Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
debating between the tisas and lfa compact now.
i ordered some Atlas mags to try.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

My concern with the import stuff is lack of support in a few years. Not that LFA's success is guaranteed. But look at the Tisas Hi Powers imported just a few years ago by LKCI. Is SDS going to warranty guns on behalf of LKCI? Possibly but also not likely.

Something I do find frustrating is that a company like Ruger hadn't seen the emerging 2011 market and been able to step in. Something like the MAC or Tisas but made in America and priced at $1399 or so would probably do okay. Something close in price to the Prodigy but in stainless steel or with a machined aluminum grip or whatever to help distinguish it from the rest of thr market would probably do well. Instead we have to rely on Turkish imports to meet demands of the run of the mill consumer.
View Quote

Pretty sure an American company can't produce the same quality at or near the same price point as the Turkish guns. No way can Ruger or someone similar compete with the Turks at that price point.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Picture of a couple 10mm Rocks I have owned for a few months, both have run flawless and very accurate.
Fit and finish was better than I expected, I would say equal to my Tisas. They have steel frames but thats a good thing running my home rolled ammo.

" />
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked one up in 4.25" 10mm.  Got it home and the FAR DOT doesn't work.  It looks like such a piece of junk, I don't think I will even send it in for warranty replacement.  I was going to remove the flared magwell but the pin that holds it on also holds the main spring housing on.  When you re -insert the pin without the magwell, the pin sticks out on both sides and digs right into the meat of your hand.  

I had a TLR-7sub(1913 version) lying around that fit right on the gun.  It doesn't sit all the way back onto the trigger guard, but is still far enough back to actuate with my trigger finger.  Not sure if it is required to be resting on the trigger guard.  Put my Holosun EPS carry on it.  I was going to direct mount it to the slide but I had to use the Holosun supplied plate because the screws that came with the EPS carry were a tad bit too long.  I couldn't use the screws from the FAR DOT because they are not countersunk.

I bought it on a whim and kind of wished I hadn't.  I didn't realize the lower receiver is so proprietary.  I figured I could change the grips to something that didn't feel so hard and plasticy, but the grips appear to be an integral part of the lower receiver.  I've never really liked the way double stack 1911s felt in my hand, but this one might be thinner because it is in 10mm and it felt pretty good in the hand.  Or maybe they just did it better, since I think these also come 45ACP.

I'll see how it shoots eventually.  Current work schedule doesn't leave me much time to go to the range anymore.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a crap shoot.  Pretty good vid Melvin posted.
FWIW, my prodigy had me cussing it for a while.  In my case it was just the thick ceracoat on the rails.  Otherwise it is keeper.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top