Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2023 7:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boatsank]
Just got this today by impulse. Anybody know about this commercial brand? I know they sold AK but didn’t know about Maks.

Looks to me that it’s been unfired since it left the factory.

Also came with box, holster, lanyard, and spare mag. I used to have a Bulgarian Mak and a few Cz 82s and regret selling every one of them. I also still have several boxes of ammo lying around somewhere. Just got to figure out where.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Commercial production Bulgarian Makarov, should be a decent shooter.  

i would say Arsenal is high quality, even though it doesn't quite have the panache of a surplus gun.  But of the post-cold commercial Maks, it's the one I would seek out, as Arsenal didn't seem to suddenly lose competency when the Berlin Wall fell.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, late commercial gun. Should be a good shooter. I'd upgrade the thumb rest import grips to something nicer. I prefer East German surplus black bakelite grips.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I hate those thumb rest commercial grips. Need to hunt down the original reddish brown surplus grips. That’s what I did on my last one.
The box has a quality certificate paper saying it was made in January 1999.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Circle 10 made in 83.  Got it a few years ago.  Gun never misses a beat.  Right before the Covid ammo shit I picked a case of Wolf ammo for it. I would pick up a few mags.  They just keep going up in price.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 12:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boatsank] [#5]
All that came with it.

The lanyard is flimsy and length makes my think it was made for a midget. But the holster looks nice.
Top Top