Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2024 8:44:04 AM EDT
Anyone own one of these?

I've been bouncing around the idea of getting one this week. I don't have a 10mm yet, and I've sold my 2011s so I wouldn't mind having another.

Something about 17 rounds of 10mm just gets me excited. Price on them is really low right now too.

How do these things stack up?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#1]
My experience with one has been good.  No problems, but it is heavy, of course.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, I was getting quite a few malfunctions with it with magtech ammo. I have a tac ultra 10mm single stack that it ran great out of though. Tried all the tricks and it would still malfunction, found a box of a different brand ammo and it ran buttery smooth, upon closer inspection, the magtech cases were all ever so slightly longer and had a very slight flare. I ran all remaining 800 rounds through a lee factory crimp die and havent had a single issue with it since. Aside from weighing approximately 30 lbs fully loaded.

lomg story short, its fucking great, get it.

I just built a 9mm longslide for that frame too, now thats fun. No recoil, I had to drop to like a 9lb maybe even 8lb spring.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]
HEAVY girl.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the 9mm version and really like it. I ended up putting a threaded barrel on it so I could use a suppressor.

The slide is not properly machined and dings the recoil spring guide. I sent pictures to RIA and they said it was a non issue.
So I ended up having to put it in my mill and fix it myself.

I just bought the 45 auto version of it and found the breech face of the slide had a large casting void on like 1/4 of the face.
I sent it back to RIA and they simply took a file to the breech face and filed it down until they filed through the void. Now the barrel fit is shit and the headspace is wide. Not to mention they did not file it flat. It is not flate top to bottom or side to side.
I am currently fighting with them to replace the slide (that should have never left the factory) and should have been replaced when I sent it to them.
It also has the same machining defect in the slide causing it to ding the recoil spring guide rod.

So just hope you never have to deal with their customer support.
Top Top