Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 5:50:34 PM EDT
Local toy store has a new Performance Center Shield 2.0 with a four inch barrel.

Anyone have any experience with this model ?   Don't want the standard 3.1 inch model.

Will be used as my EDC -- and I carry everywhere every day.  Current EDC is a Commander size 1911 - and I have zero issues with concealment.  

Thanks !
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#1]
I had one and it was an excellent shooter. I really like what S&W did with the fiber optic sights on the gun, in that they put the green on the front and red in the rear. For me, it is a game changer and it is much easier to see the green in front than guns I have with a red front sight. I was going to use it for ccw but wound up getting a 2.0 Plus and was amazed at how much better the trigger was on the Plus model. I only say that as the 2.0 guns have an excellent trigger and I didn't think it could get any better for me. The downside is the capacity for me as the 4" Shield I had is not much slimmer than the Plus. If it is a "Plus" model you are looking at, you will have the best of all worlds.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:19:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#2]
I EDC mine and no complaints or problems. Very easy to shoot & very accurate.
I did swap the FO sights for tritium.
Mine is the Plus PC, though. I'd hold out for that unless the one you're looking at is a great deal.

I also have a 3.1" barrel shield plus. I put a Faxon threaded barrel & comp on it. Definitely helped.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one, great little pistol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get it OP?

I've had mine for a bunch of years and always loved shooting it. It's very accurate, very reliable and carries well. I have a few of the 3" Gen1 Shields as well, but prefer the 4" for the added velocity, plus it has a better trigger.

Top Top