Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/14/2024 10:24:50 AM EDT
A new billboard along Alameda Avenue and Pecos Street is causing a stir in Denver.

The Laramie County Sheriff's Office in Wyoming paid for the billboard to recruit deputies while throwing shade at Denver leaders.

In an exclusive interview, FOX31's Talya Cunningham asked the sheriff about his decision to make the billboard.

Sheriff Brian Kozak stands by his decision to cross state lines and pay $2,500 to put up this message on a billboard in Denver, "Work in Wyoming where breaking the law is still illegal and cops are funded."

It's National Police Week, and this billboard went up on Sunday, sending a clear message.

Kozak said they've been successfully recruiting in Denver for some time now, and this is all part of a marketing campaign.

The sheriff's office posted the billboard on social media with a caption that reads in part, "National media reported the City of Denver, on the other hand, decided to defund the police $8 million to fund immigrant shelters and restrict the ability for cops to enforce traffic laws "

It's getting mixed reactions online with some complaining about the sheriff using taxpayer money for the billboard. Others support the claims, and some say it's instigating conflict.

Kozak said he's heard from many frustrated Denver officers and deputies and he's not shy to say he's taking full advantage of it.

"One of the things is you get to do your job here. So, you get to enforce the laws here," said Kozak. "We try to look where officers are not happy with the political environment, and we try to promote our culture here in Wyoming where it's more of a conservative area. Like I said, the community supports law enforcement."

View Quote
moar
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL, the truth always upsets the liberals.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
He's not wrong
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The sad thing is, why would they move and take a job where they actually have to work?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting a photo of the billboard
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#6]
So facts are controversial now, huh?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd recruit Andrea to my bed chambers six ways to Sunday
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By westphoenix:
View Quote

Not in the article but you see it in the video.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Ebbing, Missouri would like a word.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Love it!

Pointing the car north gets more tempting every day around these parts, wind be damned.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#12]
He's not wrong and bold move. I see no issues using tax payer money to recruit deputies.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I was the assistant GM for Roto-Rooter of Las Vegas for a short time.  I used to put our recruiting bumper stickers on our competitors trucks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL.  Good.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#15]
He should delineate that the offer is only applicable to officers with less than 2 years on Denver's payroll. They are there any longer and they are ruined.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
View Quote

The truth upsets everyone.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#18]
87% visible
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I understand Denver is a cesspool, similar to Seattle and San Francisco, with everything from drugs, illegal immigrants and homelessness. I believe that taking good police away from shithole lib cities will further their decline. Voters are getting what they voted for(the majority, unfortunately). Maybe those that are fed up can move away and take their tax payments with them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#20]
That Sheriff is no dummy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Wonder if they'd hire a 48 year old physically fit male with college degree?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#23]
"upset" he's using taxpayer money...
Ignoramus, do you think any possible recruiting method doesn't use taxpayer money?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mikepiet:
View Quote
probably.

people ain't clamoring to move to cheyenne.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Likely any agency in this country would hire you. If anything older recruits tend to do better.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#26]
That's right Coloradan officers...why ticket other Coloradans in CO when you can do it here and be popular while doing so? (about 2/3s of the cars I see pulled over in WY have CO plates...and I approve)
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#27]
The fact Denver has any cops left tells you about the quality of those that still work there. I'm not saying there are none with higher motives, but I'm guessing most would be a net deficit to any remotely free part of America.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#28]
It appears the marketing tactic may be working. The sheriff said they’ve already received 40 new applications.
View Quote

Imagine that
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Ebbing, Missouri would like a word.  
View Quote

That was a really good movie, kinda trailed off at the end though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#30]

That's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Denver Mayor Mike Johnston’s office responded, saying in part, “The Denver Police Department’s budget was carefully crafted with safety leaders and Mayor Johnston to ensure there would be no impact to the department’s public services. To say that Denver is ‘defunding the police’ is a willful mischaracterization of the budget reductions.”
View Quote

lol, but he apparently had no objection to the assertion that not charging criminals for crimes they commit, and letting the ones they do arrest walk with little to no bail is a 100% accurate characterization
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I've seen I believe las Vegas pd doing the same in king county. Ironically they were advertising in the city with the highest paid cops in the state(Kent). For good reason it's a very vibrant violent city. Still I doubt Vegas pays 140k base a year.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SEAN10MM:
I understand Denver is a cesspool, similar to Seattle and San Francisco, with everything from drugs, illegal immigrants and homelessness. I believe that taking good police away from shithole lib cities will further their decline. Voters are getting what they voted for(the majority, unfortunately). Maybe those that are fed up can move away and take their tax payments with them.
View Quote

The policies only change when the people voting for those policies are actually affected.

Most progressive policies are insanely racist because they result in massive negative impacts to minority communities. But the people voting to decriminalize drug use, encourage rampant property theft, etc, etc, are living in areas mostly unaffected by those policies, or have the means to not traverse the areas that become affected.

It can take years for the trickle down of poor decision making impact the limousine liberals such that they "learn a lesson". But also, you're CRAZY to be a police officer in Seattle, Denver, or San Francisco, where the local DA is more focused on investigating and arresting you than any of the actual criminals in the city. These policies would have all been reversed years ago if the police departments just collectively shuttered and quit. Instead they just focused on providing less services.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
probably.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
probably.

Housing prices say you are wrong.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Libertas:
View Quote

She looks meaty
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#38]
The Dallas Stars don't want to recruit anyone from Denver.
Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#39]
People are upset that a department is spending money on recruiting?  
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
87% visible
View Quote

Fat ass reporter is in the way.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By testify4:
Love it!

Pointing the car north gets more tempting every day around these parts, wind be damned.
View Quote

100%.  Or west.

Oh no it's creating a conflict - words are going to hurt.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#42]
If Denver has a problem with officer retention, perhaps they should take steps to solve the problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Those cities in particular have furthered their own decline by either limiting what police can enforce, and by making things that should be illegal legal.  Seattle, for example, made up to (I think) 60 doses of heroine legal.  So the drug dealers just carried smaller (legal) amounts and went back and restocked after selling out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75325/1000009782_jpg-3214075.JPG
Sheriff's really like the khaki and green color combo.  I think it's better than blue, dark or light.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Sheriff's really like the khaki and green color combo.  I think it's better than blue, dark or light.
View Quote

I think state law in ga says the high sheriff’s office uniform is to be brown .
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nightstalker] [#46]
View Quote
Lose the SOROS DA'S and sanctuary councils and you could turn any of these cities around Portland , Seattle, Austin, Denver, even D.C.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

WOOD
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:
If Denver has a problem with officer retention, perhaps they should take steps to solve the problem.
View Quote

They're not done creating the problem, so they have no intention of solving it.  Denver mayor is cutting department budgets to pay for illegals, so you can see where his priority is.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 1245xx:

Fat ass reporter is in the way.
View Quote

https://www.instagram.com/andreahendersontv/?hl=en

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#50]

https://www.instagram.com/andreahendersontv/?hl=en

View Quote

Oh my God what a ham beast
Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top