Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2023 6:53:49 PM EDT
Why would they have two dates stamped on the top above the chamber?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would assume re-work but am not certain.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:
View Quote

Like how they rearsenal SKSs or something more?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Post WW1 Germany was prohibited from producing new military weapons (on some scale that I am not an expert in) so small arms were re-worked for use by the police. Later leading up to WW2 still under that prohibition, they began producing new guns, but used a manufacturing coding system that obfuscated the actual production date.

I have only a casual interest in Lugers, or any Weimar era arms production and am not well versed in the intricacies of all of it.

That said, I don't think I have ever seen any military production anything with double manufacturing date codes that was not a re-work at the arsenal level. Obviously mismatched principal components (barrels,frames,toggles,side plates) or re-blues( no strawed small parts trigger,safety,etc.) would be obvious signs of re-work.

If you have found something you are interested in, I'd post some pictures (there are far more knowledgeable members than I on Luger) or contact Tom Whiteman at Legacy Collectibles and he will help you out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Post WW1 Germany was prohibited from producing new military weapons (on some scale that I am not an expert in) so small arms were re-worked for use by the police. Later leading up to WW2 still under that prohibition, they began producing new guns, but used a manufacturing coding system that obfuscated the actual production date.

I have only a casual interest in Lugers, or any Weimar era arms production and am not well versed in the intricacies of all of it.

That said, I don't think I have ever seen any military production anything with double manufacturing date codes that was not a re-work at the arsenal level. Obviously mismatched principal components (barrels,frames,toggles,side plates) or re-blues( no strawed small parts trigger,safety,etc.) would be obvious signs of re-work.

If you have found something you are interested in, I'd post some pictures (there are far more knowledgeable members than I on Luger) or contact Tom Whiteman at Legacy Collectibles and he will help you out.
View Quote

All numbers match but the magazine from what I can tell. Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
@CAPT_CAVEMAN

Check this out
Top Top