Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/28/2024 2:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j_hooker]
From my interactions I’ve learned that people who don’t trust ANYONE, are they themselves not to be trusted.  It’s as if they project to not trust them.

The next one will be controversial. People who hate cats.  I get not liking cats or having allergies but, a deep hatred is not to be trusted.  
Anyone else experience others like this?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
people who have been married 3,4,5,6 times.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:
View Quote

Wow, great one that I hadn’t thought about.  My Dad was shady as shit…. Married 5 times.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]
"Trust me..."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#4]
Politicians, salesmen, preachers... They are all basically the same thing anyway.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody who parts their hair down the middle, wears velcro shoes over the age of 12 and under the age of 70, or wears auto tinting glasses. If they have all 3 qualities then get the hell away.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone with a large amount of white visible around their eyes
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrmy] [#7]
I hate cats, so what?  They are jerks
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: highstepper] [#8]
Democrats.

Anyone who believes in and supports the Dem agenda has no judgement or morals and therefore cannot be trusted.

Also, Never_Trumpers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#9]
Anyone whose nickname comes from the name of city or a state, or from a mode of transport ("Railroad Bill")... not to trusted.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
No offense to Christians, but businesses that put it out there as a reason to do business with them have come up short for me every time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who spends a significant amount of time on the internet because they have no friends or family in their actual life who can stand to be around them and listen to their retarded bullshi*
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Dudes that style their hair like Newsome .

Immediate distrust.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I think there are a lot of dudes who hate cats as a programmed behavior

Like cats = not manly
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
People who are constantly complaining how everyone is against them--their family, their boss, the local government, whatever.  Generally, if everyone is "against you" that usually means you're an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Trust is rarely absolute. There's only one person on earth that I trust completely and a handful I trust a lot but not all the way.

Had a preacher once that told the church not to put their trust in him. Because he was human and if pushed far enough he would fail us. Lots of truth in that statement.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I mostly agree.  At 56 years old, I have learned to trust very few people 100%.  

As for cats, I don't hate them and have owned a few, I am just more of a dog man.

Now lets talk about people who dislike any kind of pet, be it dog or cat, those type people I do not trust at all.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By zach_:
Politicians, salesmen, preachers... They are all basically the same thing anyway.
View Quote

Decades ago, an older acquaintance said not to trust the Ps: politicians, preachers, and painters.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
No offense to Christians, but businesses that put it out there as a reason to do business with them have come up short for me every time.
View Quote

+1
The harder they thump their Bible, the less I trust them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Jesus fish on your car, business sign, etc. Similar to what was posted above. Those people are always shady as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
From my interactions I’ve learned that people who don’t trust ANYONE, are they themselves not to be trusted.  It’s as if they project to not trust them.

The next one will be controversial. People who hate cats.  I get not liking cats or having allergies but, a deep hatred is not to be trusted.  
Anyone else experience others like this?
View Quote

When I hear someone say that they don't like cats I'll respond by saying "Do you know who else didn't like cats? Hitler. Hitler didn't like cats."

Though it's probably not true. Even Hitler most likely liked cats. Also Hitler had a girlfriend. So for all you single guys out there, remember even Hitler could get a woman.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JWnTN:

Decades ago, an older acquaintance said not to trust the Ps: politicians, preachers, and painters.
View Quote

Painters? Don't pay till they are done, and trust is not an issue.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jerrmy:
View Quote

You stay over there where we can see you!  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:02:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#23]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
View Quote

Same here, at least 90% of the time.  A few exceptions, but not many.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#24]
A good rule of thumb: The words "trust me" are synonymous with the words "fuck you." Anyone who uses the term in conversation is about to try and screw you.

Once you start noticing that, it gets a little difficult to keep a straight face when some dude says it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#25]
a general principle is that the more someone angles their eyes away from the direction of their face - side eye - during direct conversation, the more they are trying to hide.  this applies if their face is square with you and their eyes are angled away, or if their eyes are aimed at you and their face is angled away.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

As for cats, I don't hate them and have owned a few, I am just more of a dog man.

Now lets talk about people who dislike any kind of pet, be it dog or cat, those type people I do not trust at all.
View Quote

There's two kinds of people you can't trust:  people who don't like dogs and people who dogs don't like.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't trust anyone 100%.  Close.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Vague:
"Trust me..."
View Quote

Yup. I even hate when someone asks "can I trust you?" I respond "only you can decide how much you trust me. I'm not going to stand here and tell you you can, because if I have to say it then it isn't true." Usually a woman asking me that question.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:
View Quote

Had a neighbor get married late morning one Saturday. By dinner she'd left, the crazy was off the charts with her. He was recently retired and wanted to move to Florida. Never did hear what the problem was with her.
Bought his rowboat before he left. She didn't go to Florida.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#30]

I would argue cat people CANNOT be trusted.

I would trust a dog person with my life though
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm also very skeptical of folks who try really hard to seem like they care, like they're good people. Only ever met one guy where I was wrong about that. Used to be a Dean's Assistant at work. Immediately started going on about how he cares for the kids and the community. Made me look at him funny right off the bat. But after getting to know him over the years he certainly walked the walk, not just talk the talk.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

There's two kinds of people you can't trust:  people who don't like dogs and people who dogs don't like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

Well said.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RAL:

When I hear someone say that they don't like cats I'll respond by saying "Do you know who else didn't like cats? Hitler. Hitler didn't like cats."

Though it's probably not true. Even Hitler most likely liked cats. Also Hitler had a girlfriend. So for all you single guys out there, remember even Hitler could get a woman.
View Quote

Lol!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#35]
The folks who do not own guns, or even worse are the ones who not only do not own any guns, but also support mass gun confiscation.  I don't trust them one bit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jerrmy:
View Quote

This. But I also have a cat and we chill. Until he starts being a jerk again.

Yet I’m like the Fort Knox of trust. I’m useless at a lot but give me something in confidence or a task that matters to you it’s safe.

Aside that I’m largely useless.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I have to know you 10 years to trust you with personal information.
I have to know you 20 if you're going to help me hide bodies.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By runcible:
Anyone whose nickname comes from the name of city or a state, or from a mode of transport ("Railroad Bill")... not to trusted.
View Quote

(See UserName)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#39]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
View Quote

Or they just have burned so many times that they have become realists.

...and cats are awesome, I love cats.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Agree on any business or individual who wears their godliness on their sleeves so blatantly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#41]
People who give life advice online.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#42]
People who say, “trust me, I’m a Christian.”

Now, before I get a rash of shit, I’m not saying that Christians are not trustworthy, I’m saying that those who open with letting you know how “Christian “ they are are trying to lull you into foolish trust.  

“My word is my bond” is also a red flag. Get it in writing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Never trust ANY agents of the government
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#44]
I don't trust anyone as far as I can throw them. Unless they prove they can be trusted first.

I've been burned too many times in the past believing in the whole "Common good of man thing."

Huge red flag if they are a stranger and keep calling you "My Friend"
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Latina nurses
College chicks of Indian (dot) descent with a strict xenophobic family who's on a rebound
Colombian girls who like Tool whose family fled the cartels

Yeah, don't ask
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Experienced realtors. Sins of omission and commission.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By runcible:
View Quote
\

They don't call me "Big Dick Daddy from Cincinnati" for nothing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:32:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XDONX3] [#48]
Not liking cats equates to not wanting to put any effort into a relationship. Cats don’t just automatically love you they require you to be good to them. Projection is real and it’s why liberals don’t like guns because they know they couldn’t trust themselves with one so others can’t be either. Or a guy that always thinks people are trying to steal from him, you can bet he’s constantly thinking about stealing from others.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Names have power.

Avoid people with Disney Princess kinda names,
Valuable stone/gem names,
Stripper names,
alternatively spelled names,
named after cars,
Have a nickname as a given name, I.e. Billy, Johnie, etc.,
Hyphenated names unless Hispanic, a female professional with pre-marital renown, or the Son in law of European royalty who only had daughters.

The odds of their life being a shitshow of financial, legal, substance abuse, medical problems, psychiatric problems, etc. and that rubbing off on your life is way disproportional odds.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Trusting someone 100% is denying their humanity, just as not trusting someone based on a predetermined rule is.
"Trust, but verify."
Everyone has a price. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. All you can hope to know is that their price hasn't been met, yet.
The trick is never putting anyone in that position or giving someone a real reason to betray trust.
Except the Dutch. Never trust them.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top