Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Posted: 5/3/2024 9:52:51 PM EDT
This is a fun tournament. 3 rounds at 3 different courses. There are 72 players in the scratch championship flight and 3 other flights based on handicap. My goal is a top 20.

Round 1 was at the Grand Canyon University course, which is my least favorite of the 3. They just had a pro mini tour event there and the greens were stupid fast. Played at 6925 yards.

I gave away a couple shots at the end but I’m pretty happy to start with 74. Currently tied for 17th.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice round Sean but that Blake guy went deep @ -8 holy shit!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:
View Quote

I'd be tickled pink in the 70s but -8 is incomprehensible

Kick ass on the next course Sean!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

I looked him up. He’s a +5 handicap
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys ever shot a 6 over 78 with a double and quadruple bogey on the card?

Today was at Aguila and played 7054 yards. I made 2 bad swings all day and paid dearly for both of them.

It’s frustrating because I’m playing good golf. I dropped to 31st so I have some work to do for that top 20.

Attachment Attached File

Tomorrow is at Papago, which is a tough course in good conditions. The championship flight tees off in the afternoon with 30+ mph gusts. Should be interesting!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optimator] [#5]
Originally Posted By Sean124:
You guys ever shot a 6 over 78 with a double and quadruple bogey on the card?

Today was at Aguila and played 7054 yards. I made 2 bad swings all day and paid dearly for both of them.

It’s frustrating because I’m playing good golf. I dropped to 31st so I have some work to do for that top 20.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/341181/IMG_0983_jpeg-3205810.JPG

Tomorrow is at Papago, which is a tough course in good conditions. The championship flight tees off in the afternoon with 30+ mph gusts. Should be interesting!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/341181/IMG_0981_jpeg-3205813.JPG
View Quote

I've shot 6 over on one hole

Good luck tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By optimator:

Good luck tomorrow!
View Quote

I've probably been six over on a tee box at one time or another.....
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
Originally Posted By optimator:

Good luck tomorrow!

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot another 78 today but feel much better about it than yesterday. The wind was absolutely brutal, gusting in the 30s the whole round.

I finished 28th out of 72.

I played a lot of great golf and really just had 5 bad holes in 3 rounds. Next tournament is in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I shot another 78 today but feel much better about it than yesterday. The wind was absolutely brutal, gusting in the 30s the whole round.

I finished 28th out of 72.

I played a lot of great golf and really just had 5 bad holes in 3 rounds. Next tournament is in 2 weeks.
View Quote

30 mph is brutal

Welcome to my world

Respectable finish sir, it is tough to have a great round, almost impossible to string 3 great rounds together
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BigPolska:

30 mph is brutal

Welcome to my world

Respectable finish sir, it is tough to have a great round, almost impossible to string 3 great rounds together
View Quote

I’ve never been a particularly good wind player. I’m just happy I kept a good attitude and never mentally checked out.

I hit a PW 180 yards and a 7 iron 130 yards

The hardest part was putting. The greens were too fast for those conditions.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Also, I feel the need to go 2 iron shopping
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#12]

I’ve never been a particularly good wind player. I’m just happy I kept a good attitude and never mentally checked out.

I hit a PW 180 yards and a 7 iron 130 yards

The hardest part was putting. The greens were too fast for those conditions.
View Quote

I hear ya on the wind, we had a Veteran Golfers Association tournament Saturday here in Albuquerque @ UNM South, one of if not the hardest course in the state, and the wind was miserable. I managed to walk off the course shooting right at my handicap for a net 71 but everyone else was posting some uncharacteristically high scores. This time of year is all about the wind in the southwest, its just something we have to deal with unless you barricade yourself in doors and wait till June then it gets too hot!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#13]

I hear ya on the wind, we had a Veteran Golfers Association tournament Saturday here in Albuquerque @ UNM South, one of if not the hardest course in the state, and the wind was miserable. I managed to walk off the course shooting right at my handicap for a net 71 but everyone else was posting some uncharacteristically high scores. This time of year is all about the wind in the southwest, its just something we have to deal with unless you barricade yourself in doors and wait till June then it gets too hot!!!
View Quote

I grew up in the PNW and the wind usually just wasn’t much of a factor. I was really good at playing in the rain lol
Page General » Golf
Top Top