Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 1:09:23 PM EDT
I'm 5'9", 160 lbs, and wanted to get a X300U to carry AIWB with a Tier 1 Axis Elite holster, on my G32 (same size as G19).

Was planning on using the G32 as my home defense gun, but also for carrying CCW while camping / hiking / outdoors.

I hear some people say the X300 is much more uncomfortable to carry AIWB on a G19 / G32, wondering what your guys' thoughts are.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vote4Cthulhu] [#1]
I used to carry a full size gun AIWB with a Modlite PL-350, which has about the same footprint as an X300. After a few times of having my 🥜 get 🤌 against my leg, I swapped to a Beretta 92x Centurion with a TLR-7a and haven't had problems.

ETA: Similar height/weight, and when I had problems it tended to be when getting in or out of the car, or squatting to pick something up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
TLR7A is shorter.  It will be more comfortable.  Just buy it.  I put it off for a long time, and now I have two of them.  The longer lights are now in the night stand and in the desk drawer.

I think I have finally found an IWB light compatible holster that will work with a Kore belt, but I haven't bought it yet.  

I use this for shorts without a belt:

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:02:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre3] [#3]
If you have a good handheld light with good candela and the knowledge and skills to effectively employ it in conjunction with your handgun, it may be worth waiting to take a look at the new round of compact lights that are coming out this year. If you don't have the aforementioned skills, a better use of your money would be a low light defensive handgun class.

I used to be a WML 100% of the time person, and I still do whenever I can get away with it. However, I find the only "viable" option on the current market for concealed carry focused lights, the TLR-7, to still be lacking in candela so I find myself frequently carrying without a WML. Whether or not you have a WML, a good handheld with good candela (in my case a Cloud MCH-HC) to see past photonic barriers is mandatory .

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The TLR7 is better tech for brightness than lights that used to be industry standard.  It isn't enough light to be night spotting coyotes, but it is more than capable.

Having a separate handheld solves some problems, but if shit goes bump in the night, do you have time to fumble around finding and deploying it?  

I have gotten away with no light for decades.  Sometimes your luck can run out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Relevant: Streamlight TLR-7X Dual Fuel USB Rechargeable 69455. This model comes with the SL-B9 rechargeable battery but can take CR123A's as well - $133.76 after code RED10 with Free Shipping. Code is good for all other Streamlight products as well.

https://premiumselectsupplies.com/products/streamlight-tlr-7x-usb-gun-mounted-light
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for the feedback
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have carried a G34 with an X300U and a G19 with a TLR-7. The X300U is doable but the TLR-7 is easy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By King_Mud:
I have carried a G34 with an X300U and a G19 with a TLR-7. The X300U is doable but the TLR-7 is easy.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#9]
I can carry either but I carry with the TLR7A everyday in the Vedder holster.  The Trex Arms holster with the X300 just feels massive in comparison.

I've also used the TLR7A at night quite a bit and never felt like it wasn't bright enough.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m a recent AIWB convert. Currently carrying a Staccato P with an Aimpoint Acro and X300U in a Tenicor Malus Sol with a Mastermind Tactics pillow. If I’d have known how comfortable this was I’d have gone this route a long time ago. Glock 19 with an X300 should be easy.

I carried without the pillow for a bit and found I was getting a hotspot. The pillow completely eliminated it and it’s more comfortable than OWB. Never thought I’d say that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top