Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2024 11:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polishkebasa]
Just something to look out for , this is on my new stainless 75th anniversary lcp max

I have some burs on the front of the slide as well as a weird extra channel cut in the hammer channel that extends out the back of the slide and left a bur

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't look like a machining burr to me, more like an impact mark of being dropped or having something dropped on the slide.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:12:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: polishkebasa] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By engineer61:
Doesn't look like a machining burr to me, more like an impact mark of being dropped or having something dropped on the slide.
View Quote

Yeah the ones on the front of the slide do look like it was dropped , but the weird cut on only one side of the hammer channel definitely left a nice bur on the back of the slide that you can get your fingernail caught on

I'll see if ruger will do anything for me, hope I don't need to send the whole gun back

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:19:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nate19] [#3]
Ruger will take care of you. Tell them what you want. I had some issues with my LCP Max, just not locking back on the last round. They initially asked me to send the whole gun back but I told them I wanted a new slide assembly. They sent me an entire new slide assembly, barrel, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
You have quantity 75 LCP Max guns?!?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GlockPride:
You have quantity 75 LCP Max guns?!?
View Quote

No lol

This is one of the stainless steel 75th anniversary ruger lcp max guns, they have a differnt slide than the regular models
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Picked up a 75th anniversary Max yesterday. Definitely no groove in the hammer channel.

Is shooting low (expected from my readings) and left (unexpected) consistently. Need to shoot from a rest to see if I just neeed practice with it or if it has an issue.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#7]
They never responded to my email but I called on Thursday and they are sending me a new slide.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a newer LCP, and an LCP22, and neither of them have any broken edges like my older LCP's. I haven't had an issue, but it isn't good attention to detail, either.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I nearly bought one because those are fairly cheap, but the rear "dog ears" aren't on that model for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SDGlock23:
I nearly bought one because those are fairly cheap, but the rear "dog ears" aren't on that model for some reason.
View Quote

Yeah I didn't notice that until I brought it home, I would have actually liked it as I am thinking about maybe this would be a good gun for my mom who has poor hand strength but she was actually able to rack it so I guess its fine so idk how much the ears help.

My example ran great with the replacement slide, I'm a little hit or miss with it as it seems very easy to pull shots with how small and light it is but I hit a 8 inch gong at 15 yards with my first 4 shots so its mechanically accurate I would say.
Top Top