Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2024 11:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haveTwo]
So I'm hesitant to involve a vet in the due to cost, bit there's a first time sheep we're starting to worry about not giving birth, but anything I find recommend injecting dexamethasone.  I'm okay with waiting, but my wife keeps a closer eye on status and has begun to worry.

Have been checking with some people locally about it, but on the off chance anyone knows things to try without involving a vet, thought I'd ask.  The local vets are more the pet horse type.  I know because they come out for ours.

First time in years we've had any birthing issues.  One of the things I like about selecting for low effort animals.  We normally just see extra eyeballs whenever it happens, and the mom's take care of their own.  Good thing when we have "normal" jobs for the time being.

Edited the title.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind.  Figures about the time my wife threatens to call a vet, things return to normal.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
congrats.

Dorper?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haveTwo] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:
congrats.

Dorper?
View Quote

Thanks. Kinda?  Well, her mom is a south texas mutt as I call her, and there's some barbados in there for sure...

Few years I'll phase out the wool type in favor of exclusively barbados, except for the original mom.  She's been good to us and will be the only I won't sell/butcher.
Top Top