Site Notices
Justified Anchor Shot? (Page 5 of 6)
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, that wasn’t an anchor shot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#2]
BTW, if no one has mentioned it, the word is "supine".
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ohio:
View Quote

I prefer the term recumbent.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:
How do you drop a gun that is in your pocket?
View Quote

Go back and watch a few times.
They keep telling him hands out of your pockets.  No mention of a gun yet.  Then as he moved backward he pulled up enough for one of the officers to see the pistol. That resulted in a drop it and don’t do it etc.  Take your hand off it or drop it has the same meaning.  The guy was willfully ignoring that he was being told to stop.   For the first few seconds all they hadn’t seen the pistol.  For them to see it he was obviously starting to work it out from the pocket.

I think this thread may be exposing some serious lack of street smarts on this site.    Maybe it’s because I went to a really bad High School, but you can see it a mile away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mc556:

They keep telling him hands out of your pockets.  No mention of a gun yet.  Then as he moved backward he pulled up enough for one of the officers to see the pistol. That resulted in a drop it and don’t do it etc.  Take your hand off it or drop it has the same meaning.  The guy was willfully ignoring that he was being told to stop.   For the first few seconds all they hadn’t seen the pistol.  For them to see it he was obviously starting to work it out from the pocket.

I think this thread may be exposing some serious lack of street smarts on this site.    Maybe it’s because I went to a really bad High School, but you can see it a mile away.
View Quote

It's not just this site. People generally don't pay attention to details like that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:28:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#6]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

It's not just this site. People generally don't pay attention to details like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It would be wise for many to start.   The whole thing from start to finish was very calculated on the criminals part.  Not to mention IMO obvious.
  He was working out a plan to escape which looked to include shooting if needed.   When the cops  had guns drawn and said take your hands out of your pocket he would have done so if that weren’t the case.    If someone disagrees by all means explain.
The officer who shot him was wise to that fact the guy was trying to play games
     “Take your hands out of your pockets “
Decision was a no and proceeded by getting his pistol at the ready.   The cops now see the pistol  “ take your hands off the gun”.  Decision was also a no and suspect continued stalling for time and creating space.
   “Drop the gun “.   Commands still ignored and suspect still trying to create space.   Still the officers were pleading with him to stop and he still continued to stall
Finally he pulled a pistol out very deliberately.
 He was planning to play quick draw from the hip movie style.   When he pulled the pistol out he was thinking they didn’t have the nerve to shoot.  Then from that position he could quick snap a few rounds off and get away.    He was actually half right.  The one cop hesitated.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
Sad. Dude should have listened.
View Quote

What is sad?  

The fact the a wannbe bad ass pulled a gun and got put down?

Or the fact that he forced the hand of people that abide by the law and contribute to society, and changed the trajectory of their lives/careers?

Justified (which most of seem to agree this one is, or not, this shit does not go away overnight.

They will get run through the ringer on the internet, especially social media, but even after they are cleared, the family will probably be given millions, to appease the masses.

My friend killed a guy many years ago. 1000000% justified from jump street. He was fine with it until the family was given a pile of money down the road. He told me thats when he felt like he must have done something wrong.

This shit isnt like killing a deer, tagging it, and dropping it off at the processor. Its sticks with you for a long time. In some cases, forever.

There are not many things in life I can think of that you can be 100% correct on, yet continuously doubt yourself.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

There's always gotta be the one guy.
View Quote

But 30 years ago in boot camp, it worked every time!

Why couldn't they just shoot the gun out of his hand and offered him counseling???

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Homie wasn't going back to jail again.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

How about “protracted lounging”?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
From watching many scumbags eat lead on policeactivity, there are a couple of things to note.

1) If you've already shot somebody, every movement with be interpreted as a continued threat
2) If you got the gun or knife in your hand. every movement will be interpreted as a threat
(2a) Drop the fucking gun or die
3) After dropping the weapon (Because shot. Or because not stupid) reaching in that general direction will be interpreted as a threat
4) Holding any object in your hands when encountering law enforcement is likely to be interpreted as a threat
- A trash bag will get you just as dead as an M11-9

I've yet to see anyone holding their empty hands out in front of them, and saying "Please GOD don't shoot me Cleetus!," get shot.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

He wasn't shot for carrying it.

He was shot for pulling it out of his pocket, right after the two cops with guns pointed at him, explicitly told him not to do that. They also told him exactly what would happen if he did it. If you were these cops, how much longer do you wait?

That Airman was given zero opportunity to comply. And he didn't pull a gun out on the cops, it was already in his hand.
View Quote

How much longer do I wait? Until that pistol is in motion towards me or someone else,I don’t get to kill him.

Cops yelling at you doesn’t circumvent the constitution. From the limited context of the video he was executed by the cops for failing to respect their authority.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Agreed on your last sentence, problem is that’s not the ONLY thing that happened here.

It’s the backing away and ignoring 45 seconds of instructions telling him NOT to do what he did, then doing it anyways.

If you tell someone not to pull their gun out, repeatedly, while you have firearms pointed at them, and they ignore you and do it anyways, what would a reasonable person think they intend to do with it?

Seriously.  Cops don’t need to get shot at first to justify shooting someone who ignores commands and pulls a weapon on them.  

Again, some people on this forum….

View Quote

The cops were yelling at him to pull his hands out AND to drop the weapon. Cops are giving conflicting instructions and then execute him for something.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rock71:

I wasn’t planning to dog  pile. But, since you doubled down, here it is.

You are wrong. You should educate yourself on both the law and tactics. As for the common sense part, you just have to play the hand you were dealt.

If a person was in your house, would it justify shooting them? I mean, it might be a birthday party.

What if it was a person in your house at 2:00AM, uninvited?

With a butcher knife?

At some point, seemingly benign things add up. It’s called totality.

But, you think it was just “having a gun in a park.”

Muh, rats. Lol

View Quote

You doubled down with straw an arguments?

As I have said multiple times, given the context of the video, that was a a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

Yeah, very different set of circumstances.  Here we actually do have the dead guy pulling a gun out on officers after they made contact, rather than opening a door to his own residence.

And here there probably wasn't much doubt in the dead guy that they were cops.  I mean, marked cruiser, lights, uniforms, the whole schebang.
View Quote

So exercising your 2A rights is worth a death sentence without due process?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Naffenea:

The cops were yelling at him to pull his hands out AND to drop the weapon. Cops are giving conflicting instructions and then execute him for something.
View Quote

They're not a hivemind. If the cop commanding to not move or show your hands sees a gun being pulled.. well
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jackslack:

So I see you have had guns pointed at you, your life under constant threat for trying to keep civility in check and don't have a family that depends on you for your informed opinion.

What I saw was far too lenient given the daily threat inner city police deal with everyday. Most often with the same repeat suspects.
View Quote

So you support the summary execution of black people exercising their second amendment rights?

Or do you have more context to give than just what was shown in the video?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]

U-R-DUM or a prolific shit stirrer.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just call you a troll.
View Quote

That’s nice Francis. You something to add or just want to keep the 23er tradition alive?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#20]

So you support the summary execution of black people exercising their second amendment rights?

View All Quotes

So I see you have had guns pointed at you, your life under constant threat for trying to keep civility in check and don't have a family that depends on you for your informed opinion.

What I saw was far too lenient given the daily threat inner city police deal with everyday. Most often with the same repeat suspects.

First off race has nothing to do with procedure.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

So given the context of the video, all races should be executed for exercising their second amendment rights when cops are giving conflicting directions?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio:

Prostrate
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#23]

So given the context of the video, all races should be executed for exercising their second amendment rights when cops are giving conflicting directions?
View Quote

Weak trolling attempt. 3 out of 20
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#24]
"supined out" said no one ever
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By doc540:
"supined out" said no one ever
View Quote

I bet Chris Costa has.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Threat neutralized.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Your wording is problematic.

Like it or not we need to be governed by laws. All laws are backed up by force. I'm not a huge cop cheerleader, but I realize you need to comply when dealing with an agent of the state who is capable of using lethal force.

This isn't a case of a guy seeing a guy had a permit by running his plate and shooting him.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#28]

How much longer do I wait? Until that pistol is in motion towards me or someone else,I don’t get to kill him.

Cops yelling at you doesn’t circumvent the constitution. From the limited context of the video he was executed by the cops for failing to respect their authority.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

He wasn't shot for carrying it.

He was shot for pulling it out of his pocket, right after the two cops with guns pointed at him, explicitly told him not to do that. They also told him exactly what would happen if he did it. If you were these cops, how much longer do you wait?

That Airman was given zero opportunity to comply. And he didn't pull a gun out on the cops, it was already in his hand.

I guess we just disagree. The guy had plenty of time and opportunity to clearly show that he didn't want a gunfight. What he chose to do, can be reasonably interpreted as someone preparing for a gunfight.

They don't have to accept the danger and wait for him to try to point it at them.

Why would you not respect their authority?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#29]

What a fucking retard. They gave him EVERY opportunity to not lose his life.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#30]
good shoot, good anchor

he raised the gun after the first shots
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

There's always gotta be the one guy.
View Quote

Too many officers giving too many commands. Agreed. Doesn’t negate the good shoot though. It’s just a bullet point on the after action report under lessons learned.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#32]

To be fair. We come from educated places. Most people don't.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

If I get told that, what I'm going to do is keep my hands above my head and at least go to my knees. That's a hell of a lot less likely to get me shot than actually trying to pull the gun out.

That's a fair argument. I'd counter with the fact that most guys who act like that towards police have a thorough education and experience with stuff like this. Good example is all the bystanders that didn't even blink an eye let alone move when it all went down. Lots of violent people are well versed in police contacts and will push back as much as they think they can get away with all the way up to deadly force.

My guess is that he was no stranger to this type of situation and the cops were aware of that. His behavior and movement put them all on edge and I think their actions saved them being injured or killed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

That's a fair argument. I'd counter with the fact that most guys who act like that towards police have a thorough education and experience with stuff like this. Good example is all the bystanders that didn't even blink an eye let alone move when it all went down. Lots of violent people are well versed in police contacts and will push back as much as they think they can get away with all the way up to deadly force.

My guess is that he was no stranger to this type of situation and the cops were aware of that. His behavior and movement put them all on edge and I think their actions saved them being injured or killed.
View Quote

That's true, too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

True enough.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By pdm:
You should go tell that to Grady Judd…..
View Quote

[Judd] Well, their behavior is sure changed if they're dead. [/Judd]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Totally good with it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mike240:
Too many cops giving commands. It only takes one. Because there always ends being conflicting commands.  Simple concepts of contact cover, been taught for decades. And fucked up usually.
View Quote

This guy knew what was going on, why the police were there, and how it was going to end.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:07:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCPatrolAR] [#39]
Originally Posted By TXBBQGuy:

Unless you're in a hotel hallway and the cops decide to play Simon says but you have to guess which one to listen to and the penalty for listening to the wrong one is death
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Good shoot
View Quote

I don't know, it was kind of worrisome that the coos fired in the direction of passing traffic.   I mean if is a park in CA, there were plenty of homeless around to act as a safe backstop.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/crazykat-330.gif
View Quote
 He is probably just confused because the one officer giving commands gave conflicting commands.  Crawl towards me, keep your hands up.  That is not how crawling works.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:35:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Pokernut:
 He is probably just confused because the one officer giving commands gave conflicting commands.  Crawl towards me, keep your hands up.  That is not how crawling works.
View Quote

It does not take a genius to figure out what the dudes with guns drawn, yelling at you, want you to do.

Universal "Dont Shoot!" is putting your hands in the air.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Thanks for the outline. I missed all of that detail in one viewing on an iPhone SE.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Those instructions are not mutually exclusive one can take there hands out and drop the weapon matter of fact some would say you’d have to do one to do the other.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Frank762:

It does not take a genius to figure out what the dudes with guns drawn, yelling at you, want you to do.

Universal "Dont Shoot!" is putting your hands in the air.
View Quote
 Unfortunately for him he was intoxicated, wearing loose gym shorts and tried to comply but a nepotistic hired never should have been a cop shot him.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll allow it
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

So given from the context of the video as you stated above, exercising your 2A by carrying concealed to the point of exhibiting or brandishing the firearm outside of concealment or holster no longer applies under 2A or other state laws for carrying concealed or open carry.

Weak rebuttal to the facts of the video without full totality of the circumstances provided. Even the video clearly remarks violation of law and potential if not full threat to the public (which theres plenty of bystanders and looks to be residential homes and uniformed officers) nearby.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#48]
In no way was that last shot unjustified. Good shoot all day.

+1 for the Chad Staccato.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Text book good shoot to me.

Dude should have just raised his hands once he realized he couldn't win the gun battle.

Something something

Soros DA,

Something something

Live to fight another day.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#50]
I’m questioning whether or not I even want to be associated with the mass quantities of retard nutters here.  No police command ever consisted of “yank the gun out of your pocket and show it to us!”
Page / 6
Justified Anchor Shot? (Page 5 of 6)
Top Top