Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 6:36:38 PM EDT
A new 5" US Army running PMC 230 grain ball:

Attachment Attached File

No jams, carpeted floor on gun range.

My first thought was to tell him to have his nephew catch the cases w/ his hands instead of the pliers, but that's not the problem.

Barrel link too short, ejector too long?

Tisas will fix it, I'm sure, just curious as to what would cause this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Weak grip?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well lubed?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:  Well lubed?
View Quote

That I don't know.  How is lack of lubrication going to dent every case that's ejected?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Extractor gripping too tight?  Or too light?  Can't decide
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bga71:  Extractor gripping too tight?  Or too light?  Can't decide
View Quote

Is the case hitting the barrel hood on the way out the door?  Ejector too long?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Might want to see if the ejector is tuned properly to start.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:  Might want to see if the ejector is tuned properly to start.
View Quote

It's going back to Tisas, will let them fix it, but I figgered it had to be the ejector or the barrel link.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Obvious hard ejection:
Light recoil spring
Tight extractor
Incorrectly tuned ejector

If the customer hasn't changed the recoil spring because some chucklehead told him to, I'd let Tisas fix it.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Turkish pistol?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:  Obvious hard ejection:
Light recoil spring
Tight extractor

If the customer hasn't changed the recoil spring because some chucklehead told him to, I'd let Tisas fix it.
View Quote

Yeah, no, this was its first outing doing this.  Going back to Tisas, I'm sure they'll make it right.  I was just genuinely baffled as to what would cause this, never seen it before.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:  Turkish pistol?
View Quote

Yes, new out of the box.  I've sold 10 of em so far, this was the 1st complaint I've had.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The ejector on a Tisas is a standard length.  I installed an extended ejector on mine and it works just fine, so a long ejector is probably not the problem.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
If it runs perfectly, no worries. The USGI profile ejection port works fine but will do that to brass. One of the major reasons match 1911’s have enlarged ejection ports is to minimize damage to brass for reloading not to enhance reliability. If you reload, that will still straighten out in a sizing die, if you do not it is of zero consequence
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:
Obvious hard ejection:
Light recoil spring
Tight extractor

View Quote

Originally Posted By captain127:
If it runs perfectly, no worries. The USGI profile ejection port works fine but will do that to brass. One of the major reasons match 1911’s have enlarged ejection ports is to minimize damage to brass for reloading not to enhance reliability. If you reload, that will still straighten out in a sizing die, if you do not it is of zero consequence
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By captain127:
View Quote

This  ^^^^^^^
Top Top