Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 3:16:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WDEagle] [#1]

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Truth.

Love the Oatmeal.

Fun fact, it is because of the Oatmeal that I believe I could take on 36 baboons armed only with a giant dildo before succumbing to their attacks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh.  Just if you’re an obsessed fanboy.  Otherwise, you just like them and just buy a newer one when your current one dies.  And not necessarily the latest version.

I had a couple of friends who went through the fanboy phase in their 20s.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Meh.  Just if you're an obsessed fanboy.  Otherwise, you just like them and just buy a newer one when your current one dies.  And not necessarily the latest version.

View Quote
I remember when the next generation iPhone was a huge deal and people would camp out in front of the store the night before. Now nobody cares lol.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Recently I saw a movie I had been wanting to see for awhile called Iron Sky the coming race.

(Godawful movie just for the record. There's a scene where they are running from lizard person Margaret Thatcher and Bin Ladin and it's boring as shit.)

One of the plot elements is The Jobbists. People who have escalated Apple products to a religion. I think you could make an interesting movie out of that element alone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#7]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
I remember when the next generation iPhone was a huge deal and people would camp out in front of the store the night before. Now nobody cares lol.
View Quote

Phones haven't really fundamentally changed in years now, and they're all pretty much the same form factor. And even the cheap ones now get good battery life.

Until we get a new "killer app" I don't see that changing much. Not sure what it will be. My money is and has been on augmented reality in some way or form.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]
For me It’s typically buy, use and never think about for years because it just works. Replace once it’s broken or nearly broken with newer model.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#9]
Originally Posted By TurdyDingo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
View Quote

Oh man, I haven’t seen that in years.  That was a great video.

For a few years after it was made, we'd make references to it when we ordered phones for employees.

"Did you order Jim a new phone yet?"
"Yeah, I got the one with the bigger GBs and the WiFis."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
They hate us cuz they ain’t us. #AppleGang
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]
They do make amazing products.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Paul:

View Quote

Used to *.

Every apple device within the past 5+ years has been garbage/designed to easily fail.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:07:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#13]
Originally Posted By contract:

Used to *.

Every apple device within the past 5+ years has been garbage/designed to easily fail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Used to *.

Mine have been flawless.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#14]
So, according to the cartoon The Oatmeal experienced all this.  ...including the gargling part?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OscarD] [#16]
Eh.

I did upgrade to a 15 pro max a few months ago. Prior to that I’d had my 12 for several years. There’s maybe three apps in total that I paid for.

I’ve had my iPad Pro for about three years now. With the Magic Keyboard it’s pretty much replaced my laptop. Prior to that I had another iPad for years.

I’ve also had the watch and airpods for about three years now.

Android sux. I’ve had them in the past and won’t go back. I like how all my crap works together seamlessly and don’t really give a damn about widgets. I don’t want to tinker with my phone. I just want to pick it up and use it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Used to *.

View All Quotes

Used to *.

I’ve had zero issues with mine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
My iphone screen is cracked, the speakers are fucked, can't talk to anyone with it without using a headset, battery's not good.

Still haven't bothered to replace it yet since it still does what I need it to do. Which is mostly using it for apps related to work. And to shitpost online.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Meh..
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve never understood why people care about what brand of phone other people have.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Meh.  Just if you're an obsessed fanboy.  Otherwise, you just like them and just buy a newer one when your current one dies.  And not necessarily the latest version.

I bought my 13 Pro a few months after it came out (first iPhone) as the trade in for my Pixel was insane and will be replacing the battery shortly as it’s down to 84% health.

I’ll buy a new iPhone when this one physically dies unlike the last 15 years of Android phones where they’d just slow to a crawl every few years which no reset would fix and they only had 2-3 years of updates.

The only Apple devices I like are the AirPods, iPhone, and iPad as they’re better than Android devices.  PC is better than Mac though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Used to *.

View Quote

I bought my iPhone X in 2017.

I would still have it if I hadn’t dropped it in a drain pan of antifreeze not long ago.

So now I have a 15. Guess I’ll test your theory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm waiting on a screen assy for my 6s because I broke one of the ribbon cables when changing batteries. I'm currently using my backup 6 until then. I'd like to upgrade, however I cannot justify $300 for a better device to be spied on with.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:
I’ve never understood why people care about what brand of phone other people have.
View Quote

Most don't.  The bulk of the arguments for or against one or the other are usually built on edge cases or absurdities, much like the comic in the OP.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:
View Quote

Because certain people are obsessed with what other people are doing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Used to *.

View All Quotes

Used to *.

@right_rudder
Called out!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Funny and not too far from the truth for a lot of people. Apple product prices (new and refurbished) just amaze me how high they are for what you actually get.
It's absolutely ridiculous what the masses are willing to pay for a trendy product because it came from apple and does some cool stuff but isn't worth even half what they cost.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By OscarD:
Eh.

I did upgrade to a 15 pro max a few months ago. Prior to that I’d had my 12 for several years. There’s maybe three apps in total that I paid for.

I’ve had my iPad Pro for about three years now. With the Magic Keyboard it’s pretty much replaced my laptop. Prior to that I had another iPad for years.

I’ve also had the watch and airpods for about three years now.

Android sux. I’ve had them in the past and won’t go back. I like how all my crap works together seamlessly and don’t really give a damn about widgets. I don’t want to tinker with my phone. I just want to pick it up and use it.
View Quote

LOOSER!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK-GUY45] [#29]
I guess not many people want them anymore since I keep seeing ads on tv saying to just come in and trade your damaged iPhone for a free new one. Mines damaged and I still haven’t even bothered to do that..
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Firestarter123:

I bought my 13 Pro a few months after it came out (first iPhone) as the trade in for my Pixel was insane and will be replacing the battery shortly as it's down to 84% health.

I'll buy a new iPhone when this one physically dies unlike the last 15 years of Android phones where they'd just slow to a crawl every few years which no reset would fix and they only had 2-3 years of updates.

The only Apple devices I like are the AirPods, iPhone, and iPad as they're better than Android devices.  PC is better than Mac though.
View Quote
Fun fact. It's the same OS on all Apple devices
Originally Posted By mcantu:

@right_rudder
Called out!!!!!
View Quote
Ah. Claims made with no examples or credentials evaluate his judgment on design
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dropbass] [#31]
I guess I’m not a fanboy. Last 3 phones were 10x, 12 plus and 14 pro max. My next one likely will be a 16 whatever. 😂

Yet before the 10x my last phone was 6+. I buy features, not models.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: irons04] [#32]
Adult men really worry about what purchases other men make?

I thought that was a high estrogen/low T issue?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Oh man, I haven't seen that in years.  That was a great video.

For a few years after it was made, we'd make references to it when we ordered phones for employees.

"Did you order Jim a new phone yet?"
"Yeah, I got the one with the bigger GBs and the WiFis."
View Quote
Had a coworker that would chastise other employees because they didn't adjust their scans because they were using too many "kaybees". She didn't know what it meant, just that a million years ago she was told the setting to use but insisted she still needed it the exact same over 20 years later. So and so said we had to use setting for the kaybees!

Ugh, we're running multiple servers and have terabytes of storage, stop talking about the kaybees!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I've owned a 6S and a 13.  I guess that means I'll own an iPhone 20 next or XX or 10100 or whatever they call it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top