ton of DIY crafts are all borderline hoarders and at the very least complete slobs.

Go to some of my wife's friend's homes. Crafting supplies and junk everywhere. Entire tables, desks, or an entire room filled with crafting junk.

It was the same way with some of my mom's friends when I was growing up. One was frankly a wizard at creating some truly cool shit, but.... Their home had an entire wing addition that was like one massive family room and she had completely taken over it with her stuff. Going in that room was like walking into a Michael's or Joann fabrics after a tornado passed over it.

I don’t get these women at all. Organize your shit, or get rid of it. If you run out of green foam or wicker sticks, I'm sure you can go and buy some any old time rather than piling it up inside your house.

One of my best friends has a wife like this. She has practically destroyed the house. I know it drives him insane but she ignores all ultimatum to clean up. I think he'd already be divorced if he wasn't LDS.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Seconded
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It is possible to keep inventory without being a slob.  That is also an option.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys have pole barns and shops. Women usually have a room or two. If you compare it that way it's usually not as bad.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pardt:
Guys have pole barns and shops. Women usually have a room or two. If you compare it that way it's usually not as bad.
View Quote

I don't think OP's focusing on the amount so much as the lack of organization.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Ha.  Yes, my mom has one room for that.  Quilts mostly, but also sculpting, painting.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been in quite a few gun rooms that are a shit mess.  Most people, in general, are disorganized.  Evidently, only arfcom levels of OCD and autism find this detestable.  That said, my girlfriend's craft room is a total fucking disaster.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:35:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#7]
Originally Posted By User55645:

View Quote
It's not a "woman" or "crafting" thing, it's a human thing.  There are loads of examples of guys who have rooms, garages or entire barns that are absolutly vomiting their hobby all over the place.

Hell I was just in a bicycle shop last week that basically turned warehouse for the guy's business.  Super nice guy. Bought a bike and will go back, but his "shop" is a disorganized pile of....bike, EVERYWHERE.  Actual piles of parts and products.

Do I think it should be much better organized? Of course.  But it was an absolute mess and he isn't a woman or into crafting.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Martha Stewart
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#9]
OP must have been shot down by a chick at Hobby Lobby. Sucks to be OP.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Came here looking for photos of single women, leaving disappointed
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Tell me about their meatloaf.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#12]
oh look, another thread about hating women in GD.   lol
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I read the title and thought you were going to talk about their attractiveness or lack there of.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CypressCity:
oh look, another thread about hating women in GD.   lol
View Quote

I don't think it's all women, more like 87% of women.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
Tell me about their meatloaf.
View Quote

Great performer and a long time Melon's Fat and Tall stores Platinum customer

He wrote that song...what was it again...oh yeah..."I will eat anything for love but I won't eat that"

Great song...good guy...large guy...hope he gets better
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
"I bought all this for 50% off! It was a great deal, I couldn't pass it up!!!!!"

"But honey, you already have 30 boxes of the same shit.''

"I know but I'll use it some day and it'll be FREE.........................."
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
"I bought all this for 50% off! It was a great deal, I couldn't pass it up!!!!!"

"But honey, you already have 30 boxes of the same shit.''

"I know but I'll use it some day and it'll be FREE.........................."
View Quote

"But I saved 50% babe"

"You spent $250 on shoes"

"No, I saved us $250"
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#18]
My mom is very organized and does many types of crafts. She's also a professional artist and an Army vet, so that might have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#19]
we sell shit at craft shows, we have some boxes of beads in a closet, some raw wood and metal in the garage and a handful of totes and displays and a tent.
Some people are "in to" crafting but just make a bunch of random shit they don't sell. If you are actually selling shit you make like 1 specific thing well and it's going to be organized or you are wasting your time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a hyper organized and hyper clean guy myself. OP just described everyone I've ever met.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#21]
When the wife was watching those home buying shows, almost every
woman wanted to have a room for her "art".
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RTX:
View Quote

Lol

My wife has all her hobby and craft shit organized into individual labeled bins, it's so good even I can make a fake birds nest when the need arises
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mancat:

Lol

My wife has all her hobby and craft shit organized into individual labeled bins, it's so good even I can make a fake birds nest when the need arises
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancat:
Originally Posted By RTX:

Lol

LMAO - looking forward to picking up some of your fake birds nests in the EE soon.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#24]
Women are usually dirty and disorganized.

Exhibit 1/2... my daughters car and my wifes purse..
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#25]
OP chose poorly.  Lots of beautiful, thin, normal woman who enjoy crafts.  Not to say there aren’t lefttard hippos out there, you just need to choose wisely.

The wife unit is 15 years younger than me, looks 10 years younger than her age and is a master knitter.  I agree with you that there is a lot of spoiled fruit out there, but that doesn’t mean the batch is spoiled.  Do your best to grab the good ones when you can
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#26]
OPs experience is not unique.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#27]
My wife is "into it" and is super organized.  Has one spare bedroom dedicated to it.  Throws tons of shit out, including machines, every couple of months.  It disgusts her to see/hear about the women who hoard stuff and make it their life.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is my Mom's craft room. Just enough clear floor space to get to the desk.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Sir_Sparhawk:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/464833/IMG_20240513_200647067_jpg-3213789.JPG
View Quote

We've seen some Arphcommer reloading rooms and garages that look similar. Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
Martha Stewart
View Quote

IIRC, she had/has a staff.

She don't count.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#31]
My mom is a seamstress, a slob and a hoarder. she has six storage units of trash. Her house is a storage unit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#32]
this is true
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Once again I am so happy I married the unicorn.  I converted one of the bedrooms into my wifes crafting room and she would never let anything be out of place.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Sir_Sparhawk:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/464833/IMG_20240513_200647067_jpg-3213789.JPG
View Quote
Is she happy? Do her hobbies bring her joy and satisfaction? ZFG otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Creative people tend to be a little disorganized. Its part of the creative process.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#37]
A messy woman is a huge red flag. Eject.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#38]
No. My wife's quilting area and fabric storage is insanely organized. So is my aunt's quilting room. Maybe your opinion is a bias stemming from your surroundings.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I like trash.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#40]
My wife runs an art business. Her art room can get a litttle fucked up when she’s working on big orders but she goes through great lengths to put it back together every couple days if it gets bad
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:
It is possible to keep inventory without being a slob.  That is also an option.
View Quote

My wife and I are messy.
Her sewing stuff is fairly well organized.  Some shelving, some bins, some dedicated small parts containers, etc.  It isn't hard to keep it reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife is the creative director of one of the more popular stamp and die companies in the world.  Her “craft room” is immaculate.  So much so, I go into it to zen and have work zoom meetings.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#43]
My wife is super organized. She has everything in a container and all the containers are labeled. There's even smaller containers that are labeled that are put into a larger container that is labeled. She'll describe what the beads are in the labels for the smaller containers (usually puts the size, color, type and brand) and she'll put them in a larger container that says something appropriate. She keeps all her tools for her crafts in a "craft tool" container. I should be a lot more organized.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#44]
My girl makes her own flys for fishing. She doesn’t have a snob bone in her body, unless you count mine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
My girl makes her own flys for fishing. She doesn’t have a snob bone in her body, unless you count mine.
View Quote

A fleshlight is not a real girl, but it's your story so she can be anything you want her to be.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#46]
My mother does craft finishing work. Her room is immaculate and organized.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Can confirm with OP.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
It's not a "woman" or "crafting" thing, it's a human thing.  There are loads of examples of guys who have rooms, garages or entire barns that are absolutly vomiting their hobby all over the place.

Hell I was just in a bicycle shop last week that basically turned warehouse for the guy's business.  Super nice guy. Bought a bike and will go back, but his "shop" is a disorganized pile of....bike, EVERYWHERE.  Actual piles of parts and products.

Do I think it should be much better organized? Of course.  But it was an absolute mess and he isn't a woman or into crafting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By User55645:

It’s true. I know gun guys like that, car guys like that, and on and on.  Definitely not a woman thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Wordski.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#50]
It's not a "woman" or "crafting" thing, it's a human thing.  There are loads of examples of guys who have rooms, garages or entire barns that are absolutely vomiting their hobby all over the place.

View Quote
Yeah my basement is my "area" since I don't have a garage. Racks full of car parts, 3d printing supplies, model cars and trains... it's a goddamn disaster, but it's my disaster. I know where everything is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top